Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am not sure. I don't think that it necessarily means production has started. I don't see any 2022 Wranglers in the queue on cryptostickers.
Someone I know at Jeep told me they ran a few but the calendar shows 12/13/2021 as the new start date for 2022s.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Is the Alpine speaker upgrade included with that 8.4? Didn't seem to see any mention of that on the '22s.
It's in the 2022 Nov order guide.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I asked this earlier, along with another comment, but nobody responded to this:
We're back to loving ESS over Etorque now?
2018-2019 ESS = hated.
2020-2021 Etorque better than ESS.
2022 ESS better than Etorque?

From reading over the last many months, the consensus seems to be ESS was poorly implemented and etorque was an improvement.
I had a JKU V6, with no ESS, it was built on the KISS principle (KEEP IT SMIPLE STUPID) so that set the standard!
My 2015 JKU was hit and totaled in 2019, so in January 2020 I bought a new leftover, V6 JLU, now with ESS.
Went to add an Amp to my 7 inch radio, disconnected the main ground (watched a well know company, you tube video and they got it wrong) there was still power, no KISS their!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...play-amp-upgrade-to-basic-system.51309/page-8
Now in 2021 the only way you can get the V6 auto(3,000 more), is with etorque, added weight, etc, and a lot of no KISS.
So now we have ESS v6 auto back with a lot less complication then etorque!

Last edited:

Sponsored

kimmiet17

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep high altitude
I checked with a friend whose daughter is on the line at the plant and she said that they were buildng them I spoke to him on 12/6.
Today I called customer service and they told me that yes they are definetely in production. My Sahara is currently in D status I ordered on 11/26 and got my VIN on 11/29.
This would be awesome. I am hopeful! I spoke with Jeep chat 12/08 and they told me that they haven’t started production just yet but should be very soon. The information is all over the place. I am choosing to believe whoever tells me I’m getting it quicker for my own sanity. 😂

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Stellantis already released production start date so there is no reason to mention or believe anything else otherwise. Nothing is actually getting made until 12/16.
The press release was just a cover man. I met a guy at Starbucks whose third cousin’s high-school gym teacher’s second ex-wife’s hairdresser’s brother knows a guy who delivers Jimmy Johns to the plant & said they already started production.

HeygirlHey

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snazzberry Sahara Altitude (on order)
I would take whatever they show for a headliner with a giant grain of salt

1639090032950.png
I'm more perplexed with the black patch on these seats. Wonder if that's just a messed up rendering spot where the Sahara logo is supposed to show - or if they are really saddle with a funny black patch!

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
I'm more perplexed with the black patch on these seats. Wonder if that's just a messed up rendering spot where the Sahara logo is supposed to show - or if they are really saddle with a funny black patch!
I believe if you order an optional seat cover, the Sahara isn't included. It happened to me on my 2017. I learned to order the factory interior. What I mean is, if your build shows leather, don't opt for any optional leather choice. If you do, it goes to a vendor to make your seats, etc and also may change other interior parts because I think they send as cloth option to vendor. Anyway, it's confusing but my advice is stick with factory options. I may not make any sense so message me if you want to chat and I'll try to clear it up.

Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Considering the sahara seats on other trims (4xe) shows up as expected, I'd be willing to bet it's a rendering issue. There are lots of rendering problems in the builder right now.

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
I find it funny that Stellantis releases an article with suspect info (30K Tuscadero Wranglers ordered in less than 4 months) but begins the article with a quick one liner about when MY22 production is starting out of nowhere, which causes people to get butt hurt when someone suggests something different. "This article is mostly questionable so I'll blindly believe that tiny blurb as gospel". I personally don't care. My Wrangler will get here when it gets here if production started on the 9th or the 16th.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara
Just noticed that in the configurator, the Sahara cloth seats now say Sahara on them. It was super lame that they took that away in prior years. I really prefer cloth, and making the embroidery extra $$$ on top of leather was ridiculous.

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Is earl grey not coming?
Who knows. It could magically appear one day or not at all. It‘s the magical whimsy of the Jeep color palette.

Based on some things posted on Gladiator forums and an article here, I am inclined to think the Gladiator will get Earl Gray this year and the Wrangler will get Gobi and High Velocity (yellow?).
Sponsored