Sponsored

2022 JLU Rubicon Rear Tow Hook (only 1) ?

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone
Can someone explain why there are 2 tow hooks on front bumper and only 1 tow hook on rear? I'm new to Jeep World, maybe there is a good explanation
Factory bumpers with Trailer Tow Package on a 2022 Jeep Rubicon
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this is Jeeps reasoning, but...

Over the years, I've flat towed a number of vehicles on road. Whenever possible I'd tie off on the driver's side of the tow vehicle. Middle is the 2nd choice, but I'd do whatever possible to avoid the passenger side. On the towed vehicle, passenger is better the driver. My reasoning is that right turns are sharper than longer sweeping lefts, so tying off to the drivers rear of the towed vehicle makes it harder for the towed vehicle to roll over the strap as it rounds the turn.

If we drove on the left side of the road, everything above would be reversed.

lifeguard17cp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Not sure if this is Jeeps reasoning, but...

Over the years, I've flat towed a number of vehicles on road. Whenever possible I'd tie off on the driver's side of the tow vehicle. Middle is the 2nd choice, but I'd do whatever possible to avoid the passenger side. On the towed vehicle, passenger is better the driver. My reasoning is that right turns are sharper than longer sweeping lefts, so tying off to the drivers rear of the towed vehicle makes it harder for the towed vehicle to roll over the strap as it rounds the turn.

If we drove on the left side of the road, everything above would be reversed.
This is the most reasonable and rational reason I have heard yet...... Thank you

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Well… the tow hooks actually press the bumper to the frame… so kinda needed on both ends. The rear hook is only a hook and doesn’t serve any other purpose (except to maybe keep rocks out of the license plate).

Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Here’s what I decided to do about that.

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
You only need one on the back unless you run into the oddball chance that you need to pull out two Broncos at the same time.
Reason for two on the front, if you bog down, it would take two Broncos to pull you out.

There...
Sponsored