First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
We are somewhere north of 10 Jeeps over the years and the 2 major regrets are the ones we didn't buy and getting rid of the ones we did. Analysis paralysis only prevents you from enjoying off road adventures with the family. Waiting for the latest and greatest only means more disappointment. You finally buy after months or years of waiting and they release a feature you really wish you had. Your waiting was either all for nothing or you didn't wait long enough. I'd love to have bought a 4xe for less than our 2019 jlur after the tax incentives, but we would have missed out on so many great trips waiting. Jump in with both feet and start making memories.
Yes. Exactly.
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Jeep has the Orange Peelz concept on the order guide cover and also offering 4.88s? UmšŸ¤” I wonder if an XR package or something is in the works. Or are they just making it better for the Mopar 2" lift and tires we will add? Hard to think the 4.88s are just for the 33s!! I really hope something is in the works. It almost makes it worth maybe waiting to order for a while to see what shakes out!?
I think XR across all trims is on the horizon. But due to Fordā€™s failure to deliver, I donā€™t think Jeep feels a need to rush it. I wouldnā€™t hold out for it. Great option if it comes, but who knows if or when weā€™d actually see it.

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
Nice! I'm really drooling for a 4.88 + manual 2dr rubicon. I was tempted to go 4dr when the XR came out, but man 33" tires with 2dr and 4.88 sounds like just the ticket for me. I change my mind all the time, but this looking really good to me.

antonc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Nice! I'm really drooling for a 4.88 + manual 2dr rubicon. I was tempted to go 4dr when the XR came out, but man 33" tires with 2dr and 4.88 sounds like just the ticket for me. I change my mind all the time, but this looking really good to me.
Aren't 4.88s really meant for a larger tire?
Genuinely asking as I have no idea.

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
Aren't 4.88s really meant for a larger tire?
Genuinely asking as I have no idea.
I had 5.13 with 32"s and was fun! Basically means in 2hi you can beat corvettes off the line. šŸ˜„ You are right, lower gearing is usually when going larger diameter tires. But with 33", 4.88 gears are pretty sweet if your into rock crawling.

Sponsored

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
I asked in the wrong thread, so Iā€™ll ask here since no reply.

Soooo based on the we wonā€™t be able to order the Willyā€™s Sport with either premium soft top, correct?

I wanted 2022 JL (2door) WS Manual, w/AC premium top and tow.

When I ordered my 2016 Sport I only added AC and premium top. Love the premium top.

Itā€™s not just the money to move up to a Willy. Itā€™s the only that that appeals to me is the LED headlights. Which obvious can do after market on the WS. Have not missed pwr window or doors. And while the bigger screen would be nice, Iā€™d rather do after market like I did in my Sport.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for posting this, @JAY .

I'll get busy and update or create the "Interactive Spreadsheet" in the next couple days.

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I asked in the wrong thread, so Iā€™ll ask here since no reply.

Soooo based on the we wonā€™t be able to order the Willyā€™s Sport with either premium soft top, correct?

I wanted 2022 JL (2door) WS Manual, w/AC premium top and tow.

When I ordered my 2016 Sport I only added AC and premium top. Love the premium top.

Itā€™s not just the money to move up to a Willy. Itā€™s the only that that appeals to me is the LED headlights. Which obvious can do after market on the WS. Have not missed pwr window or doors. And while the bigger screen would be nice, Iā€™d rather do after market like I did in my Sport.
I've seen brand new complete premium tops takeoffs on Craigslist for $600. I was tempted to get it as a spare since it was tan and would give me two premium tops, one in each color.

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
I've seen brand new complete premium tops takeoffs on Craigslist for $600. I was tempted to get it as a spare since it was tan and would give me two premium tops, one in each color.
Really? I had checked prices from Mopar. And ridiculous. Iā€™ll have to look.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I love the 2-door. I am on the fence between a another 2-door Rubicon and a Willys. I am pricing both out. Looks like the parts and chip shortages are still causing some options to be restricted.

Dealer is having a problem configuring the proximity door locks on the Willys. You can't get the Proximity door locks on a Willys without the dual door group.

The Proximity locks are standard on the Rubicon and no issues getting them on it.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Another day of no Earl. My watch continues.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

We are somewhere north of 10 Jeeps over the years and the 2 major regrets are the ones we didn't buy and getting rid of the ones we did. Analysis paralysis only prevents you from enjoying off road adventures with the family. Waiting for the latest and greatest only means more disappointment. You finally buy after months or years of waiting and they release a feature you really wish you had. Your waiting was either all for nothing or you didn't wait long enough. I'd love to have bought a 4xe for less than our 2019 jlur after the tax incentives, but we would have missed out on so many great trips waiting. Jump in with both feet and start making memories.
This right here ^^^

When I ordered mine I knew the Gladiator was coming, knew the Bronco was coming, assumed the next gen 4Runner would be out by now (still isn't), and went ahead & bought her anyway. Have had over 3 years amazing fun & exploring at this point. Waiting is for suckers, go live life now, chop chop quick like a bunny

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL (2-Door) ORDER GUIDE [Updated Monthly] IMG_6007.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL (2-Door) ORDER GUIDE [Updated Monthly] unnamed

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL (2-Door) ORDER GUIDE [Updated Monthly] IMG_8001.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL (2-Door) ORDER GUIDE [Updated Monthly] IMG-3350.GIF

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL (2-Door) ORDER GUIDE [Updated Monthly] IMG_6013

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL (2-Door) ORDER GUIDE [Updated Monthly] IMG_8040.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL (2-Door) ORDER GUIDE [Updated Monthly] IMG_8065.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler JL (2-Door) ORDER GUIDE [Updated Monthly] SMALL_IMG_6042

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I read " Analysis paralysis " as ANAL PARALYSIS " and am still cleaning up Snorted Coffee...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I see the 7" screen is now standard but not the Tech pkg? I thought those were one and the same.
All the options I added to my 2021 build are all still optional.
What's included in the Tech Package for a Sport S or Willys?
Sponsored