Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Am I reading this correctly… 4.88s are available with manual transmission???
If I did not have my Bronco vin my order for the 2dr Rubicon 4.88 stick would be in already.
Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
If I did not have my Bronco vin my order for the 2dr Rubicon 4.88 stick would be in already.
The 4.88s definitely peak my interest for considering the manual. I was all set on the Auto just for the fact that Autos are easier off roading especially when it comes to super technical stuff and rock crawling. The 4.88s definitely should make the 3.6 feel a lot stronger and handle much bigger tires better.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
The 4.88s definitely peak my interest for considering the manual. I was all set on the Auto just for the fact that Autos are easier off roading especially when it comes to super technical stuff and rock crawling. The 4.88s definitely should make the 3.6 feel a lot stronger and handle much bigger tires better.
Manual is so much fun to drive. Auto is so boring. Haha.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep has the Orange Peelz concept on the order guide cover and also offering 4.88s? Um🤔 I wonder if an XR package or something is in the works. Or are they just making it better for the Mopar 2" lift and tires we will add? Hard to think the 4.88s are just for the 33s!! I really hope something is in the works. It almost makes it worth maybe waiting to order for a while to see what shakes out!?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Jeep has the Orange Peelz concept on the order guide cover and also offering 4.88s? Um🤔 I wonder if an XR package or something is in the works. Or are they just making it better for the Mopar 2" lift and tires we will add? Hard to think the 4.88s are just for the 33s!! I really hope something is in the works. It almost makes it worth maybe waiting to order for a while to see what shakes out!?
Time waiting is time not enjoying your new Jeep. Why wait for a possible maybe future upgrade? If you want 35’s, why wait for Jeep to maybe do it, and be stuck with their tire choice (I’ll admit I am not a KO2 fan at all)? Order what you want and put whatever tires you want on it. I sold our stock 33” ko2’s for $600 with 15k miles on them. Brand new you could likely get $1k for them. Goes a long way toward the 35’s of YOUR choice.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Time waiting is time not enjoying your new Jeep. Why wait for a possible maybe future upgrade? If you want 35’s, why wait for Jeep to maybe do it, and be stuck with their tire choice (I’ll admit I am not a KO2 fan at all)? Order what you want and put whatever tires you want on it. I sold our stock 33” ko2’s for $600 with 15k miles on them. Brand new you could likely get $1k for them. Goes a long way toward the 35’s of YOUR choice.
I'm only thinking out loud. Not even saying I would wait. I'm only speculating something may be in the works being that they are offering 4.88s..

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I'm only thinking out loud. Not even saying I would wait. I'm only speculating something may be in the works being that they are offering 4.88s..
I think it’s just to counter Broncos base manual crawl ratio, being that it is only available on the manual.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I think it’s just to counter Broncos base manual crawl ratio, being that it is only available on the manual.
Could be. Either way it's definitely better for folks who want to go 35s or even 37s.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Could be. Either way it's definitely better for folks who want to go 35s or even 37s.
It's too bad they didn't offer a couple gear choices across all lines when the JL was introduced in 2018. A 4:10 for Sport/Saharas, 4:56 for Rubicons (and those 2 gears standard for 6MTs in those models). Even way back in 1992 when we ordered our Dodge Ram we had a couple gear ratio choices, sheesh!!!

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
It's too bad they didn't offer a couple gear choices across all lines when the JL was introduced in 2018. A 4:10 for Sport/Saharas, 4:56 for Rubicons (and those 2 gears standard for 6MTs in those models). Even way back in 1992 when we ordered our Dodge Ram we had a couple gear ratio choices, sheesh!!!
Unfortunately it took the Bronco coming along to push Jeep to this!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Well near as I can tell, had I waited 6 months to order mine, it would have cost me a few extra bucks for the exact same vehicle. The only thing I see that I want is the 4.88 gears but those are not avail with the 2.0T/auto so it doesn’t matter

As some have said, maybe the XR is in the works for the 2Dr. Im guessing attorneys and potential roll overs from the extra height and short wheelbase might hold that up if not prevent it entirely.

Bottom line for ME, is Im glad I ordered when I did. Only regret is not getting it sooner.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Well near as I can tell, had I waited 6 months to order mine, it would have cost me a few extra bucks for the exact same vehicle. The only thing I see that I want is the 4.88 gears but those are not avail with the 2.0T/auto so it doesn’t matter

As some have said, maybe the XR is in the works for the 2Dr. Im guessing attorneys and potential roll overs from the extra height and short wheelbase might hold that up if not prevent it entirely.

Bottom line for ME, is Im glad I ordered when I did. Only regret is not getting it sooner.
We are somewhere north of 10 Jeeps over the years and the 2 major regrets are the ones we didn't buy and getting rid of the ones we did. Analysis paralysis only prevents you from enjoying off road adventures with the family. Waiting for the latest and greatest only means more disappointment. You finally buy after months or years of waiting and they release a feature you really wish you had. Your waiting was either all for nothing or you didn't wait long enough. I'd love to have bought a 4xe for less than our 2019 jlur after the tax incentives, but we would have missed out on so many great trips waiting. Jump in with both feet and start making memories.
Sponsored