Sponsored

mksalvini

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Firecracker Red Sahara
Ordered my 22 Sahara yesterday and they told me 12-16 weeks. Are they lying?
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
They're telling you what FCA is saying, but clearly from some of the 2021 buyers who've been waiting for half a year, that could be optimistic.

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
It seems quite clear that dealers are making a wild-ass guess when they give a delivery timeframe right now, particularly when 2022s haven't started production yet. Typically they'll have a little bit of an idea from experience, but in 2021 we've seen such a wide range of delivery times that there's little "rule of thumb" to follow no matter how long they've been in the business.

TheBroncoSux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future '22 Firecracker Red Rubicon 4xe
Isn't tomorrow supposed to be the day the '22 Wranglers begin production?

Sponsored

JayDudya

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porsche 911, 2022 JLUR
Isn't tomorrow supposed to be the day the '22 Wranglers begin production?
A couple posts in this thread from people who know people have proved dates of the 6th, 9th, or 15th.

I checked with Jeep Chat last night and all they could say is they've been told Q4 of this year. So hopefully production starts tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
i don’t think they are lying but going by their recent experience.
when I placed my order, the dealer explained the timeline but also told me what his specific experience has been lately. Ultimately it’s going to be whatever its going to be, based on when they start building the ‘22s, the specifics of what you ordered and parts availability.

Klong

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Charger r/t, 2022 Wrangler Rubicon,
The 2021 production through Jeep has been all over the place with deliveries. Seeing posts, some people are getting theirs real fast and the next is 20 weeks plus. Let’s hope the 22 production year goes a lot smoother and timely. :headbang:

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
A couple posts in this thread from people who know people have proved dates of the 6th, 9th, or 15th.

I checked with Jeep Chat last night and all they could say is they've been told Q4 of this year. So hopefully production starts tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.
Wow, JC really going out on a limb there.

Sponsored

HeygirlHey

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snazzberry Sahara Altitude (on order)
It seems quite clear that dealers are making a wild-ass guess when they give a delivery timeframe right now, particularly when 2022s haven't started production yet. Typically they'll have a little bit of an idea from experience, but in 2021 we've seen such a wide range of delivery times that there's little "rule of thumb" to follow no matter how long they've been in the business.
Yes, mine called me last week to excitedly tell me my '22 was already in production. :LOL: I think they're all just trying to keep the customers from coming by with pitchforks and saying whatever sounds great. So yes - telling you 12 - 16 weeks might be right, and might be wrong. They can only come back and claim "factory delays"...because it's truly NOT in the dealer's hands at all. We're all at the mercy of the factory and their build schedules. I'm not MAD at my sales guy for lying...it is what it is, and he's probably just passing on the info that people are passing on to him.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Yes, mine called me last week to excitedly tell me my '22 was already in production. :LOL: I think they're all just trying to keep the customers from coming by with pitchforks and saying whatever sounds great. So yes - telling you 12 - 16 weeks might be right, and might be wrong. They can only come back and claim "factory delays"...because it's truly NOT in the dealer's hands at all. We're all at the mercy of the factory and their build schedules. I'm not MAD at my sales guy for lying...it is what it is, and he's probably just passing on the info that people are passing on to him.
Sadly he totally lied to you. :mad:

Even the best dates we've saw said today was the day, then I believe FCA extended the date twice after that.

Also, if you look around you will see people who ordered their 21 before the cutoff and their's haven't even started production yet.

Not being Donny Downer, just saying it's gonna be awhile before the 22s starts.

My guess is there is HUGE internal pressure for that to happen before Jan 1, 2022

I wish we could get solid information from FCA itself. We won't, but I wish we would.

Hang in there it'll be here before you know it!

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
My salesman told me the same thing last week. "We have already gotten some 2022s." I wasn't a jerk to him but I also let him know that he didn't know what he was talking about. He looked into it and agreed, and had no idea RE 2022 production.
Sponsored