2022 JLU 392 Production Timefram

WhiteStallion12

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
Just ordered a 2022 392 at the beginning of January with the Extreme Recon pkg. it’s my first factory order one and not sure of the process. Received the Vin earlier this week but can’t get any real info other then D Status. Does anyone know roughly how long it could be before I will see it at the dealership. I heard different things such as the shell is already to go and once they have a buyer the getting it going pretty quickly. Any info would be great either personal experience or just knowledge.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Just ordered a 2022 392 at the beginning of January with the Extreme Recon pkg. it’s my first factory order one and not sure of the process. Received the Vin earlier this week but can’t get any real info other then D Status. Does anyone know roughly how long it could be before I will see it at the dealership. I heard different things such as the shell is already to go and once they have a buyer the getting it going pretty quickly. Any info would be great either personal experience or just knowledge.
I waited 7 months for my 392XR. It’s a crap shoot if their waiting on parts it can be a while. You have a vin so that’s a good thing. Once they receive all your parts they schedule your wrangler to be built D1. Then it will start in body shop then go to paint then trim/chassis. It will roll down final line and get ready to go to JB. Mine sat in JB for 2 months others were in and out in a few days. Once it clears JB it goes to the shipping stage. For reference mine shipped 12/28 and arrived in PA at the dealer 1/07 results may vary. I’d say 3-6 months is a good starting point to wait.

OP
OP

WhiteStallion12

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
I waited 7 months for my 392XR. It’s a crap shoot if their waiting on parts it can be a while. You have a vin so that’s a good thing. Once they receive all your parts they schedule your wrangler to be built D1. Then it will start in body shop then go to paint then trim/chassis. It will roll down final line and get ready to go to JB. Mine sat in JB for 2 months others were in and out in a few days. Once it clears JB it goes to the shipping stage. For reference mine shipped 12/28 and arrived in PA at the dealer 1/07 results may vary. I’d say 3-6 months is a good starting point to wait.
Thank u for the in-site. Was there any way to track online? How long did it take u to get your vin and was it a 22 then?

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Thank u for the in-site. Was there any way to track online? How long did it take u to get your vin and was it a 22 then?
Nope it was a 2021. You can bother Jeep chat everyday instead of your dealer. Sometimes they’re a few days behind what your actual status is. You can also sign up for crypto stickers to track your build sheet/window sticker. There’s also a thread on here you can give your last 6 of the vin and they’ll track it. The search bar is your friend. Good luck
https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge
Sponsored