2022 Xtreme Recon with Death Wobble

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon Xtreme
I went with Clayton off road 3.5" springs. Gives you about the same amount of lift. They have been working great so far. My tires are at about 33 cold up here. It's been in the 20-30 degree range. Hot they are about 36.
The wobble definitely showed up in mine, when going around a corner wto the right and hitting a bump or a railroad track. Wish I still had my gopro video....it's scary how much those pucks move.
So no rear spring upgrade?
I went with Clayton off road 3.5" springs. Gives you about the same amount of lift. They have been working great so far. My tires are at about 33 cold up here. It's been in the 20-30 degree range. Hot they are about 36.
The wobble definitely showed up in mine, when going around a corner to the right and hitting a bump or a railroad track. Wish I still had my gopro video....it's scary how much those pucks move.
So no rear spring upgrade needed? Will I need to get all the additional parts you bought besides front springs? Or should I get a track bar and upper control arms?
Sponsored

OP
OP
XtremeRecon

XtremeRecon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKR
So no rear spring upgrade?

So no rear spring upgrade needed? Will I need to get all the additional parts you bought besides front springs? Or should I get a track bar and upper control arms?
I got all four springs....front and back. The stock ones are just way to soft.
I would get at least a front and rear track bar to get your axles centered. That will help a lot. Upper control arms to get your caster as close to 6-7 degrees. I also got MetalCloak front spring perches to replace the factory ones. The one on my passenger side was crushed right from the factory. Everything else you can use from the teraflex kit, bump stops, sway bar links, etc.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
This is a wild suggestion but I was searching for similar issues and found yours.

Try puttiin on the OEM control arms / track bar and see what happens.

I have a Mojave with an AEV lift and a wobble (not death) over certain bumps that goes away on its own. like, hit an off axis bump and the steering wheel wobbles 8ish times back and forth, then stops. Not a huge problem but very annoying. I tried everything and check bolts and torque multiple times. I ended up removing the Clayton stuff and re-installing the OEM track bar and arms with the AEV lift and I could not get those wiggle to re-appear after driving the problematic sections of road for nearly an hour.

I messaged Clayton for guidance but I haven't heard yet (this was all yesterday)