First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
When I started to shop for a Rubicon, I built my ideal online trying to find a 2021 already out there on someone's lot. There was no luck for that so I ordered one.

The total MSRP for the 2021: $62,685

The total MSRP for the 2022*: $60,810

* the 21 and 22 have the same exact builds. That said, the base price for the Rubicon Unlimited increased. But, it now comes with the 8" U connect, Alpine, and keyless entry. For 2021, all of those were add on options. Net net, the same exact build decreased in price. I'll bet the introduction of the Bronco is driving down some prices. My build of a Bronco with all the same options/features of my Rubicon (well, save for differences that simply exists between the two), was nearly $4,000 less. Yay capitalism!
Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I went to Jeep and started to build a willys, love that, V6 comes with ESS instead of the crap etorque!
When it came to the automatic trans, you have to make a choice, package of 22w or 24w, anyone got an idea what they are
Okay just saw the difference 22w is the 4 cylinder and 24w is V6
We're back to loving ESS over Etorque now?
2018-2019 ESS = hated.
2020-2021 Etorque better than ESS.
2022 ESS better than Etorque?

I'm sure the configurator is near beta, but when I click on remote start I am forced from the V6 to the 2.0 liter. V6 for me. Do not want a turbo.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Wrangler build & price is now on the Jeep website. Remote start requires 2 liter.JPG

Order guide shows V6 as Etorque.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Wrangler build & price is now on the Jeep website. Etorque.JPG

Automatic forces 2 liter. :(

Remaining calm. :) It's early.

Was building a 2 door Rubicon.

Last edited:

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Hi,

Funny the heavy duty rock sliders are on the configurator, but my salesperson couldn't find it back on the 29th, have a email into him to see if he can add them to my order.

Regards
Jim
My salesman couldn’t add to my order either. Ordered 12/2.

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
I'd love to get a Sahara instead of a Rubicon, but sadly, they no longer make a 2-door Sahara. And yeah, $4k to delete the red accents is just insane. For a vehicle that has a lot of rather expensive options to rack up, so many simple things are oddly limited (like why can't you choose all-terrain tires on the Sahara? why are painted hard top and fenders only available on the 2-door Rubicon?). I don't get it.
Not true that you can only get painted hard top and fenders on a 2 door Rubi . I have the build sheet to prove it.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
builing a Willys i added the Gorilla glass and it forces you to get auto transmission for some reason lol. but not with the Rubi.
I noticed the same thing. These are website glitches. I can't imagine that being the case when you order it at the dealer.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Not true that you can only get painted hard top and fenders on a 2 door Rubi . I have the build sheet to prove it.
Perhaps I phrased that too generically while speaking to someone else that already knew exactly what I meant, but more specifically, I meant the Rubicon is the only 2-door trim that you can get painted hard top and fenders - not that you can't get that on other 4-door trims (like the Sahara).

If you have a build sheet for painted fenders and hard top on a non-Rubi 2-door, then please share your details.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I'm sure the configurator is near beta, but when I click on remote start I am forced from the V6 to the 2.0 liter. V6 for me. Do not want a turbo.
Kinda doubt you'd want it for your location, but adding auto/eTorque and cold climate package adds remote start for $0.

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Perhaps I phrased that too generically while speaking to someone else that already knew exactly what I meant, but more specifically, I meant the Rubicon is the only 2-door trim that you can get painted hard top and fenders - not that you can't get that on other 4-door trims (like the Sahara).

If you have a build sheet for painted fenders and hard top on a non-Rubi 2-door, then please share your details.
Ah, gotcha. It read to me like you said you can only get painted fenders/top on a 2 door Rubi, not a 4 door. I see now that you meant the only 2 door you can get painted fender/top is a Rubi. My mistake.

Reactions: AFD

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
I will throw this out there that while I agree that the configurator might not be 100% ready for prime time, it does concern me that Alpine is listed NOWHERE. We were all told that the 8.4 Alpine was now stock on Rubicon and Sahara, and that never made sense to me. I have a bad feeling we will be getting our '22 Saharas and Rubis with just an upgraded, largerr screen. Why would they suddenly make a multi speaker Alpine upgrade that they were getting almost $2k for STANDARD??

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Ah, gotcha. It read to me like you said you can only get painted fenders/top on a 2 door Rubi, not a 4 door. I see now that you meant the only 2 door you can get painted fender/top is a Rubi. My mistake.
No worries! I could've been more clear in how I worded that. Enjoy your new Rubi! :)

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I will throw this out there that while I agree that the configurator might not be 100% ready for prime time, it does concern me that Alpine is listed NOWHERE. We were all told that the 8.4 Alpine was now stock on Rubicon and Sahara, and that never made sense to me. I have a bad feeling we will be getting our '22 Saharas and Rubis with just an upgraded, largerr screen. Why would they suddenly make a multi speaker Alpine upgrade that they were getting almost $2k for STANDARD??
At the very bottom of the configurator page (for a Rubicon), click on 'standard features' and under 'audio & uConnect multimedia' it states 'Alpine Premium Audio System', which seems to jive with the 2022 order guides and the fact that a '22 now costs over $1,000 more than a '21. Still $1k less than the $2k 'Premium Audio Group' for the '21, but anything to make them more competitively-priced with the much cheaper Bronco is a step in the right direction imo.

Hunnieshadow

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Q8, 2019 HD Fat Boy, 2022 JL Rubicon on order
We're back to loving ESS over Etorque now?
2018-2019 ESS = hated.
2020-2021 Etorque better than ESS.
2022 ESS better than Etorque?

Remote start requires 2 liter.JPG

Order guide shows V6 as Etorque.
Etorque.JPG

Automatic forces 2 liter. :(

Remaining calm. :) It's early.

Was building a 2 door Rubicon.
I’m doing the 2 door Rubicon as well. I think it’s a glitch, at least I hope so. I was having the same problem when I added the Cold Weather Package, were it switched from V6 (w auto start) to 2.0. I started all over again and added the V6 engine (w/o auto start) first and then did the packages after and it was fine that way.
I’m hoping once the 2022 orders start to come we will get a better idea. I’m not ordering until the end of Spring so I’ll be on the look out for a 2022 2 door Rubicon with the CWP and V6 and then I’ll feel better!

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
When building my stripper I'm forced to get the larger infotainment screen when I add AC. I'd actually prefer the smaller 5" one, but I guess I'll take it. BUT... my main concern is that the graphic doesn't show any physical knobs for volume?!?! Is this correct? Would be a deal breaker for me :(. I realize they are probably on the steering wheel, but I like the knobs we have in our 4DR Willys.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Wrangler build & price is now on the Jeep website. 1639043399457

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link

The Alpine and 8.4 can be fond on the list of Standard equipment now, that's where I found them referenced.

As for why is Jeep including something that used to be a $2,000 upgrade, the base price of the vehicle has increased $1,000, which partially offsets those items now being standard equipment. Also, I highly suspect the fact you can build a comparable Bronco for nearly $4,000 less also has a lot to do with it. Hurray for market competition!

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99tj 21 2dr willys sport, 22 4dr willys sport XR
Something I totally missed on my 2021 build which might be useful to someone else. My 2dr Willys sport arrived a couple of weeks ago with power heated mirrors, power locks and most surprising power windows. They were appearantly part of the half door option. Now for 2022 since 7 inch screen is standard when air option is added for the same 2350$ for half doors as with any other trim you order you get a regular sport or willys sport for far less money and basically have a sport s or willys. Dealership said I was way ahead of the game as far as down the road resale value.
Sponsored