Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
I believe the cheapest Willys XR would be around $45,500 at Invoice! , after adding the XR package, the tech group ($900) which I believe is required but may not be and the V6/Auto, and it would have to be White. If you don't want white, cheapest would be ~$45,750 Invoice.
I just looked at the pricing guide that is link and canā€™t see how you guys are coming up with any resemblance of an accurate model, option List, price. There is both the Willys and Willys sport with a decent price difference and option list difference.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just looked at the pricing guide that is link and canā€™t see how you guys are coming up with any resemblance of an accurate model, option List, price. There is both the Willys and Willys sport with a decent price difference and option list difference.
Itā€™s a little confusing, but I was able to find a few posts in that thread to help decode it. For me the hardest thing to understand/is required equipment when you add things in. Like adding the cold weather group requires adding the convenience group as well.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s my point. Until you sit down with a salesman and build a bare bones Willys Sport XR itā€™s guessing. The original post / article listed it for ā€œ$40,903ā€ ($41k) see thread title .. within this thread it has now progressed, exaggerated and debated to be under $40k. Where did that come from?
Iā€™d say a Willys Sport with softtop and 1/2 doors only, as pictured in the article, like were available on the JKs, you would have some very competitive pricing for a killer package.

It is also possible that they may only lift the Willys, 35ā€ tires and put the gears and cast knuckles in the original Willys M186 and M200 differentials which would bring the package cost down. I just canā€™t see them putting HD gladiator axles that have lockers under it without have the lockers active. There are no open diffs available for the Rubicon axles as far as Iā€™m aware, unless of course the Gladiator Sport has a wide track open rear diff.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
I saw the order package for the XR it states 210m/220m wide track axles with rear limited slip for all non rubiconā€™s so itā€™s probably the Gladiator sport Max tow axle which is Rubicon axle non lockers

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I went back to the video and he introduced at a ā€œWillys Extreme Recon 392ā€. Didnā€™t want to reread the thread, but did anyone else catch that?

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I went back to the video and he introduced at a ā€œWillys Extreme Recon 392ā€. Didnā€™t want to reread the thread, but did anyone else catch that?
Yes, he misspoke, that will never happen

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Didnā€™t think so. But after introducing it as so he gives itā€™s starting price. I think he doesnā€™t know his product, at all. And Jeep needs to edit that video.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Thatā€™s my point. Until you sit down with a salesman and build a bare bones Willys Sport XR itā€™s guessing.
This issue is that based on the current order guides, you cannot order the XR on a Willys Sport. XR is currently only available with the Willys, which starts at a slightly higher price point. The Willys Sport XR is simply not an option at this time.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
This issue is that based on the current order guides, you cannot order the XR on a Willys Sport. XR is currently only available with the Willys, which starts at a slightly higher price point. The Willys Sport XR is simply not an option at this time.
my bad I just deleted my post you are absolutely correct I reread the order guide and it doesnā€™t list the AGB under the Willys sport, but in the XR package it does say it doesnā€™t exclude the 25K engine so I was assuming Sorry!! But again my guess is this will be updated to be included with the Willys sport with the December guide or January one since they have advertised a Willys XR at below 40K which can only be a manual transmission Willys Sport. Personally I will be ordering a Willys Sport XR but with the Auto tranny!

Last edited:

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
my bad I just deleted my post you are absolutely correct I reread the order guide and it doesnā€™t list the AGB under the Willys sport, but in the XR package it does say it doesnā€™t exclude the 25K engine so I was assuming Sorry!! But again my guess is this will be updated to be included with the Willys sport with the December guide or January one since they have advertised a Willys XR at below 40K which can only be a manual transmission Willys Sport. Personally I will be ordering a Willys Sport XR but with the Auto tranny!
Itā€™s pretty clearly listed that itā€™s only available on the Willys. There is no order code for any other trim level.
Unless they have put out a revised Nov order guide. If thatā€™s the case, then I wasnā€™t aware and would be wrong. But looking at the order Nov order guide from this forum, it shows Willys only. Iā€™m sure others would be happy to see it on the Willys Sport trim now though. And my apologies if I missed an updated order guide.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep JL Willys Extreme Recon Announced for $40,930; Orders Open in October 57E80E41-D076-4E0B-9D5C-161F42E7AA2D

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Wouldn't it be nice if the effing dimwits at JEEP actually updated the website to allow you to build 2022 Jeeps? What's the point of building a 2021 Jeep a hundred ways that you cannot order. Their communication beyond sucks!

Meanwhile, I wait on my 2022 JLUR-XR šŸ˜¬

Last edited:

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Rubicon XR wonā€™t be here till at least March. Oh well I was warned when I ordered that it would be 20-24 weeks so there is no surprise there.