Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I really want a 6spd manual and XR package but obviously that doesn’t exist. So, do I go Rubicon manual or do I fold and go Willys XR and accept automatic transmission? Is the XR Willys going to look/feel significantly taller and more rugged than a non-XR Rubicon? The new standard stuff on the Rubicon is tempting too. (And yes I’m lazy, I don’t want to have to do anything aftermarket or void warranty.)
That is absolutely untrue where do you see it doesn’t exist?? The XR package with Manual transmission Jeep has advertised will have the 4:88 gear ratio. The 4:88 gear ratio is On the 2022 Order guide in this thread for an additional cost of $895!!!
Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
XR package on Base sport now

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys and a 2010 Rubicon
Rubicon is up $735 (But includes Proximity and (EDIT) 8.4” + Alpine)

Non-white paint is now $295.

4.88s cost $895 on top of XR.

Dual doors w/o uppers now available for $3,395.

Destination up another $100.
So I am going to my local Jeep dealership the last week of this month to order my new Rubicon with the extreme recon package, so will I be able to order a 2022 model and still get it in my color Tuscadero with the 4.88 axle option which will give me the 6 speed manual transmission which would be a dream for me

Surfin3591

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride , 2022 Rubicon XR (on order)
That is absolutely untrue where do you see it doesn’t exist?? The XR package with Manual transmission Jeep has advertised will have the 4:88 gear ratio. The 4:88 gear ratio is On the 2022 Order guide in this thread for an additional cost of $895!!!
Not according to the order guide that was released. It says the 3.6 eTorque and 8spd Auto are required when you select the XR package for both Willys and Rubicon. Hence my dilemma and questions.

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
XR package on Base sport now
Is it? Maybe I’m not familiar enough with the formatting but it looks like the XR is only available on the Willys (from the Sport options).
That does make that Willys announcement based price a little more interesting though.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
And
The XR press release from this summer highlighted the 6 speed / 4.88 pairing to get a best in class 100:1 crawl ratio.

Agreed, but according to the build guide they appear to be separate, though this really doesn't make any sense.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Not according to the order guide that was released. It says the 3.6 eTorque and 8spd Auto are required when you select the XR package for both Willys and Rubicon. Hence my dilemma and questions.
Still something funny with the order guide, it says must have ERG engine however it’s say N/A w/23w which is the manual Willys, but it doesn’t not exclude or say N/A w/23K which is the Willys Sport. So if it only comes with the ERG engine which is Auto tranny only then why did they specifically list the exclusion for the non ERG Willys and not the Willys sport then?? Also FCA’s advertised pricing a couple of weeks ago listed under 40K for the Willys XR edition which can ONLY be a Willys Sport Manual Tranny for them to advertise under 40K!! Unless they are now giving away the Autotranny free with the XR option which I highly doubt? Plus FCA has advertised being able to get the manual tranny XR with the 4:88 gears and this is with the non ERG engine also. So maybe it’s just going to be a Late Release?? No way they publicly advertised a Willys XR edition under 40K as a mistake and again that price can ONLY be a manual Willys Sport edition so maybe after the first of the year they update the order guide and release it.
I will also be surprised if you can option the 4:88 gears for the $895 on any manual tranny Jeep Wrangler without having the XR package But it looks like this option is for the Rubicon edition only so maybe you can get these gears without the XR pkg on the Rubicon

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Wonderful that Jeep has decided to offer 4.88 as stand-alone option on manual. THANK YOU JEEP!

I have a 2021 and would without question opted for the option. Well overdue.

Gossamer

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, Tesla M3P
So I am going to my local Jeep dealership the last week of this month to order my new Rubicon with the extreme recon package, so will I be able to order a 2022 model and still get it in my color Tuscadero with the 4.88 axle option which will give me the 6 speed manual transmission which would be a dream for me
Well that kinda sucks because I was hoping to have the only one! Oh well, maybe 2 of 2? Lol, I'm just glad we'll be able to get it!

Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
For my 2021 build, comparing the last 2021 build sheet to the new 2022 build sheet, 2022 Invoice is $1971 less, MSRP is $2496 less. The only difference in options between the two is the Mopar HD Rock Slider w/Step Assist doesn't appear to be available for 2022. That was $878 and $975 for invoice and MSRP.

On my POC for my JLUR on 8/21, MSRP was $59,170, my dealer knocked off $2k no questions asked. I was a novice, hadn't discovered JLWranglerForums. It was my first time ordering any vehicle. With the chip and inventory shortages I really didn't know what to expect. I went in assuming MSRP, so I was happy with $2k less at $57,170.

Then I discovered JLWranglerForums and found out about TreadLightly. So I signed up for that and called my dealer and he said he would honor the 1% under invoice. On 9/29 I got my control number and emailed it along with my TL welcome letter. He responded and confirmed since the order was placed before 10/1 they would still honor the 1% under invoice discount.

1% under my 2021 invoice (Aug Build Sheet) is $55,000. Even after adding the cost of the RockSlider w/Step Assist to the 2022 FWP the 2022 invoice is $537 less than the $55k.

It will be interesting to see what my final invoice is when my 2021 is delivered.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Color choices are a little underwhelming. Other than Tuscadero there is no limited or late availability colors. Maybe they will be announced later.

One thing I noticed is the Willys comes with black Moab wheels. Did the 2021 Willys come with Morphic wheels?? My 2021 Willys Gladiator did.

RowdySouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Mojito 6-speed, 2000 TJ (retired)
Sales for snazcle must be horribly low to have that much stock in their supply chain and return to market again. Disappointed by the color options for the next few months. They really skimped this time.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Sales for snazcle must be horribly low to have that much stock in their supply chain and return to market again. Disappointed by the color options for the next few months. They really skimped this time.
If that's the case why drop it from the order sheets in the first place?

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Color choices are a little underwhelming. Other than Tuscadero there is no limited or late availability colors. Maybe they will be announced later.

One thing I noticed is the Willys comes with black Moab wheels. Did the 2021 Willys come with Morphic wheels?? My 2021 Willys Gladiator did.
I thought Moab was the Mopar option, and Morphic was the 3rd party Mopar look alike to the Moab wheels, only slightly wider. Could be wrong.
Sponsored