Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Prices are up across the board

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) 4-Door Order Guide [Updated Monthly] 54501E08-4E8B-42E6-B075-A69F3E8A430E

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) 4-Door Order Guide [Updated Monthly] 54501E08-4E8B-42E6-B075-A69F3E8A430E
Wonder if anything additional options got added to base pricing for the big increase.

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Wonder if anything additional options got added to base pricing for the big increase.
The sad fact is that you are not getting new options but rather the economically mandatory payment for inflation caused by trillions of $,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$ in new government spending.

Inflation is caused by too much money in circulation chasing too few goods.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
There has been some discussion in regards to the crash test data that some things have been changed on the 22s, but I have no clue what or if there is a related cost increase to go with that

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The latest 2022 JL Wrangler Unlimited order guide (1/17/22) has been added to the first post.

It shows a PRICE INCREASE across all trims and many options/packages.

Base JLU Sport - $370 increase
Base JLU Sahara - $900 increase
Base JLU Rubicon - $900 increase
Base JLU Rubicon 392 - $2,695 increase
Base JLU Sport RHD - $4,005 increase
Base JLU Sahara 4XE - $1,565
Base JLU Rubicon 4XE - $1,565

Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Just contacted Chapman Jeep in PA and they said since the pricing went up, my price goes up (I ordered in mid December). They will still honor discount of 5% under invoice, but overall price increase. No price protection

Wow, I ordered beginning of November. I signed a buyers order with the previous msrp. How do I know if it's price protected?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Contact your dealer...if Chapman, though, the answer is no
What’s strange is it is a box they can check at time of order that price protects. Even have some folks stating their recent sticker shows a negative line item reflecting sold order protection 🤷‍♂️

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Contact your dealer...if Chapman, though, the answer is no
I can't reach them, I've been waiting since Nov. 4th. If they did not price lock I will cancel, I won't appreciate that game. When we agree on a price and order is submitted, that should be the price when the order arrives. I don't order flowers for my wife and when the driver delivers them they're more expensive.

I even signed up for tread lightly as requested by them. It's literally a sellers market with a lot of dealers asking for non-refundable deposits and forced financing, people will pay whatever. I drop my order and someone will pay 10k over msrp, that's the world we live in now.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
What’s strange is it is a box they can check at time of order that price protects.
They ran into an issue with stellantis not honoring the price protection on a bunch of TRX orders, so it seems they're not doing it because they don't want to go at risk of losing a bunch of money. Kinda like affiliate past 1%.

Sponsored

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
Agreed. I have been emailing Tom at Chapman and he responds quickly (within a few minutes). But he is saying that if prices increase, Stellantis is not reimbursing them for the price hike. So they would lose money if they price protect. His words, not mine.
They would NOT "lose" money; they just wouldn't make as much profit...

tavani21

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys
At 5% below invoice, I'd be surprised if they have enough margin on any of these deals to absorb a $2000+ price increase and still come out ahead.
They should get reimbursed for the difference by Jeep/Stellantis for previous orders. They are saying, the Jeep is $50,000 when you order. Then, when it arrives, it is $52,000.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
hey should get reimbursed for the difference by Jeep/Stellantis for previous orders.
Yes, they should, but they had a bunch of orders where they weren't, so now they're not taking the risk.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
They would NOT "lose" money; they just wouldn't make as much profit...
They would certainly "lose money" on that particular car deal if Stellantis did not reimburse them. When you have one of the lowest prices in the nation, there is little margin to be made on each deal. They sell maybe 10 Jeeps to make what other dealers profit off of 1-2 in todays market.
Sponsored