Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Dude, I told my dealer that I will drive happy ass up there and retrieve it. Hubby's Titan can pull 5 tons...So I'm strait.

Order placed 10/11 VIN-02254
Do that and have FCA cut you a check for the transportation fee you paid.

Let us know how that works out. Ha!!

OsoAlaskaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Rubicon(waiting)
He does, but it's really easy to communicate between the 2 and depending on your job, you can have access to both build systems. He's able to pull up my build by VIN, so I'm guessing that's the case.
Nothing like insider info, lucky!

Jsettl

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a 22 sport s 2 door on 10/6. Dealer said they didn't have the software yet. I recently received my vin. It's 102369. Does this mean 102,369 ahead of me or 2,368??

Sponsored

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
Great. If they make 700+ per week. I'm thinking 4 or 5 weeks. Can't wait. Got it pretty much loaded.
Yeah but this is also dependant on the supply chain being perfect for the build.

I suppose I'm just trying to keep myself from getting too excited too. Lol

Jsettl

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but this is also dependant on the supply chain being perfect for the build.

I suppose I'm just trying to keep myself from getting too excited too. Lol
I get you. I've kind of set my hopes for the superbowl. And yet another part of me thinks I may just be dreaming

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Aluminum Tubing Transport
Cool, first I’ve heard that.
Wife is 113872 so using this logic she’s 3,872 in line? Or 13,372? Guessing the latter since it counted up from his 2,368.

Also- so it’s official. They may have possibly begun MY22s, maybe. Unless they haven’t.

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
Cool, first I’ve heard that.
Wife is 113872 so using this logic she’s 3,872 in line? Or 13,372? Guessing the latter since it counted up from his 2,368.

Also- so it’s official. They may have possibly begun MY22s, maybe. Unless they haven’t.
I think it's pretty clear at this point that they don't build the VINs sequentially, or build trucks sequentially based on the day you ordered. That would be a nightmare for factory scheduling. It's much simpler to build them in groups based on parts availability.

Sponsored

TheBroncoSux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future '22 Firecracker Red Rubicon 4xe
I think it's pretty clear at this point that they don't build the VINs sequentially, or build trucks sequentially based on the day you ordered. That would be a nightmare for factory scheduling. It's much simpler to build them in groups based on parts availability.
So, in theory, the more optioned the build, the more likelihood of a longer wait time...

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
So, in theory, the more optioned the build, the more likelihood of a longer wait time...
Just hard to know, though. Does anyone really know what part shortages Jeep may be facing? Sure in general, the fewer options you choose, the fewer variables at play and the better chance that all parts are available in time to build quickly. But as far as which options/configurations streamline the process, that's pretty much impossible to know without insider info.

I ordered my truck exactly how I wanted it, not thinking about delivery timeline. And that means lots of options! But I'd rather wait an extra month for delivery, and know I'll have exactly the build I wanted for the next few years of ownership.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
No.
Know one knows. Those who do aren't talking.

The theories we've had were less options faster production due to less parts or higher trims faster production due to more $$$ in FCAs pocket.

I ordered about the strippiest stripper you can get and it took 15 weeks while fully loaded Rubi's flew out the door and at the same time there are still some waiting for loaded rigs.
Sponsored