Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JKURD AEV JL370; 2014 GC Overland Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
Wait, I just zoomed in on the pic in that link, and there as no traditional AEV badging on the side!! Interesting, and I stand corrected.

052EF794-E3E1-4C24-99FD-F05C0338D730.jpeg
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I didn’t know that group existed on FB; I just requested to join. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, and for the info.
I was shocked that they announced the sand dune thing in Oregon there and didn't email us about it. Fortunately I saw it soon enough to get one of the slots.

OP
OP
bobholthaus

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
I was shocked that they announced the sand dune thing in Oregon there and didn't email us about it. Fortunately I saw it soon enough to get one of the slots.
So you’re driving up to Oregon from CO? That sounds like a fun outing. I think I saw something about it, but if you have a link, I’d read it. Thanks.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

So you’re driving up to Oregon from CO? That sounds like a fun outing. I think I saw something about it, but if you have a link, I’d read it. Thanks.
The drive there probably won't be fun since I'll be doing it solo. My wife will be in Vegas and I'll be picking her up at an airport in Oregon. We'll be spending the whole week up there at an Airbnb on the beach. In theory I'll be working remotely. Yeah, right.

Here's the post from FB (FB links are verboten here):
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Earl JLURD AEV JL370 Build 1676130616245

And a video from years ago:

OP
OP
bobholthaus

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
Thanks John. Yeah 20 hour drive alone isn’t fun. But a week up there will probably be amazing.

OP
OP
bobholthaus

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
Okay, I need a led light strip solution for my rear glass/tailgate. I want it to be really nice, really oem looking, and I’ll have OTRATTW do a custom switch over for me. What are your guy’s thoughts on best solution? It needs to be detachable for when I take the top off all summer.

Also, at some point I’ll add a locking trunk setup; I think mine was a Rugged Ridge on my JK. I added an LED strip to the underside of that setup too. I’ll wire it all together on a single switch. I like light… have been accused of it being a “fetish” by another forum member… no one has ever complained about the lights on my Jeep being extremely functional.

ideas for solutions? THIS is the thread the contains the lights I am considering

Last edited:

bacon392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon 392 XR
Okay, I need a led light strip solution for my rear glass/tailgate. I want it to be really nice, really oem looking, and I’ll have OTRATTW do a custom switch over for me. What are your guy’s thoughts on best solution? It needs to be detachable for when I take the top off all summer.

Also, at some point I’ll add a locking trunk setup; I think mine was a Rugged Ridge on my JK. I added an LED strip to the underside of that setup too. I’ll wire it all together on a single switch. I like light… have been accused of it being a “fetish” by another forum member… no one has ever complained about the lights on my Jeep being extremely functional.

ideas for solutions? Wait, I think I saw someone with a red/white option; that would be cool. A three way switch to choose either or.
This is the LED strip AAL uses on their Versatable. It's quite bright.
https://americanadventurelab.com/product/sealed-led-area-light/

Versatable:
https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-versatable-tailgate-table/

muzicman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK CoD(sold), BMW M850i, 2021 MB X5 M50I
Btw, I am going to be putting my pioneer roof platform on mine; I figure if I really need fuel that badly, I can get some rotopacks and flat mount them up there. Like Ratbert, I’m not doing multi day back country excursions where running out of fuel is a major concern.

If someone was to devise a way to make that carrier a spare tank that was connected to the main tank, giving us a 28 gallon capacity without having to deal with transferring fuel, this would be a no-brainer decision.

One of you guys want to figure that out for us?! I did see a thread where a guy put a fuel pump in a Pelican-type case and he could pump the gas pretty quickly from his carrier into the main tank. Still not convenient enough for every-week use though.
The Shaker Siphone that comes with it worked exceptionally well, likely just as quickly as the pump in the case scenario. I probably won't use it every week, but I do have a couple of 2-3 day trips this year that I will use to avoid leaving the OHV to hit the gas station.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bobholthaus

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
The Shaker Siphone that comes with it worked exceptionally well, likely just as quickly as the pump in the case scenario. I probably won't use it every week, but I do have a couple of 2-3 day trips this year that I will use to avoid leaving the OHV to hit the gas station.
This would be the exact reason I’d want to have the fuel carrier, to not have to leave or worry about fuel in a multi day outing.

OP
OP
bobholthaus

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
I called them back and told them to leave it on.

6 days later (since pics); supposedly in inspection. The communication with AEV has been less than ideal, I hate to report.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Following as I am starting the process for a custom order Jeep to then go to AEV. Communication is important to me.

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link

ideas for solutions? THIS is the thread the contains the lights I am considering
I used the "Brawlee" RGB by Done Right LED on my JKU. It was fantastic. I actually had their original that was only white, and upgraded to the RGB version when I put an Ursa Minor J30 on my JKU.

However, taking a look at their website, they may have changed the light, or something, because it used to be that there was one for the JK, and one for the JL. Now it seems there is just one model for the TJ/JK/JL, and they are sold out.

Not sure if that is a temporary thing, a result of a recent product change and not having stock yet, or a discontinuation of the product.

And, yes, I did ask you if you had a fetish (with tongue inserted fully into cheek) so you would stop littering MY build thread with your lighting conundrums. It seems to have worked. 😜

OP
OP
bobholthaus

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
I picked it up yesterday and drove back to St. Louis. I'll give a full write-up with impressions this weekend.

For today, I can't tell you how smooth the diesel is, and how great the AEV suspension works. I got exactly 18 mpg (indicated) for 555 miles with the cruise set at 80 mph the entire time, on 37" KO2s and AEV's 4.56 gearing. RPMs at 80 mph were 2100-2200, which is exactly what they were at 80 mph with the stock 3.73 gearing and OEM Rubicon KO2 tires (I think 32s?)

2023-02-23 12.00.46.jpg

2023-02-23 12.01.37.jpg

2023-02-23 12.01.51.jpg

2023-02-23 12.15.03.jpg

2023-02-23 12.15.07.jpg

2023-02-23 12.15.17.jpg

2023-02-23 12.15.26.jpg

2023-02-23 12.15.34.jpg

2023-02-23 21.30.06.jpg

2023-02-24 14.40.44.jpg
Sponsored