First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
When did you order? I ordered mine on 8/21, more than a month before Wrangler was removed from AR programs. Others have reported if you placed a sold order prior to 10/1 then FCA would still Honor the AR program pricing. This is almost word for word what my dealer told me.

My dealer is part of a large dealer group in the Twin Cities. I've bought several vehicles from them over the years. They've always been very good to deal with. I'm confident they'll hold up their end.
FCA would honor it sure but what do you do if no dealer was willing to accept it? I even wrote an email to our company's program admin and they basically said that dealers are independent entities and they set their own pricing. FCA can't interfere. There were dealers in like ID, PA, and TN who were given crazy deals like 8% under the invoice or something like that but I really didn't want to deal with dealers thousands of miles away. I talked with four dealers in my state and one dealer in New Mexico and all but two wanted a higher price than MSRP. I ordered my Jeep on 8/30 but the dealer didn't put that in until 9/3. I went with the closest dealer to keep logistics simple. I'm getting close to 30% more for my trade-in so it is basically a wash for me. Buy high, sell high. The second closest dealer to me is advertising a $4k markup on ALL wranglers in stock! smh...
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Jeep’s press release last week on the XR Wily’s was misleading. The cheapest version has a MSRP of 48,120 with the mandatory etorque v6 auto which is far cry from the $41,290 of the press release.

Last edited:

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Jeep’s press release last week on the XR Wily’s was misleading. The cheapest version has a MSRP of 48,120 with the mandatory etorque v6 auto which is far cry from the $41,290 of the ores release.
I have been saying this and no it’s not misleading the Jeep Price that low is only for the Willys Sport Manual not the Willys. However the manual is not available yet with the XR pkg so it will have to be a late release maybe after the first of the year Is my guess.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
FCA would honor it sure but what do you do if no dealer was willing to accept it? I even wrote an email to our company's program admin and they basically said that dealers are independent entities and they set their own pricing. FCA can't interfere. There were dealers in like ID, PA, and TN who were given crazy deals like 8% under the invoice or something like that but I really didn't want to deal with dealers thousands of miles away. I talked with four dealers in my state and one dealer in New Mexico and all but two wanted a higher price than MSRP. I ordered my Jeep on 8/30 but the dealer didn't put that in until 9/3. I went with the closest dealer to keep logistics simple. I'm getting close to 30% more for my trade-in so it is basically a wash for me. Buy high, sell high. The second closest dealer to me is advertising a $4k markup on ALL wranglers in stock! smh...
Right FCA is still honoring AR program pricing on Wrangler orders submitted before 10/1. And you are right that the dealer doesn't have to honor it. Some dealers didn't allow AR program pricing long before 10/1.

I am happy my dealer is honoring the AR Program price. I have purchased several vehicles from them over the last 20 years and it's what I have come to expect from them. They have always been very good to deal with.

But now that I've seen the 2022 order guide the invoice on my identical build sans the Step Assist Rock slider is $1415 less than the 1% off invoice AR price on my 2021 build. Add in the cost of the rock slider and the 2022 invoice price is still more than $500 cheaper. So when it boils down to it even with the AR pricing I'll likely be paying over the invoice of an identical 2021 build.

With the insanely low inventory of new cars due to the chip shortage, over MSRP for dealer stock isn't a surprise.

Sponsored

jamesq

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe, '19 Model X, Sienna, Prius PHEV
Right FCA is still honoring AR program pricing on Wrangler orders submitted before 10/1. And you are right that the dealer doesn't have to honor it. Some dealers didn't allow AR program pricing long before 10/1.

I am happy my dealer is honoring the AR Program price. I have purchased several vehicles from them over the last 20 years and it's what I have come to expect from them. They have always been very good to deal with.

But now that I've seen the 2022 order guide the invoice on my identical build sans the Step Assist Rock slider is $1415 less than the 1% off invoice AR price on my 2021 build. Add in the cost of the rock slider and the 2022 invoice price is still more than $500 cheaper. So when it boils down to it even with the AR pricing I'll likely be paying over the invoice of an identical 2021 build.

With the insanely low inventory of new cars due to the chip shortage, over MSRP for dealer stock isn't a surprise.
If the '22 pricing is better, can't you cancel the existing order? I assume the dealer would be happy to take your delivery and sell it at MSRP to someone else. You just have to wait for a few more months to get a '22 model.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
If the '22 pricing is better, can't you cancel the existing order? I assume the dealer would be happy to take your delivery and sell it at MSRP to someone else. You just have to wait for a few more months to get a '22 model.
I sold my JK a couple weeks ago so I am currently without a vehicle. All we have is my wife's Sahara 4xe. I'm hoping to take a trip to the Badlands in early December. Plus, with the chip shortage and severely constrained supply chain I just want to get my Jeep. My est build date is 10/15, so I'm sticking with the 2021, hoping to get it by early November. Earlier would just be gravy.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Also noticed they have 3.0 and 3.6 ESS auto back on all Sports. I figured that would happen, but nice to see it.
Don't know if I read it right, but the 3.6 ESS, is with auto trans, you don't have too order e torque 3.6 engine if you want a automatic trans, back to the future, just like my 2019.

Last edited:

MRV861792

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB (Sold); (Waiting) 22 Rubicon w/XR
Occupation
Executive Project Manager / Risk Consultant
Myself and others are getting a 401 error code. Could it be the site is overloaded and crashed?!
Pricing etc has been opened up for Dealers and won't be available online could be sometime November or December.

Sponsored

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Did they give you an estimate on arrival?
Nope. 😬 I asked and the guy said, "We don't have a clue!" He was complaining about the website not being updated, as possible customers are upset with him, and he cannot do a darn thing about it. I feel for both sides, and just don't understand why Jeep cannot update their website appropriately. Seriously, isn't communication always a good thing?

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Nope. 😬 I asked and the guy said, "We don't have a clue!" He was complaining about the website not being updated, as possible customers are upset with him, and he cannot do a darn thing about it. I feel for both sides, and just don't understand why Jeep cannot update their website appropriately. Seriously, isn't communication always a good thing?
I placed my order for a 2022 JLUR 4xe on Friday and the dealer told me minimum of 3 months. I’m fully expecting it not to be delivered until sometime early 2022.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
I’m so undecided on placing an order for a 2022 because there’s no bright color choices besides Tuscadero.

I’m debating if I should get Sarge Green or Sting Gray instead, or maybe wait til December when production actually starts to see if Jeep will drop a bright color choice 🤷🏻‍♂️

dfwmountainbiker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 (TJ) Wrangler
I’m so undecided on placing an order for a 2022 because there’s no bright color choices besides Tuscadero.

I’m debating if I should get Sarge Green or Sting Gray instead, or maybe wait til December when production actually starts to see if Jeep will drop a bright color choice 🤷🏻‍♂️
Firecracker red is bright to me.

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual

Bright White, Hydro Blue is a nice color.
Sponsored