Sponsored

somerset20

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Recently Jeep is building more sahara4xes than rubicon 4xe per crypostickers. The stats show 53% of 4xe are Sahara and 47% of 4xe are Rubicon. Last month, there are 214 Sahara 4xe updated than 179 Rubicon 4xe. 52 Sahara 4xe updated than 18 Rubicon 4xe in last 7 days. Rubicon 4xe almost stopped building. Don't know when I can expect my Rubicon 4xe to be delivered. There is a thread that mentioned Jeep only takes Sahara 4xe and no more 2022 Rubicon 4xe now.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR, 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
There are a few people under the impression that the 22ā€™s will somehow be more valuable cause of a short model year. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. These are Jeepā€™s weā€™re talking about and they built a STUPID amount of 2022s in the 8 months they were available. 22s will depreciate in time the same way all cars do and the 23s will be worth a lil more as theyā€™re a model year newer.
hey there letā€™s not pretend ANY Jeeps depreciate ā€œjust like normal carsā€ the only thing that might make those people right is if the Renegade grill goes on the 2023 and ā€˜22 is the last year with the classic Jeep facia :)

btw, just sold my 2010 Wrangler with 160k miles for 17,000. The truck was 30,000 new in 2010. So wild!

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
hey there letā€™s not pretend ANY Jeeps depreciate ā€œjust like normal carsā€ the only thing that might make those people right is if the Renegade grill goes on the 2023 and ā€˜22 is the last year with the classic Jeep facia :)

btw, just sold my 2010 Wrangler with 160k miles for 17,000. The truck was 30,000 new in 2010. So wild!
I thought it was just in Texas where people called small SUV's trucks. Is that an east cost thing too?

OP
OP
CaliJLU

CaliJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Rubicon Past: 2016 C300, 2018 JLU Sport S
I thought it was just in Texas where people called small SUV's trucks. Is that an east cost thing too?
If itā€™s a body on frame vehicle, it can be referred to as a truck, hence some SUVs (Tahoe, Wrangler, etc). But you also have a bunch of unibody SUVs now, that were previously body on frame construction (like Range Rovers) that are also referred to as trucks. In my opinion, and most ā€œold timers,ā€ if itā€™s not a body on frame, itā€™s not a truck.

Sponsored

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If itā€™s a body on frame vehicle, it can be referred to as a truck, hence some SUVs (Tahoe, Wrangler, etc). But you also have a bunch of unibody SUVs now, that were previously body on frame construction (like Range Rovers) that are also referred to as trucks. In my opinion, and most ā€œold timers,ā€ if itā€™s not a body on frame, itā€™s not a truck.
So a 55 Chevy is a truck?

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
I don't think you will get bumped to a 2023. That didn't happen with the 2021's being bumped to a 2022. Most likely yours will be most likely built by August, might just be held up for minor parts/accessories and/or shipping. (hopefully you'll get still get it quicker :))
I ordered at the end of January and was told 7-9 weeks. Here I sit at week 16 and still nothing. We just sold our second car this weekend. We had a great buyer and couldn't put it off any longer. If we have to be a one car family until August, that just won't fly.... especially since we have to get two kids to different schools at different times in the morning starting mid-August (High School and Middle School). We are private school, so no bussing for either.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I ordered at the end of January and was told 7-9 weeks. Here I sit at week 16 and still nothing. We just sold our second car this weekend. We had a great buyer and couldn't put it off any longer. If we have to be a one car family until August, that just won't fly.... especially since we have to get two kids to different schools at different times in the morning starting mid-August (High School and Middle School). We are private school, so no bussing for either.
Your options are fairly limited. You can simply wait it out and hope that you have that 2nd vehicle in time, you can rent or buy a 2nd vehicle to make it through, or you can sell those pesky kids!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
haha guess so! Rather call it a truck than an SUV, makes me just picture a soccer mom in a Pilot gathering the kids for school haha.

Sponsored

MyfirstJeepwasaCJ5

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2022
Remember that likely all Wranglers built in September 2022 or later will have automatic emergency braking as standard equipment based on the agreement between NHTSA and automakers. Some may wish to order sooner or later depending on how they feel about that.
I did not know that ! Thanks for sharing !

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
haha guess so! Rather call it a truck than an SUV, makes me just picture a soccer mom in a Pilot gathering the kids for school haha.
Years ago my wife's hairdresser called her Honda CRV a truck. she was from Texas. Maybe in Texas SUV's get truck plates. I don't know. Just thought it was odd.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Years ago my wife's hairdresser called her Honda CRV a truck. she was from Texas. Maybe in Texas SUV's get truck plates. I don't know. Just thought it was odd.
CRV isnā€™t even an SUV! Let alone a truck lol. Itā€™s a hatchback car that sits 2ā€ higher :)

usmamg

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Corvette, 2022 Rubicon ER
@jeninchicago and @KAB96F ,

Interesting isn't it? We ordered early for a '22 and we are going to be pushed to an early order of a '23. Can't wait to see what my '24 looks like when my '22 order is finally fulfilled....
My 2022 order from 12/31 has been in D/D1
Hell! Jeep will probably move me to a 2023 so they can charge me more!