First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
For those who are interested in the KO2`s I have a Raptor with the 315/70/17 FORD C range and have had a Rubicon with the 35x12.50x17 E rated
I had to run the Erange tires at a lower tire pressure to get the ride right
I just purchased a 392 Rubicon and it is getting the KO2`s 315/70/17`s for the time being

I spoke to BFG because the 317/17/17 C range is discontinued from their site and found out that they are making the:
315/70/17 C range PN 07361 for the Raptor

315/70/17 C range PN 08884 for the Jeep

The person that I spoke to could not give me the details between the two other than some verbiage being removed from one tire
Release dates were June and August

Here is a picture courtesy of ACE ENGINEERING of a non lifted 392 Rubicon with factory wheels and 37x13.50x17 D range Nitto Ridge Grapplers featuring ACE ENGINEERING JL Rock Sliders.
I was told that it drove like a dream, Straight and performance was still there and with the stock 285/70/17`s the Jeep could get you in trouble real quick with too much go pedal.
These guys know Jeeps and they are great to talk to. AJ and Nick are the go to guys

I had these on my last 18 JL Rubicon and they were great, saved the side of the Jeep from door hits in the trails and parking lots plus they are rock solid as a step
https://aceengineeringandfab.com/

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Rubicons will come with optional 35s, beadlocks, upgraded tire carrier 392-A
Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
With a 35" tire option, will the standard 4:10 gear ratio remain the same ?
Not sure about that yet, trying to find out about that and if the 392 Rubicon will still have 3:73`s in it
I have had both gear ratios with 315/70/17`s but one in a JK 5 sped auto and the other a JL and the 8 speed auto trans made such a difference. Same 3.6 non eTorque engine

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
for a vehicle that has to be legal in all states, yes the factory could be hamstrung from shipping out this configuration. In California you can compensate for the fender limit by having wide mud flaps. I bought the RokBlokx mudflats because they are wide enough to cover 12.5” tires and removable without tools.
Hmmm.... Same area as you. I've never been hassled by the law because my tires are wider than my flares, and I don't run mud flaps. Side note, several years ago I heard a retired CHP cop on the radio bitching about rooster tails due to wide tires. Thank god he is retired. :) I wouldn't be surprised if some counties or random cops with something up their arse would hassle you, but I've been running wide tires on my vehicles in California since 1985, and never once been stopped or hassled about it.

I do understand the tires need to be covered per the letter of the law, and certainly there are areas of the country that will smack-you-down if your tires stick out. I'm only speaking for my area of California.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Hmmm.... Same area as you. I've never been hassled by the law because my tires are wider than my flares, and I don't run mud flaps. Side note, several years ago I heard a retired CHP cop on the radio bitching about rooster tails due to wide tires. Thank god he is retired. :) I wouldn't be surprised if some counties or random cops with something up their arse would hassle you, but I've been running wide tires on my vehicles in California since 1985, and never once been stopped or hassled about it.

I do understand the tires need to be covered per the letter of the law, and certainly there are areas of the country that will smack-you-down if your tires stick out. I'm only speaking for my area of California.
I don’t expect it is likely to be pulled over because of exposed tires but if I get pulled over for a moving violation then I don’t want to be fined for the tires in top of the moving violation. Plus it’s a courtesy to other drivers - windshields on all my vehicles are chipped due to rocks kicked up by trucks.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I don’t expect it is likely to be pulled over because of exposed tires but if I get pulled over for a moving violation then I don’t want to be fined for the tires in top of the moving violation. Plus it’s a courtesy to other drivers - windshields on all my vehicles are chipped due to rocks kicked up by trucks.
I've had a few tickets in my time, luckily, not very many over the (many) years. :bandit:. Never had a cop add on for tires oversize or any other issue. He/She usually berates me for my speed, then hands me the paperwork :)

Not trying to pick a fight. :)

Sorry for the thread hijack, back to our original topic...
2022 Rubicons will come with optional 35s, beadlocks, upgraded tire carrier

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mark D

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
👆x2. As I was putting the LOD Armor-Lite step sliders on the new 4Xe this weekend, I thought that this is just stupid. 2nd JL Rubi in a row that i am going to end up recycling brand-new OEM sliders because the kids/wife need a step. Jeep could easily offer a similar product, charge for it as an option (because $ rules), and probably have almost no added production cost by deleting the standard slider.
Surprised the aftermarket is not making steps that can be bolted to factory sliders. I just took my factory side step off and installed aftermarket steps so my wife can get in.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
Getting a factory option of 35's, 2.5" lift, bead locks and upgraded tire carrier that can be loaded into your financing may be attractive to many. I thank Ford for the competition and forcing Jeep's hand. I for one, still want to spec out my own gear and price shop and undercut the OEM and/or dealer markup. I can also find zero percent financing for after market parts all day long or just pay as I do my upgrades rather than stretch it out over 5 years.

I agree, Jeep should make suspension, tire and gearing options available across all models, not just the Rubi, 392 or 4xe. While they're at it, why not offer CAI, muffler delete, Magnaflow exhaust, and snorkel.

Or even better, a true factory overland option complete with exoskeleton, rooftop tent, and batwing awning.

BTW, Stellantis is the new parent company and they are based in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and it's a merger between the Peugeot Group and Fiat Chrysler. So if you want to mimic an accent, then it should be Dutch since that it where the corporate headquarters are (but Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram are still in 'Merica...)