2022 Wranglers delivered

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
My question is has anyone received there 2022 order yet? I ordered a 392 2 weeks ago and was told should be here by end of January. Are they even in production yet?
I am still waiting on a drivable 2021! Order uploaded to dealer connect exactly 1 year ago today!!!!!!
Sponsored

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I was told not to expect delivery until April by the dealer that placed the order . Maybe you know more about the timeline than the dealer that sells the product .
Hereā€™s my point. All these people order in October/November. Production starts in DECEMBER. So who is getting all the Jeeps that will be delivered in January, February, March??? They just gonna say screw all these customer orders and give dealer inventory for the first three months? I donā€™t see that happening. I fully expect many of the October/November orders will start being delivered January and February. It makes no sense otherwise. Also Gladiator production starts very soon and many of those orders are hitting D1 and they are getting ship dates in some cases. Why would the first wrangler orders be different?

KJiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR, 1996 Porsche 911
Hereā€™s my point. All these people order in October/November. Production starts in DECEMBER. So who is getting all the Jeeps that will be delivered in January, February, March??? They just gonna say screw all these customer orders and give dealer inventory for the first three months? I donā€™t see that happening. I fully expect many of the October/November orders will start being delivered January and February. It makes no sense otherwise. Also Gladiator production starts very soon and many of those orders are hitting D1 and they are getting ship dates in some cases. Why would the first wrangler orders be different?
My ā€˜21 392 XR order from early July is supposed to enter production on Monday. If so, will be five months by the time it arrives.

Go and look at the ā€˜22 Ram TRX production. It seems that Stellantis is using some sort of load balancing algorithm to spread all orders that occur prior to production out into the future. They mix them with orders that come in after production start. Maybe the ā€˜22 Wranglers will be different. They definitely donā€™t build them in chronological VIN order.

I would say set low expectations so that you are happily surprised if it is sooner than folks are quoting

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I do feel 392s are an exception. I fully expect delays with them. Maybe Iā€™m just trying to be overly optimistic. Only time will tell.

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I was told not to expect delivery until April by the dealer that placed the order . Maybe you know more about the timeline than the dealer that sells the product .
Your assumption that the dealer would know more than the customer seems logical but I went to a local dealer and asked about ordering a 2022. He said he didnā€™t think he could order one yet. I told him that it was my understanding that 2022s had been available to order for about a week. He said we could go inside and check. He sat at his computer and then said, ā€œwow. Youā€™re right. We can order them.ā€ I, the customer, knew more about the timeline than the dealer that sells the product. I also knew more about the available options and pricing.

I had a similar experience at 3 other Jeep dealers and 2 Ford dealers. I knew more about the products than every salesman I talked to except the one I eventually ordered from.

Sponsored

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
I guess I stand corrected. Still trying to figure out how this makes sense though. Maybe over the 22 MY there will be a 20-24 week lead time average. But if they start building 22s 12/9, they build 500ish? a day when running full speed. Wouldnā€™t the first few months orders come out pretty quick and lead times will slowly increase as the year goes on? But those who ordered early should see early build times? Surely those first two months they can crank out 20k or more wranglers. Definitely agree for 392s being slow, that has definitely been the case thus far with 392s.
But I may be completely wrong. Just thinking out loud about this I guess.
Itā€™s not a problem of capacity, itā€™s a problem of supply chain. And itā€™s a problem everywhere, not just automotive. A manufacturer can only build if they have the parts.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Your assumption that the dealer would know more than the customer seems logical but I went to a local dealer and asked about ordering a 2022. He said he didnā€™t think he could order one yet. I told him that it was my understanding that 2022s had been available to order for about a week. He said we could go inside and check. He sat at his computer and then said, ā€œwow. Youā€™re right. We can order them.ā€ I, the customer, knew more about the timeline than the dealer that sells the product. I also knew more about the available options and pricing.

I had a similar experience at 3 other Jeep dealers and 2 Ford dealers. I knew more about the products than every salesman I talked to except the one I eventually ordered from.
This is accurate in 97% of situations. Theyā€™re salespeople, not car people. I had a Subaru salesperson tell me that if I wanted to borrow $200,000 to buy a house, the bank is not going to give me a low rate, it will be something like 15% interest to make it worth their while. I asked him why I have a 2.79% rate on my mortgage then and he was speechless and then I got up and walked out.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Most dealers donā€™t know crap. Had a dealer tell me they had already received 2022 Wranglers for customers already on the lot. Also when I asked for a MSRP price from them of a 2022 they used the online Jeep configurator for 2021s and gave me the wrong price (which I I knew was wrong due me looking at the 22 order guides on here). Immediately left because I could tell they didnā€™t know anything and just casually reading the forums made me more informed than they were. That being said if you order a non 392 in October/November it will 99% chance be built before February is over, stop overreacting people. Dealers have no time frame idea and they just spit out how long it usually takes for one of their orders to come in which in most cases between 8-16 weeks.

R44pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB GLC63S, BMW M3, Hydro 392XR, Braptor
My ā€˜21 392 XR order from early July is supposed to enter production on Monday. If so, will be five months by the time it arrives.

Go and look at the ā€˜22 Ram TRX production. It seems that Stellantis is using some sort of load balancing algorithm to spread all orders that occur prior to production out into the future. They mix them with orders that come in after production start. Maybe the ā€˜22 Wranglers will be different. They definitely donā€™t build them in chronological VIN order.

I would say set low expectations so that you are happily surprised if it is sooner than folks are quoting
My XR came in almost right at 5 months from day I first placed the order.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Many of them are 2021 392 orders that were converted to 2022 builds. Hundreds of June-July-August XR orders were never built at all.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I placed my order for my Rubicon XR with Chapman on 10/26 and the last 5 of my VIN is 10799. With this said, although sold orders are in the system, I believe the dealers also need to be allocated build slots to tie the orders too. I was told at the time of order - 12 - 16 weeks from production start. I was hoping to receive by mid February as I have an event in Philly. Oh well.
Dealers can order without an allocation and get it built without ever receiving an allocation for said sold order vehicle.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
There will certainly be '22 Wranglers delivered in Jan/Feb/March. Probably December, too. The lead times quoted are used to set expectations probably with hopes to meet or overdeliver on them, and are from time of order.

It's also possible they may build 392's later again and just stop production on them for a few months. No clue.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee; 2021 JLU Sahara
I donā€™t understand why people keep saying their orders wonā€™t get delivered until April. Even if they are super late starting 22s in early January. You really think itā€™s going to take 4 months to get your wrangler built and delivered? Iā€™ve already seen people posting saying they are only taking customer orders right now. The highest order number Iā€™ve seen so far is around 16,500. It WILL NOT take them 4 months to build 16,500 wranglers. I know more orders will be added in the meantime, but this seems overly pessimistic to me.
I ordered my MY21 7/23/2021...still waiting on it. 17 weeks yesterday

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I ordered my MY21 7/23/2021...still waiting on it. 17 weeks yesterday
I ordered my Sport on August 2nd, 2021... I should (fingers crossed) receive it this week...

They screwed up my order and ordered black seats instead of the tan that I wanted. The dealer offered to order me a new one right away (it would have been a '22)... but I decided to get seat covers instead. I'm not waiting another 3-1/2 months.

DB2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara Altitude, 12 VW Beetle, 08 Honda Fit
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Security & Architecture
MY22s definitely start being built the week of Dec 6th. Not certain if it includes all trims or not.. Iā€™ve had the unfortunate opportunity to speak with an escalation manager at the corporate level in Stellantis After the MY21 we ordered was delivered and then sold out from under us. šŸ˜”

Good luck to eveyone that has a MY21 or MY22 on order. Hoping for minimal delays for us all!
Sponsored