sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
SOBs should have been doing this from the beginning of JL production!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I want this to be true, I am not buying it. this has been reported almost every JL new model year from what I remember. the fact that the 392 has a mopar lift, and is still on 33s with the beadlocks leads me to believe its just a guess by someone and not really happening. imagine how frustrated all the 392 buyers who paid 75k plus for a JL to have a base Rubicon come with the option of 35s? I do 100% believe this will come eventually, but I am thinking it will be part of the new customization shop but offered as part of the order and build process.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
A wider fender corrects this dilemma.
Yeah but hopefully they can be made more easily removable or something. As I prefer that stances look but you know regulations

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct regulations don’t allow it, that’s probably a reason why they never had it as an option, that’s why the optional 35 on the bronco has wider flares, curious how Jeep will do this considering the flares aren’t as easily removable compared to the Bronco.
I can only imagine if they come with wider flares, as if the front flares aren't already wide enough.

eta. And Goodyear makes an MT/R 35" in load range C, too. They could go back to that tire on the Rubicon package.

Sponsored

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
As much as I want this to be true, I am not buying it. this has been reported almost every JL new model year from what I remember. the fact that the 392 has a mopar lift, and is still on 33s with the beadlocks leads me to believe its just a guess by someone and not really happening. imagine how frustrated all the 392 buyers who paid 75k plus for a JL to have a base Rubicon come with the option of 35s? I do 100% believe this will come eventually, but I am thinking it will be part of the new customization shop but offered as part of the order and build process.
35's would have affected the so important 0-60 time. We all know this is the selling point.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You are correct regulations don’t allow it, that’s probably a reason why they never had it as an option, that’s why the optional 35 on the bronco has wider flares, curious how Jeep will do this considering the flares aren’t as easily removable compared to the Bronco.
Jeep already has 5 different flares for the Wrangler. Doing wide flares for the bead locks wouldnt be a problem.

Neos281

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Tech
Just throwing this out there; the backspacing on these Mopar “headlocks” pushes the tire beyond the fenders (by about 2” on the Rubicon models). Not sure regulations would give this the “ok” for production. Maybe the work around is it being offered as a dealer installed option?
Good point. Maybe they will offer a slightly wider flare to accommodate the larger tire. Similar to the Bronco Sasquatch flares.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Thank you Ford for the Bronco! Competition is great for the end consumer. Maybe the Wrangler will get a locking gas cap or hood locks now? Lol!
Locking gas cap is standard on Wranglers delivered in Australia. On the downside our Rubicons only come with non Rubicon guards, standard width axles and 255/75R17 tyres. I could go without the locking cap if we got the real Rubicon spec here.

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
for a vehicle that has to be legal in all states, yes the factory could be hamstrung from shipping out this configuration. In California you can compensate for the fender limit by having wide mud flaps. I bought the RokBlokx mudflats because they are wide enough to cover 12.5” tires and removable without tools.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
All these car companies do is copy each other. In this case I think it would be a popular option.

https://moparinsiders.com/caught-2022-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-with-bigger-tire-offering/

2022-Jeep-Wrangler-Big-Tire-1.jpg

For 2022, the Jeep brand will offer a new 35-inch tire option for the Wrangler. The addition of a 35-inch tire on the Trail-Rated Rubicon model should be a happy surprise to many. Our keen-eyed spy photographers were able to catch the new 35-inch tire and wheel combination, on one particular tester out on public roads around the Metro Detroit area. The tire appears to be a BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2, just like the standard Rubicon 33-inch offering.

It appears that this tester is also wearing a set of Mopar 17-inch Beadlock capable wheels as well. Mimicking Ford’s Sasquatch package as it also comes with a similar Beadlock wheel. So we wouldn’t be too surprised if the Jeep offering includes the Mopar wheels in the new package. The new Rubicon 392 comes with its own unique Beadlock wheels, but these Mopar units might be a more affordable alternative.

Looking at the back of the Wrangler, we can also see an upgraded tire carrier hinge to help support the weight of the larger spare tire.

2022-Jeep-Wrangler-Big-Tire-2.jpg
Looks like tailgate reinforcement is there but the hinges might be the same as current offering.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For me , I really don’t care about the tires/ rims, as I enjoy modifying my rig as much as I enjoy using it....... I would however, like to see them come with the tazer mini from the factory. Joe and FCA need to work out a deal....😁

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Yes, most likely it will be part of an optional package.

BTW, I am 6’0” tall and I need to use the grab handle and the side steps to climb into my Sahara with 2-inch lift and 35-inch tires.

A Rubicon with 2-inch lift, 35-inch tires and rock rails is going to be a bitch to get into for 90% of the buying public. Jeep is going to have to address that somehow. Perhaps include the optional rock rails with built-in side steps in the package.
interesting: I'm 5'11" (used to was 6', but got old) and with a 2.5" lift & 35's, I am able to step right into my rubi with no issues: perhaps you just have height-disadvantaged legs?

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
35’s from the factory would be more than amazing and way overdue!

However, I’m also very doubtful about those wheels because no jeep will leave the factory with the tires sticking out of the fenders, even by a fraction of an inch.
I am guessing wider fender flairs would be part of the 35 tire package, just as they are on the Sasquatch
Sponsored