2022 JLU 4xe Sahara with SOT shelf

JNJ

First Name
Jodi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Anyone try to add some storage by adding a shelf when having the 4xe battery and the SOT roof?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JNJ

JNJ

First Name
Jodi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Thanks BXFXJeep! Can you take the shelf out if you need the height or is it an uninstall process?

Quiksilver1989

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Sahara 4xe
I have the same one as BXFX. Works great for hiding cargo underneath and organized stacking of everyday cargo (kids' bookbags, groceries, etc.). As for removal, I think it's like 4-6 bolts and should take less than 5 minutes to remove with a dewalt driver.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I only hand tighten mine for a quick removal if required.

Someone elsewhere suggested using butterfly nuts, to quickly remove, the rack, the mounting brackets remain, but those do not obstruct.

I bought some cheap led lights($15) and stuck them on the underside of the rack, around the border, just in case I need some light, it uses the cigarette lighter.

Jillybean1

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4XE
Both are great
I only hand tighten mine for a quick removal if required.

Someone elsewhere suggested using butterfly nuts, to quickly remove, the rack, the mounting brackets remain, but those do not obstruct.

I bought some cheap led lights($15) and stuck them on the underside of the rack, around the border, just in case I need some light, it uses the cigarette lighter.
Both are great recommendations! Butterfly nuts and LED lights make having this shelf more usable.
Sponsored