Sponsored

2023 Jeep vs. Curb, Curb wins.

DMVPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LS500, Defender 110, F150
Well, it was nice for the few weeks we had it. My wife was basically pitted into a curb @ 35mph by a distracted driver. The right rear wheel took the brunt of the impact. No injuries, other than the Jeep and the other lady's insurance rates.
The aftermath of sliding into a curb @ 35mph, $38K+ in damage, and the frame was too jacked to fix. Totaled.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Jeep vs. Curb, Curb wins. IMG_3431
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Jeep vs. Curb, Curb wins. IMG_3430

IMG_3432.jpeg
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Ouchie!

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Well, it was nice for the few weeks we had it. My wife was basically pitted into a curb @ 35mph by a distracted driver. The right rear wheel took the brunt of the impact. No injuries, other than the Jeep and the other lady's insurance rates.
The aftermath of sliding into a curb @ 35mph, $38K+ in damage, and the frame was too jacked to fix. Totaled.
IMG_3431.jpeg
IMG_3430.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg
Can you ask how much your insurance guy will sell this to me for?

If he won't sell the whole Jeep, can I buy the doors and the top?

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Sorry to hear it. I hope your wife and any passengers were not injured.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Can you ask how much your insurance guy will sell this to me for?
Well that's kinda where my mind immediately went.
If it were mine, I'd buy the salvage title, replace this with another Jeep (minus some of the extras). Then take the parts you want off of this one to put on the replacement. Sell the parts you don't want, and then sell the remaining salvaged Jeep to someone looking for a trail vehicle or for scrap.
It's a bit of effort, but you'd come out ahead.

I had a truck that was nearly new get backed into. The insurance replaced a few parts that were needed. However, one wheel was scratched (very light scratch) and they were going to replace it with OEM. I asked for a check for the replacement value of the damaged wheel and kept the wheel. I then took the money they gave me for that one OEM wheel and bought a new set of aftermarket wheels that I liked better. With the new wheels/tires on the truck, I sold the OEM set of wheels/tires on craigslist for nearly full price despite the minor scratch.

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Well that's kinda where my mind immediately went.
If it were mine, I'd buy the salvage title, replace this with another Jeep (minus some of the extras). Then take the parts you want off of this one to put on the replacement. Sell the parts you don't want, and then sell the remaining salvaged Jeep to someone looking for a trail vehicle or for scrap.
It's a bit of effort, but you'd come out ahead.

I had a truck that was nearly new get backed into. The insurance replaced a few parts that were needed. However, one wheel was scratched (very light scratch) and they were going to replace it with OEM. I asked for a check for the replacement value of the damaged wheel and kept the wheel. I then took the money they gave me for that one OEM wheel and bought a new set of aftermarket wheels that I liked better. With the new wheels/tires on the truck, I sold the OEM set of wheels/tires on craigslist for nearly full price despite the minor scratch.
This is exactly how I obtained my current rig, Pain Train. Absolutely worth it.

I’d be curious what the frame damage is. Even then, it’s not going to be catastrophic. It’s all fixable easily.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I really don’t understand how the frame is damaged in this scenario.
I’m assuming wheel gets hit and that force transfers through the control arms up into the frame and tweaks it. Probably not the worst frame damage but enough and depending on jurisdiction easier/has to be totaled.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I really don’t understand how the frame is damaged in this scenario.
The trackbar bracket is considered frame damage to an insurance company. This a frame replacement to them where we can just cut it off and weld a new one on in 30 minutes.

AndiS

First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
This makes me sick to my stomach. I'm so sorry!
Sponsored