Sponsored

2022 JL Rubicon - 2" Mopar Lift with 37"s?

BillyGoat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door 2022 Rubicon JL
Hey all,

I ordered a 2022 2-Door Rubicon last October, and I'm told it's finally finishing production and will be delivered in a few weeks. I added the 4.88 gearing option and have plans to add a lift kit and 37" tires shortly after arrival.

I stopped by the dealership earlier today to start discussing the upgrades, and was told in no uncertain terms that the Mopar 2" lift kit will not fit 37" tires due to rubbing. Now I know this isn't true based on my near-obsessive perusal of this forum over the past 5 months or so, but the Jeep parts department tells me this is the only available lift kit for JL's that won't void the warranty and they won't go above 35"s. They've apparently tried this with 4-doors and Gladiators, and "couldn't get them to fit without rubbing." This is disappointing news, as the sales team was quite happy to help me spec. things out to meet my build goals and ensured me the service team would be able to take care of things for me upon delivery.

I was hoping to get everything done in one shot when she landed, but now I think my next step is to check with other dealerships/Jeep-certified shops in the area (upstate NY). Or maybe I'll get the lift kit installed immediately upon delivery, and then add the bigger tires afterward.

Do any of you have any advice or experience with this kind of situation? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Mopar lift and 37" KO2's. Had it installed at the dealership I work for in Rochester. Haven't rubbed anything yet. IMO the lawyers are saying it's 2". Q-tec is saying that the Mopar 2 door lift will pick it up 1.5" compared to a stock Rubi but you can fit 35's on a stock Rubi with very little if no rubbing.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JL Rubicon - 2" Mopar Lift with 37"s? IMG_2178

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JL Rubicon - 2" Mopar Lift with 37"s? Blue Jee

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Mopar lift and 37" KO2's. Had it installed at the dealership I work for in Rochester. Haven't rubbed anything yet. IMO the lawyers are saying it's 2". Q-tec is saying that the Mopar 2 door lift will pick it up 1.5" compared to a stock Rubi but you can fit 35's on a stock Rubi with very little if no rubbing.

Looks like you have reverse rake going...

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like you have reverse rake going...
It does seem that way and that means I do not have to worry about the Smitty bumper and Warn winch causing too much sag in the front...

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
It does seem that way and that means I do not have to worry about the Smitty bumper and Warn winch causing too much sag in the front...
Those will definitely level out the front... The Smittbilt bumpers are tanks.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey all,

I ordered a 2022 2-Door Rubicon last October, and I'm told it's finally finishing production and will be delivered in a few weeks. I added the 4.88 gearing option and have plans to add a lift kit and 37" tires shortly after arrival.

I stopped by the dealership earlier today to start discussing the upgrades, and was told in no uncertain terms that the Mopar 2" lift kit will not fit 37" tires due to rubbing. Now I know this isn't true based on my near-obsessive perusal of this forum over the past 5 months or so, but the Jeep parts department tells me this is the only available lift kit for JL's that won't void the warranty and they won't go above 35"s. They've apparently tried this with 4-doors and Gladiators, and "couldn't get them to fit without rubbing." This is disappointing news, as the sales team was quite happy to help me spec. things out to meet my build goals and ensured me the service team would be able to take care of things for me upon delivery.

I was hoping to get everything done in one shot when she landed, but now I think my next step is to check with other dealerships/Jeep-certified shops in the area (upstate NY). Or maybe I'll get the lift kit installed immediately upon delivery, and then add the bigger tires afterward.

Do any of you have any advice or experience with this kind of situation? Thanks for your help!
Install adjustable track bars and tell them you're assuming risk if it doesn't fit. Remember also. Not all tires are the advertised size. I think some 37s are closer to 35" for instance. I run class E Duratracs the are almost exactly 35"and it's a 35" tire.

Last edited:

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those will definitely level out the front... The Smittbilt bumpers are tanks.
Yup. Killed a deer with the one on my JK.

Reactions: LCW

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Install adjustable track bars and tell them you're assuming risk if it doesn't fit. Remember also. Not all tires are the advertised size. I think BFG 37s are closer to 35" for instance. I run class E Duratracs the are almost exactly 35"and it's a 35" tire.
Those KO2's are 36.5".

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
37s fit just fine with 2" of lift. Its the wheel offset that can cause a rub.

I'd skip the Mopar lift and go right to a more complete kit. Metalcloak is very popular on this forum.

I went with Clayton's Overland+ which has really nice joints for a dual purpose ride. Their Ride Right kits are about 1700 and come with adjustable lower control arms (caster is a big deal) and adjustable trackbars.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/products/vehicle/jl-wrangler-18

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
OP, I have a JLR and the Mopar lift gave me just over 2.5". I have 37's(36.7") with AEV wheels, +25 back spacing. Front tires rub on Synergy lower control arm's. Turn the steering stops out about a 1/4" and no rubbing. In the back there is a bump out in the plastic liner. Heat the plastic bump section with a hair dryer. Push it flat and hold till it cools and no more rubbing. If you like the tire sticking out past the fender look get wheels with 00 or minus offset. I've been running my 3.6,auto and 4.10 gears pretty hard for 2.5 years. Tires are being replaced today with 35" BFG's. I believe 35's are the sweet spot on stock axled 2drs.
photos taken 2.5 years ago with new 37's
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JL Rubicon - 2" Mopar Lift with 37"s? JL w new shoes 2

Later this afternoon I'm going to try shooting at same spot (If parking available)with the new 35's.

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Those KO2's are 36.5".
Agree; KO2's are short. I am running 37x12.5x17 in load range C and they are 35.375" actual measured height with 32PSI mounted on the Jeep.

OP
OP

BillyGoat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door 2022 Rubicon JL
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JL Rubicon - 2" Mopar Lift with 37"s? FD7B21EA-BD42-44E9-85BA-A9D72CE7489B

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JL Rubicon - 2" Mopar Lift with 37"s? FD7B21EA-BD42-44E9-85BA-A9D72CE7489B
Thank you, gorgeous ride!
Sponsored