Sponsored

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Anybody know if the diesel has a higher towing capacity than the other engine choices? Or is it 3,500 pounds for the four door model?

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
Kinda bummed about the premium audio and 8.4" radio being standard now considering we bought a '21 😔

Well, the "included" upgrade comes at the cost of an increased base price for the 2022.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Well, the "included" upgrade comes at the cost of an increased base price for the 2022.
The price increase for the ‘22 is less than the cost of the now included upgrades. For example: the premium audio & 8.4” Nav was ~$2k on the ‘21s and the Sahara logo leather seats were $1,750. The Saharas also now include the proximity keyless entry, a $695 option previously. My ‘22 came in almost $2k less than the exact same ‘21 I was going to order.

Sponsored

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
The price increase for the ‘22 is less than the cost of the now included upgrades. For example: the premium audio & 8.4” Nav was ~$2k on the ‘21s and the Sahara logo leather seats were $1,750. The Saharas also now include the proximity keyless entry, a $695 option previously. My ‘22 came in almost $2k less than the exact same ‘21 I was going to order.

I know, I was simply trying to make him feel better. :CWL:

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Does anyone know when the is combo will be available and if the 2 door can be had with it?
While the Jeep site likely doesn't show this, you can order the 4.88s on a 2dr with the manual. Check the current guides posted in the ordering section to see what all is available. There is an interactive spreadsheet in that section, as well.

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
So Off-Road Plus is basically "Selec-Speed" with some added bonuses in the mix?

Sponsored

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys and a 2010 Rubicon
2022 Jeep Wrangler Fact Sheet

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.15.36 PM.jpg

December 20, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The iconic Jeep® Wrangler – the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world – delivers unmatched off-road capability and is produced with 80 years of 4x4 engineering experience.

Powertrain options include a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine integrated with two electric motors and a 400-volt battery pack (4xe), 6.4-liter V-8 HEMI® engine (Rubicon 392), 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine with engine stop-start (ESS) technology and 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 with ESS or mild-hybrid e-Torque technology. Also available on Wrangler four-door models is a 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine with ESS.

Wrangler continues to offer a body-on-frame design, front and rear five-link suspension system, solid axles, electronic lockers and is one of the few SUVs to offer a six-speed manual transmission in addition to its available eight-speed automatic. A multitude of technology features, such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and safety features, such as Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection, adaptive cruise control and Forward Collision Warning-Plus, further Wrangler’s appeal.

New for 2022:
  • 4.88 axle ratio available on Rubicon models with the 3.6-liter V-6, equipped with either the 8-speed automatic (late availability) or 6-speed manual, delivering a 100:1 crawl ratio from the factory
  • Remote Proximity Keyless Entry standard on Sahara and Rubicon (included in optional Technology Group for other models)
  • Premium audio with 8.4-inch touchscreen standard on Sahara and Rubicon
  • 7-inch touchscreen radio standard on Sport and Sport S (excluding two-door without A/C)
  • Blue tow hooks standard on Sahara 4xe
  • Blue pad print added to all 4xe wheels
  • High Altitude 4xe gets new 20-inch wheel design and exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals
  • Standard cabin filter that removes 95% of air particulates
  • Updated exterior color:
  • Silver Zynith (replaces Billet Silver)
Highlights:
  • Optional Xtreme Recon package, available on Willys four-door 3.6-liter automatic with eTorque, Rubicon four-door 3.6-liter automatic with eTorque and Rubicon 392 models, includes LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrain tires, 17-by-8-inch beadlock capable wheels, 4.56:1 axle ratio, swing gate reinforcement and 1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks
  • The Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop, available on all Wrangler models, offers a front-row soft top that quickly and easily flips back for an enhanced open-air driving experience
  • Available on Sport S, Sahara and Rubicon models, the windshield with Corning Gorilla Glass uses the same chemical-strengthening technology as cell phone screens. The combination of an ultra-thin Gorilla Glass inner ply with a 52% thicker outer ply makes this windshield lightweight, durable, and up to three times more resistant to chips, cracks and fractures from stones and off-road debris
  • Dual-Door Group, with base or premium uppers, includes both full and half doors. Full-steel production doors are installed on the Wrangler while matching body-color half doors are conveniently packaged within the vehicle. Engineered, tested and backed by the factory, the new half-door option enhances the Jeep Wrangler driving experience with production styling, security and occupant protection. With lower window ledges, new half doors provide improved visibility while maneuvering on and off road
  • Factory-backed, doors-off mirror kit for Wrangler is specifically engineered and tested to original-equipment standards, providing a production-equivalent field of view with minimal vibration. Each mirror in the kit attaches to a cowl-end cap bolt and the upper door hinge. In addition, an innovative, custom thumb wheel-nut-clamp is used as an attachment point to the door flange. Mounting brackets are finished with an anti-corrosion undercoat and durable black powder-coat finish. Mirrors include a built-in breakaway feature that prevents damage while in tight spaces on the road or trail
  • Wrangler models offer the TrailCam forward-facing off-road camera with the 8.4-inch touchscreen, accessible through the available Off-road Pages
  • Off-Road Plus, standard on Wrangler Rubicon, adjusts throttle, transmission shift points and traction control
  • Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case with full-time four-wheel drive and a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio is available on Sport models
  • Rock-Trac 4x4 system with full-time four-wheel drive and a “4LO” ratio of 4:1 optional on Rubicon models
  • The Jeep Wrangler 4xe powertrain integrates two electric motors and a 400-volt battery pack with a fuel-efficient, turbocharged, four-cylinder engine and TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, delivering 49 MPGe and 21 miles of all-electric range. This configuration maximizes the efficiency of the hybrid propulsion components and mates them with Wrangler’s world-renowned and proven driveline
  • Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 four-door model offers a 6.4-liter V-8 HEMI engine, rated at 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. To handle the increased torque, the HEMI V-8 pairs to a TorqueFlite 8HP75 eight-speed automatic transmission
  • Best-in-class approach angle of 47.4 degrees, departure angle of 40.4 degrees, ground clearance of 12.9 inches and water fording of 33.6 inches help the Jeep Wrangler with Xtreme Recon Package scale the toughest terrain
  • Standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, standard with ESS, and a six-speed manual transmission. Wrangler’s 3.6-liter
  • Pentastar V-6 engine is available with mild-hybrid eTorque technology and an eight-speed automatic transmission
  • Available 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine with ESS delivers 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque
  • Wrangler four-door models offer an available 3.0-liter V-6 EcoDiesel engine with ESS, rated at 260 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque. To handle the increased torque, the EcoDiesel V-6 pairs to a TorqueFlite 8HP75 eight-speed automatic transmission, calibrated for low-RPM shifts
  • Available on Wrangler four-door models, Sky One-touch Power-Top allows occupants to open or close the Wrangler’s roof with a push of a button. The Sky One-touch Power-Top can be used at speeds up to 60 mph
  • Wrangler models feature lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders and windshield frame, as well as a magnesium swing gate, to help reduce weight and boost fuel economy
  • The capable driveline of the Sport and Sahara models include the Command-Trac NV241 part-time, two-speed transfer case, which features a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio and next-generation Dana front and rear axles. In addition, an optional Trac-Lok limited-slip rear differential provides extra torque and grip in low-traction environments, such as sand, mud or snow
  • Wrangler Sport and Sahara models offer a Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case with full-time four-wheel drive and a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio. This full-time two-speed transfer case is intuitive and allows the driver to set it and forget it, while constantly sending power to the front and rear wheels
  • The Wrangler Rubicon model features Dana 44 front and rear heavy-duty axles, enhanced off-road rock rails and the Rock-Trac NV241 two-speed or optional full-time transfer case with a 4:1 low-range gear ratio. Wrangler Rubicon also includes electric front and rear locking differentials, a disconnecting front sway bar and 33-inch BF Goodrich KM all-terrain tires, taking Wrangler to places others simply can’t go
  • Jeep Wrangler’s signature features include iconic round headlamps, seven-slot keystone grille, trapezoid wheel flares, removable doors, exposed hinges with the Torx tool-bit size stamped into it, a fold-down windshield and innovative removable tops that allow the Wrangler to retain the brand’s iconic appearance and function
  • Fourth-generation Uconnect system includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the choice of a 7.0- or 8.4-inch touchscreen with pinch-and-zoom capability. A 5.0-inch screen is standard on Sport two-door models without A/C
  • Standard electronic stability control (ESC), electronic roll mitigation, trailer-sway control,
  • Hill-start Assist and brake traction control are among more than 75 available safety and security features

