Sponsored

2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe bumper?

JNJ

First Name
Jodi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
The OEM bumpers, front and back, are not steel, correct? Does anyone know the part number or what they weigh? Also, how important is it for me to worry about weight if I want to add steel with a winch—note that it is a 4xe.
TIA!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I want to say the stock plastics are sub 30 lb each. There is a sheet metal bar inside, but nothing substantial.

Id recommend a stubby if you are planning on significant off roading. That will save you some weight over a full width. Also, synthetic winch line saves more than you’d think.

I wouldn’t be overly concerned with the weight, but the more you add you’ll loose a little more front end height on the stock springs.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have the exact weight difference, but it is substantial.

I have the Mopar steel bumper, Mopar winch plate, Mopar front skid plate and a —relatively compact— Quadratec Stealth 10 winch. The entire assembly has got to weigh about 175 lbs.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe bumper? _DSC0002.JPG

I have driven my lifted Sahara V6 on 35s with and without the winch and the winch plate: it didn’t make one bit of difference in my fuel consumption. Now, this doesn’t mean it won’t impact the MPG on your stock 4Xe, or your range in EZ mode. My guess is it will.

Where it does make quite a bit of difference on mine is in the handling. Especially driving around town. It feels as if a fully grown adult were sitting on the front bumper.
Sponsored