2022 Jeepers Jamboree Rubicon Trail

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
These organized trail runs are enjoyed by hundreds of participants educating and assisting...

... less so if your in your own small group and happen upon the Khaki Shirt trail bosses...
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Not following what the problem is... you can show up any time and run the Rubicon yourself I thought, no?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Your spin puts a whole new perspective on it!

1. What offset do the wheels need to be to prevent rubbing?

2. What is a stabilizer flip? Flipping it up out of the way?

3. Of course I'll do my own wrenching... USAF jet engine tech back in the F-111 days.

Thanks ~
honestly I am runing a JKS lift i got from Northrigid4x4 ( forum sponsor ) cam with shocks 2.5 lift and lower control arms the kit comes with the front track bar and the retrack bar relocation. your choice of reg spring rate or heavy duty. easy to install in the drive way in a few hours with a buddy and some beers 1700 bucks shipped when i got that kit

OP
OP
Iggy

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Not following what the problem is... you can show up any time and run the Rubicon yourself I thought, no?
At first look, it appeared I wouldn't be able to participate in the 2022 Jeep Jamboree USA (Jeep sanctioned) due to their requirement of all Jeeps must run 37" tires. My complaint, which got watered down along the thread, was that the organizers were requiring a bunch of very expensive ($5,000+) mods I didn't want to pay for. See the first post...

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
If you do Jeepers, let us all know!!!
:)
From what my friends who have been tell me.... it is a PARTY!!! LOL

At first look, it appeared I wouldn't be able to participate in the 2022 Jeep Jamboree USA (Jeep sanctioned) due to their requirement of all Jeeps must run 37" tires. My complaint, which got watered down along the thread, was that the organizers were requiring a bunch of very expensive ($5,000+) mods I didn't want to pay for. See the first post...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iggy

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
If you do Jeepers, let us all know!!!
:)
From what my friends who have been tell me.... it is a PARTY!!! LOL
I'll let everyone know about the 2022 Jeepers Jamboree. I'll write updates and a recap right here. Stay tuned!

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
They weren't requiring a bunch of expensive mods though. They were requiring taller tires which would fit on your stock wheels and you could add a modest spacer lift for another $185.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
No I read the first post. I think your logic is that because you bought a Rubicon and the event is Jeep sanctioned, that they should allow any stock Rubicon to run, no? I totally get that. The longer wheel base sees a pretty large advantage even from a small lift and 35's -- I see with a lot of people why they're asking for that though.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
They weren't requiring a bunch of expensive mods though. They were requiring taller tires which would fit on your stock wheels and you could add a modest spacer lift for another $185.
Sure they were.

37X12.50X17's are north of $400 bucks each. Throw in mounting, balancing and tax and you're pushing $2.5-3.5 grand for 5. Don't forget that the spare probably won't fit the tire carrier. How much are those? Not to mention the fact the no tire chain will install that size tire on the stock width wheels, so throw in another $500 - $1500 for wheels. That's expensive for most of people.

OP
OP
Iggy

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Sure they were.

37X12.50X17's are north of $400 bucks each. Throw in mounting, balancing and tax and you're pushing $2.5-3.5 grand for 5. Don't forget that the spare probably won't fit the tire carrier. How much are those? Not to mention the fact the no tire chain will install that size tire on the stock width wheels, so throw in another $500 - $1500 for wheels. That's expensive for most of people.
Yeah, on top of that, 37s on a 7.5" wheel is possible, but not recommended by most any tire manufacturer. That means new wheels at $750 to $1,250 for 5 if your go cheap. $375 x 5 for tires plus mounting and tax. Really, a bunch of money if you're happy with 33 - 35" tires. Plus, then there's the suspension lift.

I don't know of anyone who runs a 10 rated trail on 37" tires and no lift. A spacer lift on the Rubicon trail? I'm not comfortable with that kind of set up. And then there's a new track bar or two to keep everything square. It just adds up to way more money than I wanted to spend on equipment I really didn't already want. Plus, JJ USA requires a 2-person entry fee which is $1,195 by itself.

I'm grateful the great guys here showed me there are TWO different organizations sponsoring Rubicon Jeep Jamborees. The *Jeep* brand one is requiring the 37" tires (odd when the largest tires they provide are 35"), the other one, Jeepers Jamboree, has much more reasonable entry requirements. That's the route I'm going - same trail - two different sets of requirements.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iggy

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
You could run the rubicon trail for $0, just find a small group to go with?
I've thought about that. I've been itching to do the Rubicon since 1978 when I bought my first Jeep. Never did and life got in the way. Things are different now and my bucket list still has 'run the Rubicon' on it. Being more seasoned, I've learned that having some assistance (such as the Jeepers Jamboree) is what I'd prefer in my rather pricy Jeep. After that I'll probably be happy to go again with some friends. Skilled friends ;)

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I've thought about that. I've been itching to do the Rubicon since 1978 when I bought my first Jeep. Never did and life got in the way. Things are different now and my bucket list still has 'run the Rubicon' on it. Being more seasoned, I've learned that having some assistance (such as the Jeepers Jamboree) is what I'd prefer in my rather pricy Jeep. After that I'll probably be happy to go again with some friends. Skilled friends ;)
The jamboree limits your rubicon trail experience to designated areas of the trail . The difference between pre Jamboree and post jamboree is significant after all the rock stackers have been through.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Sure they were.

They aren't requiring any of that, except 37" tires. The OP is stating they are saying all the rest, but they aren't.

Or, you could say since they are requiring 37s, what that means to me are BFG Krawler KX at $700 a piece, and since I want new wheels I'll put them on custom offset bead locks at $700 each (and I want five of 'em) and since I want a 3.5 lift to clear them I'll choose a $3,500 lift...and so on, why stop there. None of that is what the Jamboree said though. I saw some 37" tires for $260 each at 4Wheelparts and an independent shop would mount them for $25/each, spacer lift for $185 makes it $1360 to meet the requirements. If you really don't want to go though, it's closer to $7000 for wheels and tires and $3,500 for the lift to clear them, so again, if you really don't want to go, it's over $10,000 just to attend...bwahahaha.

Deleted member 59098

The tire requirement seems off. Glen Plake (1990s ski movies, mohawks) did the Jamboree in something pretty ancient on like 28s. I felt fine on 35s and 33s are probably doable if damage isn't much of a concern.
Sponsored