Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
You guys honestly believe that Stellantis will actually design new fenders for the JL? Let alone before the mid cycle refresh?

I applaud your optimism in this company but I try to be a bit more realistic haha
They won't without incentive. Not allowing Ford to say the Bronco has bigger tires is very good incentive. Thanks, Ford!
Sponsored

pat12bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, most likely it will be part of an optional package.

BTW, I am 6’0” tall and I need to use the grab handle and the side steps to climb into my Sahara with 2-inch lift and 35-inch tires.

A Rubicon with 2-inch lift, 35-inch tires and rock rails is going to be a bitch to get into for 90% of the buying public. Jeep is going to have to address that somehow. Perhaps include the optional rock rails with built-in side steps in the package.
👆x2. As I was putting the LOD Armor-Lite step sliders on the new 4Xe this weekend, I thought that this is just stupid. 2nd JL Rubi in a row that i am going to end up recycling brand-new OEM sliders because the kids/wife need a step. Jeep could easily offer a similar product, charge for it as an option (because $ rules), and probably have almost no added production cost by deleting the standard slider.

sfurash53

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
It appears that Jeep is trying to capture some of the economics from the aftermarket mod industry. I would not be surprised to see leaked photos of a Sahara tester with 20-in spinners soon.
What do you have against spinners, paired with the angry eyes grill that would look 😎

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
👆x2. As I was putting the LOD Armor-Lite step sliders on the new 4Xe this weekend, I thought that this is just stupid. 2nd JL Rubi in a row that i am going to end up recycling brand-new OEM sliders because the kids/wife need a step. Jeep could easily offer a similar product, charge for it as an option (because $ rules), and probably have almost no added production cost by deleting the standard slider.
You're doing that because the OEM sliders are pathetic. Who designs sliders that don't extend beyond the body? Can't use it as a step and it doesn't fend off shopping carts no less actual rocks. It's just there to say they have them, not much more.

Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
You're doing that because the OEM sliders are pathetic. Who designs sliders that don't extend beyond the body? Can't use it as a step and it doesn't fend off shopping carts no less actual rocks. It's just there to say they have them, not much more.
The Mopar Performance ones are alright. I like mine, but I wouldn't pay $900+ for them. Thank you random takeoff guy.

The sliders on the Bronco I saw weren't thick enough to use as a step either. Not really the purpose of a slider, is it? If you want a step you buy a step.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'd guess a $5-6K package that includes 35s, upgraded tire carrier, and maybe the 2" Mopar lift.
They’ll have to be competitive with the Sasquatch pkg. That is only $2500.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Mopar Performance ones are alright. I like mine, but I wouldn't pay $900+ for them. Thank you random takeoff guy.

The sliders on the Bronco I saw weren't thick enough to use as a step either. Not really the purpose of a slider, is it? If you want a step you buy a step.
I'm going to be replacing mine because when you need them you're going to be off camber. The OEM sliders do barely anything to fend off leaning or slipping sideways into a rock. They're "perfect world" sliders at best. The step is a bonus feature that will just happen once they're wide enough to adequately fend off rocks.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
They’ll have to be competitive with the Sasquatch pkg. That is only $2500.
Sasquatch costs more the lower down the chain you go. Base is something like $5000 because it adds AWD to the selectable 4WD, front/rear lockers, 4.7 diff, lift, beadlock capable wheels and the tires. Plus auto trans at least this year.
On a Badlands it’s maybe $2500 because it’s got everything but the lift and wheels/tires.
All those prices are off the top of my head.
Oh, and you get wider plastic fenders to cover the tires. Can’t sell a vehicle with poke from the factory.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Hope it comes with at least 4.56 gears or better yet, the option to choose 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, or 5.38 gearing.