2022 Rumor confirmations?

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse; Honda CRV; purchasing Wrangler
Hi all. Have seen on some other threads a rumor of 2022 productions starting earlier then the December timeline. Looking to see if any dealers who lurk on this thread can shed any light and confirm rumors?

I personally would love if this is the case as I’m waiting on a 2022 4xe and the wait is killing me 😀.
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Not to be a party downer but the first they told me was 12/6 then it was 12/12 for start up, but I don't think anyone knows but the guys at the factories planning the assembly. There are still many outstanding orders from summer also.

OP
OP

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to be a party downer but the first they told me was 12/6 then it was 12/12 for start up, but I don't think anyone knows but the guys at the factories planning the assembly. There are still many outstanding orders from summer also.
Even info like this is helpful to set expectations even if it is disappointing…

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
With my VON and VIN received after placing my Order last month, I plan to wait it out until the start of December (as this is the case for the up and coming 2022 Builds), and then start following up (unless otherwise something changes). The Shortage really isn't helping out with the huge remainder of 2021 Builds that are stuck in the Queue right now.

Deleted member 59498

Even info like this is helpful to set expectations even if it is disappointing…

Yep I agree and was disappointed when I was told by Jeep dealer. But I don't know they may not know either. But the best I have at the moment.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to kick you while you're down, but they also close the plant for a while at Christmas. Looks like it may be 12/24 through 12/31 according to the UAW Holiday Schedule.
Lol figured plant would close during holidays. Just hoping it didn’t affect the start of production (ie. switching over to 2022 production line after holiday).

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
Planning on ordering a 2022 from my dealer, but will wait till hopefully the production and the unknowns are somewhat back to normal, if it ever happens. This is probably and age thing, but when I was younger I would be as eager to get mine as many of you are today. Plus color choice is a big thing for me, so I maybe just waiting for the newer colors to be added later on in the year.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Planning on ordering a 2022 from my dealer, but will wait till hopefully the production and the unknowns are somewhat back to normal, if it ever happens. This is probably and age thing, but when I was younger I would be as eager to get mine as many of you are today. Plus color choice is a big thing for me, so I maybe just waiting for the newer colors to be added later on in the year.
There are reports that shortages might go well into 2022.

OP
OP

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are reports that shortages might go well into 2022.
Shortages for sure have been a thing, but I have seen individuals on these forums that ordered in September just before 2022 opened up that are either getting delivery or prepping for such. Also see a bunch they are waiting 15+ weeks so hard to gauge. Either way I’m “hoping” that when 2022 production starts we aren’t going to see huge delivery delays past what we are already seeing.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Shortages for sure have been a thing, but I have seen individuals on these forums that ordered in September just before 2022 opened up that are either getting delivery or prepping for such. Also see a bunch they are waiting 15+ weeks so hard to gauge. Either way I’m “hoping” that when 2022 production starts we aren’t going to see huge delivery delays past what we are already seeing.
Delivery times can vary for sure. A lot has to do with options and what part of the country the Wrangler has to be delivered to.

Mattb2179

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I am just hoping that Silver is coming back as a color. It was rumored to come back, but so far there is nothing else to support that rumor. That is all I am waiting on to put down my deposit.

OP
OP

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I heard 2 door v6 will not get built period....seriously
Just curious, would I be unacceptable to get a 2022 instead and be first in line? No idea if they would do something like that but sounds possible.