gato

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I find it odd they used a 1.5" lift instead of the Mopar 2" lift. Should we read between the lines and if the 1.5" lift is better will it be offered?
I keep seeing this repeatedly. I think people misunderstand what Mopar and many otter aftermarket suppliers mean when they say 2" lift kit.

First, the Mopar lift kit is 2" over the Rubicon, which already sits ˜1"+ higher than a non-Rubicon Jeep. So now we are at a 3"+ lift. Second, it is 2" on a fully loaded vehicle (steel bumpers, hard top, etc), with some provision for aftermarket equipment (e.g. winch, etc). So that put's you in the neighborhood of a 4" lift if you install it on a non-Rubicon model.

1.5" vs ˜4" is a completely different proposition.

Now, some companies like Rancho and Superlift for example will list different lift kits for Rubicon and non-Rubicon models to better inform buyers.

So, this 1.5" of lift on this Willys, is probably more like ˜0.5"-1" higher than a regular Rubicon. Not even in the ball park of what you'd get with a Mopar lift.
Advertisement

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 11 Ram 1500, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk
35s on a unlimited looks like 32s on a Jeep, I mean 2 door.

RubiJR

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I keep seeing this repeatedly. I think people misunderstand what Mopar and many otter aftermarket suppliers mean when they say 2" lift kit.

First, the Mopar lift kit is 2" over the Rubicon, which already sits ˜1"+ higher than a non-Rubicon Jeep. So now we are at a 3"+ lift. Second, it is 2" on a fully loaded vehicle (steel bumpers, hard top, etc), with some provision for aftermarket equipment (e.g. winch, etc). So that put's you in the neighborhood of a 4" lift if you install it on a non-Rubicon model.

Now, some companies like Rancho and Superlift for example will list different lift kits for Rubicon and non-Rubicon models to better inform buyers.

So, this 1.5" of lift on this Willys, is probably more like ˜0.5"-1" higher than a regular Rubicon. Not even in the ball park of what you'd get with a Mopar lift.

I thought the we were talking about Rubicon xtreme recon? I was just stating but really don't know if they put on a 2" Mopar lift and just called it a 1.5" It comes with different shocks so I'll wait to see what else is different. Any lift and weight added is going to alter your end dimensions but it's fun to talk about

jellis4148

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Does the XR come with Iron or Aluminum knuckles?

rmenley

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

So the recon pkg on the Willy’s actually comes with a suspension that’s more stout than the stock rubicon (front wide 44 axle with iron knuckles, HD brakes, etc) and it also comes with the high line flares, so it’s a little different situation. The recon pkg comes with slightly longer coils which are essentially the same coils on the 392. So the height of a Willys recon and a rubi recon are going to be the same. Jeep isn’t putting that much effort into different suspensions on the pkg. be too difficult to mass produce.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler
So the recon pkg on the Willy’s actually comes with a suspension that’s more stout than the stock rubicon (front wide 44 axle with iron knuckles, HD brakes, etc) and it also comes with the high line flares, so it’s a little different situation. The recon pkg comes with slightly longer coils which are essentially the same coils on the 392. So the height of a Willys recon and a rubi recon are going to be the same. Jeep isn’t putting that much effort into different suspensions on the pkg. be too difficult to mass produce.
This may mean a Willys XR buyer will get more for that $4,000 than a 392 XR buyer.

Advertisement

TopLift Pros

Advertisement