Sponsored

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ Sahara, 01 XJ Cherokee, 98 Grand Cherokee L
What are the chances the regular 3.6 V6 without E torque will be available with the auto trans like in the past, for the 2022 models?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Am I the only one who thinks they’ll keep the interior the same, I don’t think the wrangler needs an interior update, and when they did it in 2012 it was super outdated, I don’t think the new interior will need it
I would expect one for one of two reasons:
1. Either they still have lots of 8.4/7"/oldschool hardware laying around to keep clearing them out. They could keep selling Wranglers with the old system because people will keep buying it anyway.
2. Or they're running out of old stuff due to the chip shortages and have a large stock of the uconnect 5 platform.

Meh. Newer tech is always great. I wonder how they'd pull off the floating tablet look in a wrangler lol. I really don't wanna know.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
What are the chances the regular 3.6 V6 without E torque will be available with the auto trans like in the past, for the 2022 models?
Since May, one has been able to order Auto V6 non-etorque, but not in the Rubicon.

Sponsored

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ Sahara, 01 XJ Cherokee, 98 Grand Cherokee L
I'm happy to see the 3.6 etorque as an option again. That's what I'm hoping to get when I order a 2022. I've read too many negative reports about the tiny auxiliary battery.
I'm happy to see the 3.6 etorque as an option again. That's what I'm hoping to get when I order a 2022. I've read too many negative reports about the tiny auxiliary battery.
To be honest it seems that all the engine options, besides the hemi make me leery, especially coming from older jeeps with the reliable 4.0. We will see what 2022 will bring ....

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
To be honest it seems that all the engine options, besides the hemi make me leery, especially coming from older jeeps with the reliable 4.0. We will see what 2022 will bring ....
The Pentastar 3.6 has traditionally been a very reliable engine. It's the motorcycle battery that messes everything up.

Nailgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Why would they put just this date in the Canadian format but other dates in the next columns are in the US format. Makes no sense.
Yeah...confuses me all the time. Technically the Canadian system is supposed to be YYYY - MM - DD . I think very few people ever knew there was a difference. It's widely abused.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Yeah...confuses me all the time. Technically the Canadian system is supposed to be YYYY - MM - DD . I think very few people ever knew there was a difference. It's widely abused.
FYI the dates in this thread are not in Canadian format. April 8 was the last day for fleet orders.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
With the addition of the XR package at the tail end of 2021, it seems very unlikely that Jeep has anything major planned for 2022. I would expect several new colors.

Chief
Nacho
Hellayella
Gecko

All are likely gone for 2022. Billet Silver will probably come back, but that still leaves holes in the color line-up. Best guess is that Earl, from the Farout concept, will be one.

1627326837445.png
I kind of thought the 2022s were coming sooner than later after hearing about the XR package going into production in Aug. I think the XR is probably the "big" news for 2022s? I am hoping for a couple of new colors. Earl is rumored. I would like maybe a lighter colored metallic gray to replace Granite. Or a darker silver to replace Billet Silver. I would like to see a tan like Gobi also.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything is possible. Espacially with shortages of certain components. Jeep has switch ESS and eTorque around before with very little notice even without parts shortages.

Honestly I think a lot of people would like to see a shortage of BOTH ESS and eTorque components to be rid of them all together. :LOL:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would expect one for one of two reasons:
1. Either they still have lots of 8.4/7"/oldschool hardware laying around to keep clearing them out. They could keep selling Wranglers with the old system because people will keep buying it anyway.
2. Or they're running out of old stuff due to the chip shortages and have a large stock of the uconnect 5 platform.

Meh. Newer tech is always great. I wonder how they'd pull off the floating tablet look in a wrangler lol. I really don't wanna know.
Anything is possible with the chip shortages. It might boil down to whatever they can get to keep production moving? This article mentioned shortages for some infotainment systems among other things for the Gladiator. As a result they are shutting down Gladiator production to keep Wrangler production going.

"A global shortage of microchips is hitting more truck production, with the Jeep Gladiator its latest victim.

Stellantis NV's Toledo South Assembly Plant in Ohio will halt production of the midsize pickup next week. It's the first time scarcity of the semiconductors used in consumer electronics, including vehicles' assisted driving functions, infotainment and heated seats, has stopped production of the Gladiator."

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5422071001

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Not exactly sure too how to read this chart, my order was sent to FCA on July 12th, if the order isnt accepted before Aug 8th, it will be build as a 2022?

Hotspots

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S 2-Door
I'm still slightly confused on this. I was planning on ordering a 2021 JL Sport S this weekend August 7th (I work during the week). Does this mean that I now cannot make that order? Or will the 2022's be available to order? Or will I just have to wait longer for delivery from the factory? What do these numbers mean as a regular customer?
Sponsored