Model Lineup

For 2022, the Wrangler lineup consists of seven models:
  • Sport
  • Sport S
  • Sahara (four-door only)
  • Rubicon
  • Sahara 4xe (four-door only)
  • Rubicon 4xe (four-door only)
  • Rubicon 392 (four-door only)
Available Exterior Colors:
  • Bright White
  • Granite Crystal
  • Silver Zynith
  • Black
  • Firecracker Red
  • Sting Gray
  • Hydro Blue
  • Sarge Green
  • Tuscadero (limited availability)

Available Interior Colors:
  • Black
  • Black/Dark Saddle
  • Heritage Tan
So what I can understand from this the extreme recon package is still available with the automatic but not the manual transmission is that correct I ordered on the 15th of October my extreme recon package I knew at that time it was only available with the automatic transmission so is that still true? Also there was no mention of the 4:88 with the extreme recon package only the 4:56 is that still true?

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
No grey interior?
It's available on the high altitudes
How in the hell is that not an available leather/dash option on every model?? That would look amazing with Granite, Sting-Gray or Zynith, Earl, etc on a Sahara or Rubicon. For a car with over a dozen trim levels, I'm kinda frustrated that I can't buy a 2-door Sahara at all, or even upgrade to a Rubicon with grey interior, even though that's 100% possible :(

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Anybody know if the diesel has a higher towing capacity than the other engine choices? Or is it 3,500 pounds for the four door model?
Nope, still 3500lbs.

I figured that would be the case.

Does that mean the alpine stereo speakers etc? Or just the head unit?
Premium audio as well it seems

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
So what I can understand from this the extreme recon package is still available with the automatic but not the manual transmission is that correct I ordered on the 15th of October my extreme recon package I knew at that time it was only available with the automatic transmission so is that still true? Also there was no mention of the 4:88 with the extreme recon package only the 4:56 is that still true?
Exactly true. no recon manual and 4.88 only on manual as a substitute gear option for folks who really wanted the manual for a base build without having to regear. My complaint is how much Jeep you need to buy before even being allowed to choose either option as I wanted to start with a base sport but Jeep doesn't allow that. On the plus side for you the 4.56 isn't too far off from 4.88 compared to a 3.45 base so enjoy that awesome recon on the way !

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Yeah I understand bad for you but good if you get a 2022. I have got a couple quotes at 4% under invoice and the 2022 Rubicon XR is less money than the comparable 2021.
Me too. In fact, with the market the way it is, I'm selling my 2021 JLR and buying the exact same (but 2022) vehicle...except adding 4.88 gears. I'm "making" about $2,000 and will have a current model with zero miles and better gearing. All (except one) option I had on my 2021 are standard on the 2022.
Sponsored