Sponsored

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I'm in the same boat as you. I want to order a JLU Willys, but I'm not super psyched on the color choices. If Nacho or Gecko was still around, I'd order now, but they're not.

Earl Gary looms like 4runner Lunar Rock, so that's cool, and I like the Silver color, as it's a really light silver from what folks are saying, but my DD is a silver car, so I want a change lol. Anyway, I may wait till December or January to order to see if anything fun and exciting drops color wise.
I am wanting the Earl Color, the Sting Gray is just a bit too dark for my taste... and they have no light color except white. I've never been a fan of silver either so if they don't drop the Earl I'll be choosing from the Dark met. grey or Sarge Green. Not sure how much I really like the Sarge with the matching hard top though.
My luck they won't drop Earl though. They may release it only for the Gladiator. Definitely even more unlikely for the 4xe.

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
I am wanting the Earl Color, the Sting Gray is just a bit too dark for my taste... and they have no light color except white. I've never been a fan of silver either so if they don't drop the Earl I'll be choosing from the Dark met. grey or Sarge Green. Not sure how much I really like the Sarge with the matching hard top though.
My luck they won't drop Earl though. They may release it only for the Gladiator. Definitely even more unlikely for the 4xe.
Does anyone have a pic of Earl Grey? Google did not give it to me.
Also, is there an actual rumor this color will hit for 2022?

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Does anyone have a pic of Earl Grey? Google did not give it to me.
Also, is there an actual rumor this color will hit for 2022?
Just speculation from a Farout concept that debuted. It's probably the most unlikely color to drop, but it would be nice to see it. My wife will likely make the executive decision to just pick the color and not wait come November anyway :CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) 4-Door Order Guide [Updated Monthly] 1634232422004

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
Just speculation from a Farout concept that debuted. It's probably the most unlikely color to drop, but it would be nice to see it. My wife will likely make the executive decision to just pick the color and not wait come November anyway :CWL:

1634232422004.png
Thanks, saw that one pop up on my search but passed it over. I like it. On the lighter end of the non-metallic grey colors. Lighter than Audi Nardo Grey and darker than Porsche Chalk (both of which I really like). For now, I am leaning Hydro Blue on a Rubi, unless something changes with more colors dropping.

Edit: Earl looks cool -

Last edited:

Sponsored

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
2022 JLUR ordered on 10/8 and I got a VIN and VON on 10/14. Now the waiting begins I assume. Anyone heard when they'll actually start cranking out the 2022s? 🤔

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
2022 JLUR ordered on 10/8 and I got a VIN and VON on 10/14. Now the waiting begins I assume. Anyone heard when they'll actually start cranking out the 2022s? 🤔
Earlier in this thread, someone posted: " If you ordered a 2022 production will not start until December 6, 2021. That is after they clear all the 2022 and then do maintenance on the line and gather materials. So 1 month is going to be highly unlikely. "

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Earlier in this thread, someone posted: " If you ordered a 2022 production will not start until December 6, 2021. That is after they clear all the 2022 and then do maintenance on the line and gather materials. So 1 month is going to be highly unlikely. "
Why clear all the 2022 just to start work on the 2022 MY? What am I missing?

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Why clear all the 2022 just to start work on the 2022 MY? What am I missing?
I believe he meant to type 2021. They will need to clear all the 2021 orders in the queue before they switch over to 2022.

berger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jl
I went to order a willys with the xr pkg, on 10/15/2021, dealership was unable to place the order on their website, it listed the pkg but the box to check was grayed out ...same with the rubicon, but the 392 was open..

Sponsored

Jgro151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara
Alright thanks! Just gotta decide if I want to hold out and see if they drop another color, or if I bite the bullet and just choose one.
Does anybody know if you’re able to change your color once you order? Or, is that 100% locked even if you don’t have a 2022 VIN yet? I ordered a sting grey ’22 Rubi yesterday, but would be interested in earl or possibly another limited color (really hoping for Sahara tan to come back) - but I’ve just been waiting forever that I finally said I had to pull the trigger and order something.

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Does anybody know if you’re able to change your color once you order? Or, is that 100% locked even if you don’t have a 2022 VIN yet? I ordered a sting grey ’22 Rubi yesterday, but would be interested in earl or possibly another limited color (really hoping for Sahara tan to come back) - but I’ve just been waiting forever that I finally said I had to pull the trigger and order something.
Can probably change it if you didn't receive a vin but not sure. Once a VIN is assigned I believe it can not be changed. Sting Grey is a great color!!

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Thanks, saw that one pop up on my search but passed it over. I like it. On the lighter end of the non-metallic grey colors. Lighter than Audi Nardo Grey and darker than Porsche Chalk (both of which I really like). For now, I am leaning Hydro Blue on a Rubi, unless something changes with more colors dropping.
I can't remember what tint people thought it had in different light. Either slight green or blue.
Honestly, it reminds me
I’ve thought about possibly doing that as well! But I think some members have already received VINs on their ‘22 orders. So I figured I’d be given a VIN fairly quickly.

DarceyJean

First Name
Darcey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Sahara
NEW WHEELS FOR SAHARA AND HIGH ALTITUDE?

It appears that the 2021 20" wheel shared by the Sahara and High Altitude (sales code WRN) is getting replaced by two different wheels for the Sahara (WRG) and High Altitude (WRF) in 2022. Think I'm going to wait to decide between the two models until I see the images of the new wheels.

Gary, it looks that way, doesn't it? I ordered my 22 on 10/9 - I can say I will welcome the surprise if these are on there!

kimmiet17

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep high altitude
I can't remember what tint people thought it had in different light. Either slight green or blue.
Honestly, it reminds me

I’ve thought about possibly doing that as well! But I think some members have already received VINs on their ‘22 orders. So I figured I’d be given a VIN fairly quickly.
Yeah I got a vin within 2 days.
Sponsored