Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I ordered my Jeep on Nov 27, 2021, and it was built on January 19th. My window sticker reflects the recent price increase, but Gupton CDJR price locked my order to November 27th. According to my build spreadsheet MSRP on Nov 27th was $61,105 for a new markup of $3,200. $FWP was $57,563. My locked in price was 5% to 6% under invoice depending on how I financed it. Now that the active and retired military discounts are once again being applied I am at around 7% under invoice. With the price increase it is like getting approximately $10,700 off MSRP. Of course that isn't true since I was price protected, but it does feel like it. Don't you just love unnecessary, but totally engineered inflation! Keep printing that money!

For those that do not know once your Jeep is built you can view your window sticker at https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin= (just put your VIN in after the = ). It usually takes a day or two after the build for it to show, and a few hours after cryptostickers.net emails you saying it is ready.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Price Increase Window Sticker RedactedWindowStickerPNG
Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I ordered my Jeep on Nov 27, 2021, and it was built on January 19th. My window sticker reflects the recent price increase, but Gupton CDJR price locked my order to November 27th. According to my build spreadsheet MSRP on Nov 27th was $61,105 for a new markup of $3,200. $FWP was $57,563. My locked in price was 5% to 6% under invoice depending on how I financed it. Now that the active and retired military discounts are once again being applied I am at around 7% under invoice. With the price increase it is like getting approximately $10,700 off MSRP. Of course that isn't true since I was price protected, but it does feel like it. Don't you just love unnecessary, but totally engineered inflation! Keep printing that money!

For those that do not know once your Jeep is built you can view your window sticker at https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin= (just put your VIN in after the = ). It usually takes a day or two after the build for it to show, and a few hours after cryptostickers.net emails you saying it is ready.
Congrats on the build. Yours is almost exactly $20,000 more than my build. You will enjoy.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Congrats on the build. Yours is almost exactly $20,000 more than my build. You will enjoy.
Thank you, LuvYella. I was contemplating trading this thing in as soon a Skittle color came out that I liked. Something like a Gecko or Orangeish color, but a Gobi would have triggered me too. I do like the Zynith Silver a lot though.

Once I did the math this morning I was pretty shocked at the real amount of the increase. That $3200 increase goes a long way towards a lift and bigger tires, or bumpers, etc. So trading it is now not going to happen unless the Jeep gods just make the used market go even more crazy.

I haven't had a new vehicle in over 10 years so I splurged.

Last edited:

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon

Did you get the price protection and military rebate?
I was under the impression since military rebate was not available on 2022s back in November, the dealer would only be able to 1) either price protect and use the rebates available at the time of order or 2) not price protect it and use the rebates available on the day of sale.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Did you get the price protection and military rebate?
I was under the impression since military rebate was not available on 2022s back in November, the dealer would only be able to 1) either price protect and use the rebates available at the time of order or 2) not price protect it and use the rebates available on the day of sale.
Daniel Gupton at Gupton CDJR told me, via email, when I ordered that any rebates offered at the time I sign for the vehicle will be honored even though I am price protected.

This was confirmed the other day when I inquired about the Tread Lightly program coming back. (I missed out on that because you have to be a member of Tread Lightly for 30 days prior to getting the 1% off for membership. I will miss that window by 2 weeks at this point.) Renee told me to bring in a copy of my DD214 or my retired LES to get the military discount.

So yes, I am price protected, and Gupton is honoring the military discount as well.

Sponsored

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Daniel Gupton at Gupton CDJR told me, via email, when I ordered that any rebates offered at the time I sign for the vehicle will be honored even though I am price protected.

This was confirmed the other day when I inquired about the Tread Lightly program coming back. (I missed out on that because you have to be a member of Tread Lightly for 30 days prior to getting the 1% off for membership. I will miss that window by 2 weeks at this point.) Renee told me to bring in a copy of my DD214 or my retired LES to get the military discount.

So yes, I am price protected, and Gupton is honoring the military discount as well.
Awesome.

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
Winner Winner chicken dinner! My window sticker printed a few days before the price increase. I still have the same feels as you - it feels like I'm saving 12% over today's MSRP for the same product. But your timing as about as close as it gets. You are the winner! I even had the same thoughts about you on trading it in if they came out with orange. That will be much harder now. Enjoy your new Jeep!

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Congrats on the new ride! Glad they were good to you about the price. Any pics?

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Winner Winner chicken dinner! My window sticker printed a few days before the price increase. I still have the same feels as you - it feels like I'm saving 12% over today's MSRP for the same product. But your timing as about as close as it gets. You are the winner! I even had the same thoughts about you on trading it in if they came out with orange. That will be much harder now. Enjoy your new Jeep!
I love my chicken dinners, and thank you!

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Congrats on the new ride! Glad they were good to you about the price. Any pics?
No pictures yet except for a screen shot of what it will look like from the online builder. I did get the Dark Saddle leather seats though. Once Gupton gets the vehicle on their lot I have two weeks to pick it up. I will definitely be posting pictures then.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Price Increase Window Sticker Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 11.09.09 AM

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
No pictures yet except for a screen shot of what it will look like from the online builder. I did get the Dark Saddle leather seats though. Once Gupton gets the vehicle on their lot I have two weeks to pick it up. I will definitely be posting pictures then.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Price Increase Window Sticker Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 11.09.09 AM
I'm not a big fan of silver except for Mazda's Liquid Silver but SZ looks pretty damn good in pics.
Sponsored