Sponsored

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
Was it accepted and do you have a VIN? I've seen multiple people state they can't order the 2.0T in several threads. I was just replying to the person that was saying it. If the order was accepted then in theory they should be able to get it. I got mine in 4/8 :D Still in D though :(
Yep, VIN issued.

'22 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
GOBI Color
2.0T with Auto
Sky One-Touch Roof
Basically all the packages except XR and Smokers Group.
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Yep, VIN issued.

'22 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
GOBI Color
2.0T with Auto
Sky One-Touch Roof
Basically all the packages except XR and Smokers Group.
Cool, maybe they're allowing the orders again. Maybe those people who's orders failed can retry.

Hunnieshadow

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Q8, 2019 HD Fat Boy, 2022 JL Rubicon on order
Was it accepted and do you have a VIN? I've seen multiple people state they can't order the 2.0T in several threads. I was just replying to the person that was saying it. If the order was accepted then in theory they should be able to get it. I got mine in 4/8 :D Still in D though :(
I ordered yesterday, 2 door Rubicon and the dealer told me only the 2.0T was available. I was going back and forth on the decision of engines, so that made it easy.

I do not have a vin yet, so anything could change really. Maybe the dealer told me wrong. But I wanted to post my experience.

Chopperace

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
It looks like for 2023 many manufactures are going to start charging monthly for features that were originally included with optional packages. Remote start, navigation, heated seats, etc. I'm sure Stellantis is considering this as well.

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
It looks like for 2023 many manufactures are going to start charging monthly for features that were originally included with optional packages. Remote start, navigation, heated seats, etc. I'm sure Stellantis is considering this as well.
I'm definitely not paying anything to use that crappy uconnect remote start app once the trial ends.

Sponsored

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
LOL, monthly subscription for heated seats?

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reposition the vents, redesign the HVAC controls into a single row and put it lower. Possibly move some controls into the head unit itself...
Please no... I like having physical buttons, and detest having to use the screen to adjust settings on a vehicle. I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but it is not safe, and very inconvenient. Give me more analog buttons/switches and less interaction with that screen please.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Excuse my French, but fuck that.

Any hardware feature that doesn't require use of a data connection or external servers should not be locked behind a secondary paywall of any sort. Things like remote start over the internet, onStar emergency services, traffic/weather data might warrant a subscription. Anything else, like hardware-based remote start/unlock, heated seats, and onboard nav should be paid for when the vehicle is purchased and any attempt to extort customers for these features is 110% bullshit that should not be tolerated in the slightest.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Cripes I sure hope the 2022 JL order gets built. I have NO desire for auto brake system and I do not carry a phone with me.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 JL Order Books Open June 15, 2022 73WZ

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I've heard the rumors but not sure anyone has gone through with it yet. Once they do the aftermarket guys who sell switches for basic power on/off will start to make a killing lmao. You can still get remote starts from outside vendors too. Any manufacturer that does that should be avoided at all costs and send them a message.
Sponsored