Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Actually sounds more like something you'd see in CT
LOL no kidding. Here's California's and Connecticut's applicable laws (and every other state).

§14-137-25 (b) Height adjustment limitations. No additional devices shall be installed or equipment substitutions made at any location on any motor vehicle when such installation or addition either: (1) Raises the sprung portion of the vehicle in excess of four (4) inches above the vehicle’s unladen height as established by the vehicle manufacturer
So nothing more than a 2.5" lift on a Sport is legal in Connecticut. California has no suspension limitation, other than maximum vehicle height.

§14-137-25 (a) Vehicle suspension configuration. Each motor vehicle shall be equipped with a suspension system consisting of the basic elements originally provided by the vehicle manufacturer and geometrically arranged in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications
No track bar relocation, lower control arm drop brackets, high steer kits... not even sure if adjustable lower control arms would technically pass this wording in Connecticut either. Again, nothing like this in California.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Gear ratio on my 18 Rubicon? 4:10 and my JK was 3:73

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I don’t expect it is likely to be pulled over because of exposed tires but if I get pulled over for a moving violation then I don’t want to be fined for the tires in top of the moving violation. Plus it’s a courtesy to other drivers - windshields on all my vehicles are chipped due to rocks kicked up by trucks.
You miss the point. My last ticket was for no helmet. I asked nicely if I could just put it on since it was in my trunk.
The LEO explained I "wanted" the $25 helmet ticket instead of the speeding ticket I deserved.

wizardfitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
since this is a Mopar lift, does it come with the needed parts to make it complete?

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Getting a factory option of 35's, 2.5" lift, bead locks and upgraded tire carrier that can be loaded into your financing may be attractive to many.
Agreed, would be nice to start with the 35"s and lift right from the factory and roll it up in the finance. Could spend the initial mod money on other things than the usual tires and suspension combo and then worry about a spec'd out lift/tire/wheel combo after the factory KO2's have worn out. All this really depends on what the cost on this option would be from the factory though. Based on what the current wheel, tire, and hinge gate options are running on 2021 Rubi's, I hope this doesn't go north of $3k

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase