Sponsored

Smitty1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
As usual, I wouldn’t read too much into the online builder. Use the order guides.
The website also doesn’t have XR available on Willys, which requires the 3.6 eTorque. And we know that’s available in the order guides.

I don’t think it can be stressed enough that the web builder historically is not 100% accurate, and is a marketing tool at best. For all current options, you should always reference a current order guide.
He is right, the same engine doesn’t show up on the Sahara Altitude & will not let you pick an automatic transmission. I have already ordered with that engine & automatic transmission. They need to get the bugs out!

Smitty1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hardbody; Bricknose Fummins
Hello All!

Long time lurker...first time poster. Ordered a JLR w/4.88's on 11/3 and have received VIN confirmation via JC first week of Dec.

Has anyone noticed that the 4.88's aren't being shown as an option on the website? Wondering if there are any rumors/changes that I'm not aware of, or if it's just likely that the site hasn't caught up yet.

Thanks for any insight and looking forward to being a part of this community.

Sponsored

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hello All!

Long time lurker...first time poster. Ordered a JLR w/4.88's on 11/3 and have received VIN confirmation via JC first week of Dec.

Has anyone noticed that the 4.88's aren't being shown as an option on the website? Wondering if there are any rumors/changes that I'm not aware of, or if it's just likely that the site hasn't caught up yet.

Thanks for any insight and looking forward to being a part of this community.
Hi,

Yeah ordered a JLUR with 4.88's as well, saw that it wasn't on the US site, they also listed heavy duty rock sliders, but dealership couldn't find them on their ordering sheets. Look at Jeep.ca as that site ses to jive with the option sheet on the site.

Regards,
Jim

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
How about the 3.6 liter motor for the Willys . Is it the e torque , or did they change it for the 2022 models . Sorry if this has been asked already .

Last edited:
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hardbody; Bricknose Fummins
Hi,

Yeah ordered a JLUR with 4.88's as well, saw that it wasn't on the US site, they also listed heavy duty rock sliders, but dealership couldn't find them on their ordering sheets. Look at Jeep.ca as that site ses to jive with the option sheet on the site.

Regards,
Jim
Never would have thought to look there!

I appreciate it. That puts my mind at ease.

O)()()()()(O

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ditto. Definitely was not available when I ordered on 10/8. Really ticks me off. 🤬
You can order them from a mopar online dealer. The upgrade was $900 + on the build when I ordered my 20 JLUR. I had the “Performance Rails” delivered while awaiting my build. They were $720 including shipping. Swapped the stock rock rails day one and sold them quick for $150.

Well worth saving a few hundred $.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
He is right, the same engine doesn’t show up on the Sahara Altitude & will not let you pick an automatic transmission. I have already ordered with that engine & automatic transmission. They need to get the bugs out!
That’s not even a bug. The programmers just aren’t writing in all the options on the order guides. My guess though is it takes long enough to build these pages that they likely get order guides that change significantly by the time they build the pages.

Easy enough fix, but I would guess that Jeep doesn’t care enough to prioritize resources to keep these to exact current order guides. It probably has minimal ROI from a spreadsheet perspective.

Sponsored

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Can we order by just specifying what we want from the order guide to the dealer? Or do we have to go via the US website now that it's up?

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
The order guide is the governing document on configuring a Jeep. The website is modeled on the order guide.
When I ordered mine, I was expecting a knowledgeable salesman. Instead I got "ok rubicon, that's... wrangler, right?" Then he opens up the builder on the website and starts asking me every option. I took over and built it myself and he sent that to his manager who compares it to the order guide. What a joke, I would have been better off ordering it from the comfort of my office.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Oh and I called the same dealer last week and he told me 2022's have been in production for months, total clowns. I just said ok thanks. It's definitely not worth getting into.

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Can we order by just specifying what we want from the order guide to the dealer? Or do we have to go via the US website now that it's up?
Hi,

That's what I did, took a highlighter to the option sheets and gave it to my salesperson, everything went through no errors, got a VON right away and a vin a few days later, now stuck in D status.

Regards,
Jim

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Hi,

That's what I did, took a highlighter to the option sheets and gave it to my salesperson, everything went through no errors, got a VON right away and a vin a few days later, now stuck in D status.

Regards,
Jim
The order guide is the governing document on configuring a Jeep. The website is modeled on the order guide.
Ah, thanks both of you. That helps. Do they have software though that will check to make sure the options you choose satisfy those "must-have" constraints? Will they tell you right away if the configuration you've chosen doesn't meet the order guide's conditions?
Sponsored