2022 JLURD - 2000 Mile Diesel Fuel Mileage/DEF Report

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
We got her a 21 JLURD last March on a whim. The GM of the dealership ordered it and did not buy it. I brought it home to her (I do finance there) and asked her if she wanted to order her new Hydro Blue with this interior (Katzin stitched). She decided that she liked the Granite and said she'd take that one. We liked it so much that I ordered another JLURD in Hydro Blue. She was getting low 20's for MPG til her commute dropped to 8 miles one way. Mine got delivered 2/8 and I picked it up on 2/10. Getting 22 so far. Going into the shop today for a Mopar lift, Mopar wheels and 37" KO2's. Also have steps, a bumper and a winch in the living room waiting for spring, or at least a warmer day. Already lifted the seats with seat jackers, replaced the speakers and have a wired radio to swap in.
Sponsored

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
What I have noticed is that if you are idling a lot the MPG goes down fast. Like unrealistically fast. I don't think it is spot on on my vehicle either as the paper math gives me a higher number too. My daily trips have very few stop lights, etc. 26mpg is doing pretty good. Congrats!
I'm in the Westlake area, have a little over 5K miles on my 2021 now. 3.5" lift with 37's, didn't regear, and I can consistently average 26mpg at 65 up and down Mopac. Between my place and the Lakeway Marina I'm seeing 23-24mpg.

I don't know how much DEF the dealer put in, but I was down to 1/4 tank at 2K miles, put one jug of DEF in and just hit 1/4 tank again at 5K miles.

Cheapest diesel I've seen locally is at the Shell station over by the Y in Oak Hill, here's what it was when I filled up Saturday night:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLURD - 2000 Mile Diesel Fuel Mileage/DEF Report 1644955525381

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
What I have noticed is that if you are idling a lot the MPG goes down fast. Like unrealistically fast. I don't think it is spot on on my vehicle either as the paper math gives me a higher number too. My daily trips have very few stop lights, etc. 26mpg is doing pretty good. Congrats!
You can check the DEF level in the same menu where you see oil temp, oil pressure, trans temp, tire pressure. Just scroll horizontally on that menu.