Sponsored

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
Also note that the thread posted above about the gray dash was from 2019. So this is not something new for 2022. I have seen a Punkin JLUR from 2018 with the gray dash and black leather seats. I thought it was due to the orange exterior, but I have also seen Punkin with the red dash. So it very well may be the I/P bezel code that changes the interior. That would be nice to know. Orange and red do not work very well together IMHO.
Yup, I got that. What is new, I believe, is that this order guide lists only one I/P Bezel for the rubicon. "SILVER PLATINUM I/P BEZELS (JET)" on page 37 . I agree with you that there was some variability in the past (some seemed like slips from that other thread).

Different than in the past where Rubi's show optional to have either red or silver (grey) like the pdf in macphisto13's post. But by this order guide showing ONLY silver (grey), my thinking is something is different this year, i.e. no more red dashes at all. I guess we'll soon find out when the 22's start shipping.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
I
Yup, I got that. What is new, I believe, is that this order guide lists only one I/P Bezel for the rubicon. "SILVER PLATINUM I/P BEZELS (JET)" on page 37 . I agree with you that there was some variability in the past (some seemed like slips from that other thread).

Different than in the past where Rubi's show optional to have either red or silver (grey) like the pdf in macphisto13's post. But by this order guide showing ONLY silver (grey), my thinking is something is different this year, i.e. no more red dashes at all. I guess we'll soon find out when the 22's start shipping.
I see what your saying. I guess we wait and see. I didn't like red as the default because it looked bad with some colors. But I do like it on white, black, and gray. So I'm happy that it will improve the look of some colors but it would be kind of dissappointing if it wasn't available at all. Even though I'd prefer jet black to either the silver or red.

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable

I thought some Rubis came with the grey dash in 18 and 19 but in 20 they went to all red. I spent the last 3 months looking for a punkn rubi and all 18 and 19s have the grey but 20 and 21 have red. At least that was my observation. I am now very interested to see what happens with the MY22 dash. It'll be like Christmas - not knowing what you'll get until you open the present!

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
In the past color drops, how likely/when would they possibly drop new colors? I don't LOVE any of the ones in the ordering booklet, but I also don't want to wait and them never drop something...
I just wish they had something light/on the lighter end of the color spectrum, but not white 🤪

Sponsored

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
In the past color drops, how likely/when would they possibly drop new colors? I don't LOVE any of the ones in the ordering booklet, but I also don't want to wait and them never drop something...
I just wish they had something light/on the lighter end of the color spectrum, but not white 🤪
There is supposed to be a new silver that you may like.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Last year someone posted the fleet buyer guides which accurately predicted the Chief, Hydro Blue, Nacho and Gecko colors. The timing was in early September which was a little after 2021 production started in August. Using that timeline, the fleet guide may show colors in late December or January.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Can someone double check me….

Still unable to order a Wills Sport 2door with either premium soft top. Is that correct?

Damn annoying. I love the premium top on my 2016 Sport (that and AC were only things I added).

This might be a deal breaker for ‘22. The only thing that really interests me on the Willy’s is the LED lights.

I really wanted new to get back under warranty.

Was hoping, WS 2door. Manual V6 AC, Sarge green, tan premium top, tan interior, trailer tow group.
You could order the premium soft top aftermarket and likely recoup a chunk of the cost selling your standard stuff top. Of everything you listed, it seems the easiest to replace. Doesn’t need to be a deal breaker.

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
This will be my first time ordering a car!
Since production doesn't start until Nov/Dec. on the '22s if we place an order we wouldn't get a VIN/VON until closer to that date? Or can we get that a month before production?

kimmiet17

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep high altitude
This will be my first time ordering a car!
Since production doesn't start until Nov/Dec. on the '22s if we place an order we wouldn't get a VIN/VON until closer to that date? Or can we get that a month before production?
I received a VON the day that the order was placed. Now I’m curious if that will change into a vin until they start production.

Sponsored

kimmiet17

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep high altitude
I received a VON the day that the order was placed. Now I’m curious if that will change into a vin until they start production.
Just went on the Jeep chat. I gave them my info and my Von number and they provided me with the Vin and status. ( scheduling phase)

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Just went on the Jeep chat. I gave them my info and my Von number and they provided me with the Vin and status. ( scheduling phase)
Alright thanks! Just gotta decide if I want to hold out and see if they drop another color, or if I bite the bullet and just choose one.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Alright thanks! Just gotta decide if I want to hold out and see if they drop another color, or if I bite the bullet and just choose one.
I decided to wait until when 2022 production actually starts to see if they drop a new color because I want a bright color, or at least until Jeep releases an announcement for 2022 at least.

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I'm in the same boat as you. I want to order a JLU Willys, but I'm not super psyched on the color choices. If Nacho or Gecko was still around, I'd order now, but they're not.

Earl Gary looms like 4runner Lunar Rock, so that's cool, and I like the Silver color, as it's a really light silver from what folks are saying, but my DD is a silver car, so I want a change lol. Anyway, I may wait till December or January to order to see if anything fun and exciting drops color wise.