2022 production

Dolly

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Does anyone know when 2022 production starts? I am seeing a lot of posts where builds are being changed from 2021 to 2022. I ordered a 2022 Tuscadero Sahara and very excited. Thanks!
Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
December 6th, 2021

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Does anyone know when 2022 production starts? I am seeing a lot of posts where builds are being changed from 2021 to 2022. I ordered a 2022 Tuscadero Sahara and very excited. Thanks!
where are you seeing these posts? I’ve seen a lot of people wondering if it would happen, but haven’t seen anyone say that’s what happened to them.

OP
OP
Dolly

Dolly

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
where are you seeing these posts? I’ve seen a lot of people wondering if it would happen, but haven’t seen anyone say that’s what happened to them.
I saw it here on this forum. This is why I asked the question. I have read so many posts I'll probably never find it again. It referenced a 392. Let me look.

Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I saw it here on this forum. This is why I asked the question. I have read so many posts I'll probably never find it again. It referenced a 392. Let me look.
right after I asked, I found someone who had this happen to a Sahara 4xe he/she ordered in August. Seemed like a dealer intimidated change though.

I ordered my 21 JLURXR on Oct 2nd, and am already confirmed that all parts are in factory, ready to build. I really think anyone who got a VIN on a 21 can have a 21 if they desire.

I want a 21, I want a first-edition XR package equipped jeep so I’m sticking with my order as is.

OP
OP
Dolly

Dolly

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
right after I asked, I found someone who had this happen to a Sahara 4xe he/she ordered in August. Seemed like a dealer intimidated change though.

I ordered my 21 JLURXR on Oct 2nd, and am already confirmed that all parts are in factory, ready to build. I really think anyone who got a VIN on a 21 can have a 21 if they desire.

I want a 21, I want a first-edition XR package equipped jeep so I’m sticking with my order as is.
I've seen numerous posts on FB about "can't order Tuscadero color any longer'", "no longer can order a Sport", "production start dates on 2022".......I don't know what to believe.

I would stick with a '21 if I were you.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I've seen numerous posts on FB about "can't order Tuscadero color any longer'", "no longer can order a Sport", "production start dates on 2022".......I don't know what to believe.

I would stick with a '21 if I were you.
oh yeah, you definitely can’t order a '21 anymore, but if you managed to get an order in before they switched over to 2022 like 2-3 weeks ago, I think you’ll get a '21. And they weren’t accepting orders for some '22 models at first, not sure where they’re at now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 59498

When I got my VIN for my 22 Jeep Chat said "Expected to start 12/6" but that is not like a hard start but that is their planned start. With the very minimal changes from 21 - 22 I doubt they are doing much retooling.

I know you can order sport because I ordered Sport with Willys package and they had all the other sport options.

Sponsored

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
It happened to me.

I placed my deposit on 9/20 approximately. Order went in for 2021 on 10/4. On about 10/14, I got a call from my dealer that my model changed from a 2021 to a 2022 with a price increase of $300 (4xe Rubicon tons of options). I have my VIN but do not yet have a build date or delivery estimate from Jeep Cares.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
It happened to me.

I placed my deposit on 9/20 approximately. Order went in for 2021 on 10/4. On about 10/14, I got a call from my dealer that my model changed from a 2021 to a 2022 with a price increase of $300 (4xe Rubicon tons of options). I have my VIN but do not yet have a build date or delivery estimate from Jeep Cares.
and when did they switch over the ordering to 2022? It might have been 10/4? Maybe your VIN was never assigned as a 2021?

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
The VIN is the order they make them?
No, there are many factors that influence the actual order scheduling and then eventually the actual production line assembly.

C
Sponsored