First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
Well. I put down a deposit on a '22 JLU Willys Sport with my local dealer, but the order hasn't been placed yet. The dealer will hold my deposit and let me order a '23 when the order banks open. I didn't get a definite date, but was told it would be soon. The only caveat is that the dealer doesn't know yet if Stellantis will allow sold orders over their allocation. If they don't, then if I wanted a '23 from them, I'd have to pay MSRP on whatever they get in. Or wait. Or I'll just order from Gupton. Either way, I'll get a '23. I just hope my '21 doesn't take a nose dive in value in the next few months.

OP
OP
CaliJLU

CaliJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Rubicon Past: 2016 C300, 2018 JLU Sport S
Well. I put down a deposit on a '22 JLU Willys Sport with my local dealer, but the order hasn't been placed yet. The dealer will hold my deposit and let me order a '23 when the order banks open. I didn't get a definite date, but was told it would be soon. The only caveat is that the dealer doesn't know yet if Stellantis will allow sold orders over their allocation. If they don't, then if I wanted a '23 from them, I'd have to pay MSRP on whatever they get in. Or wait. Or I'll just order from Gupton. Either way, I'll get a '23. I just hope my '21 doesn't take a nose dive in value in the next few months.
FYI mall of Georgia doesn’t require a deposit.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Given that the '22 MY is looking pretty short (<12 months total), I'm guessing that this means the '23 will likely be mostly the same as the '22. Too short of a time period to make any major changes, I'd think.

Which is a shame because that probably means no wireless Android Auto.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Curious why you are wanting to move on from your '21?

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Remember that likely all Wranglers built in September 2022 or later will have automatic emergency braking as standard equipment based on the agreement between NHTSA and automakers. Some may wish to order sooner or later depending on how they feel about that.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Wow this was fast! Even know it’s schedule to start MY 2023 production in august let it be known that the 2022 MY was delayed due to Covid and part shortage etc and didn’t start till later toward the end of the year, will be interesting to see if production of the 23 will be effected in any way by the 22 MY production still ongoing, it seems from what we see on the boards by other members still waiting on back orders that are still in D / gathering parts and so on. Hopefully we won’t see as many delays as we did with early orders on MY 23 like we’ve seen this year with October's orders falling behind

OfftheJeepN

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner, 2022 JLUR XR
Sweet, maybe I will get a 2023 JLUR-XR as I ordered on 12/13/21 and have yet to move from gathering f#cking parts. :facepalm:
@jeninchicago and @KAB96F ,

Interesting isn't it? We ordered early for a '22 and we are going to be pushed to an early order of a '23. Can't wait to see what my '24 looks like when my '22 order is finally fulfilled....

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

they have to finish all the 2022 builds before the 2023 start of production date
but is it possible the very first 2023 builds are delivered before the very last 2022 builds are ultimately delivered? yes
That's not how it's worked in the past. They have to EITHER finish them OR convert them to 2023s. Lots of 2022s were ordered as 2021s.

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
FYI mall of Georgia doesn’t require a deposit.

Thanks. My local dealer was $500 and if they can't order me a '23 over their allocation, they will refund my deposit. Hopefully all works out because they are only 10 minutes from my house.

YukonCornelius

First Name
Scooter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL MOAB
No 22’s will be made after the first 23 starts… as others stated, any 22 not made by that date will get converted. If August turns out to be correct, the 2022 model year run will be one of the shortest in recent history - not even a full 8 months - as 22’s didn’t even start until December 16th. Jeep may possibly be targeting a more-than-full-calendar-year run for the 23’s due to it being a big anniversary year. I could see them running 14-16 months easy. I’ll keep my less common 22 IF it ever gets here! Ordered October 8th - the first day MY’22 order banks were open.
Sponsored