Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I place a deposit on a 2023 Rubicon 392 XR on June 18th. Wanted it in Granite Crystal, but was told it was unavailable so I had to get it in Black. Now (as of June 29th) my dealer is saying that Granite Crystal is only available with a Sky One-Touch top. Anyone know the ground truth on this? Also, my order status is still 8A (pending) and priority 99. However, my dealer says they can't change my order if I wanted to. Are they lying to me and, if so, what would be their motivation to keep my order unchanged?
As long as you don't have a VIN yet it should be able to be changed.
Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Fuck me those things are UGLY.

Awesome! Snorkel from factory! Literally the only thing I wish I had from '23 so far. I bet it's 3.6 only though lol.
seems like you can get on 4 or 6cyl

yeti1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JL Two Door Rubicon
Any word on when you will be able to order the standard Rubicon wheel? Since itā€™s now listed on the build and price tool?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
I place a deposit on a 2023 Rubicon 392 XR on June 18th. Wanted it in Granite Crystal, but was told it was unavailable so I had to get it in Black. Now (as of June 29th) my dealer is saying that Granite Crystal is only available with a Sky One-Touch top. Anyone know the ground truth on this? Also, my order status is still 8A (pending) and priority 99. However, my dealer says they can't change my order if I wanted to. Are they lying to me and, if so, what would be their motivation to keep my order unchanged?
Yes, the granite has been restrained. I can't tell on the order change. My guess is they can contact their sales rep and the sale rep can update it for you.

Sponsored

RenegadeCJ5

First Name
Glover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR
I guess Iā€™ll have to just wait and see if the color ever becomes available. Otherwise Iā€™ll be going with black. Thanks for all the replies!

StaceyLynn13

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yes, the granite has been restrained. I can't tell on the order change. My guess is they can contact their sales rep and the sale rep can update it for you.
what do you mean restrained?

dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Has Jeep completely discontinued the 2.0t with eTorque at this point?

I currently have a 23 4xe Rubicon on order but I have become concerned with the reliability after reading a on these forums. I was reading the 2.0t eTorque was a mild hybrid but it seems to be completely gone.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
Has Jeep completely discontinued the 2.0t with eTorque at this point?

I currently have a 23 4xe Rubicon on order but I have become concerned with the reliability after reading a on these forums. I was reading the 2.0t eTorque was a mild hybrid but it seems to be completely gone.
Yes, I haven't seen it for a while. They aren't great on their communication, so I can't guarantee that is for good, but its been months since I have seen that option.

Sponsored

StaceyLynn13

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Not currently available for order.
Oh I see. I already placed my order at the beginning of June and have a vin for my granite crystal Willyā€™s already

yeti1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JL Two Door Rubicon
Yes, I haven't seen it for a while. They aren't great on their communication, so I can't guarantee that is for good, but its been months since I have seen that option.

Do you know if the standard Rubicion wheel (WGQ) as seen in the build tool is available to order yet?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
Do you know if the standard Rubicion wheel (WGQ) as seen in the build tool is available to order yet?
I just tried to place an order and it prompted me to upgraded to the WGM or the Extreme recon package. So, no.

dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That stinks. It seems like it would have given you a lot of the drivability niceness of the 4xe without all the complexity and weight.

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
That stinks. It seems like it would have given you a lot of the drivability niceness of the 4xe without all the complexity and weight.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-what-it-is-how-it-works-what-it-does.74400/

Itā€™s really a totally different thing, the eTorque just makes start/stop smoother and adds some juice to the ā€œfirst half of tire rotation from a stopā€, and some capture of energy from letting off the throttle to add to the 48v system for that tiny startup boost. In contrast, you can go 25 miles without gasoline on the 4xe.

To me, the eTorque is a bunch of complication for some stuff the engine should do just fine on its own. Which is probably why the 2.0 doesnā€™t have eTorque any more, itā€™s got great low end torque already. Maybe the 3.6 can benefit from itā€¦but really, if youā€™re thinking hybrid - the 4xe is the right choice.
Sponsored