Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Exactly. As best I can tell, to spec a Willys (non-sport, since the one they’re showing off has the 8.4” radio, cold weather group, LED tails, etc.) similarly equipped at today’s price is already nearly $57,000.

Assuming the package does cost around $4,000, that’s at least a $60,000 Jeep they’re showing off.

6FC39401-5D27-4F8F-B43A-ACA3771951A2.jpeg
I agree these Wranglers are getting really expensive really quick. Jeep will keep bumping prices up as long as demand is there.
Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
The one thing about the WILLYS I personally do not like are the MTs that come on it.

The K02 ATs are a great tire and will be better on-road than the MTs. Much quieter and smoother driving. A LOT better in winter and wet also.
I’ll second that. Mud Terrains are just plain dangerous for winter driving, due to snow pack.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The half doors on this is a lead- in to making your very own J6 ; remove rear seats, make a bulkhead ( or not), get the double tonneau , windstopper, and Roadster Top combo, aftermarket.
The rear half doors allow access to the new cargo area, and the wrap around Roadsters top gives some storage behind the front seats. Only configuration that would make me switch to a "four door"

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
People in the rocks will appreciate the 4:1. When i was in AZ with the rig in my profile pic i couldn't get more enough gearing. I would've loved having twin tcase like some Toyota rigs will do.

But then i moved to the swamps of Louisiana where we need a little more wheel speed for the trails, unlike a rock crawler. A 2.72 with lockers and perhaps a lower r&p would be great option. My Rubicon 4:1 with my 5:13 gearing was too low, believe it or not.

I'm learning there are lots of different wheeling styles and setups to consider. besides mega crawl ratios.

Honestly though i don't expect jeep to offer what I'm suggesting, at a reasonable price anyway.
That’s the beauty of the 8 speed, there’s so much gearing available. Final drive ratios from 77.4 to 1 (4lo rubicon with 4.10’s) all the way up to 11 to 1 in 4lo 8th gear. In 4 hi you’ve got everything from 19.7 to 1 in first gear up to 2.7 to 1 in 8th. There’s significant overlap now between hi and lo range thanks to this amazing transmission. Our 1st gear is so low I rarely use 4lo unless I am in the big rocks. 4lo 8th gear 11 to 1 is half way between 4hi 2nd gear 12.9 to 1 and 3rd gear 8.6 to 1. There are enough options with the auto that the 4-1 transfer case gears are virtually never the hindrance they used to be. It’s the same reason we can get away with stock 4.10’s and 37’s, still have plenty of gearing for the street, and plenty of crawl ratio in the rocks. 16 gears to choose from across a massive range.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
The half doors on this is a lead- in to making your very own J6 ; remove rear seats, make a bulkhead ( or not), get the double tonneau , windstopper, and Roadster Top combo, aftermarket.
The rear half doors allow access to the new cargo area, and the wrap around Roadsters top gives some storage behind the front seats. Only configuration that would make me switch to a "four door"
And their it is again. The mention of the J6 keeps coming up on this and other Jeep forums as well as the Bronco Forums. TFL's videos of the J6 are still getting likes and "take my money" comments. I'll take a 2022 J6 XR.

Sponsored

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
That’s the beauty of the 8 speed, there’s so much gearing available. Final drive ratios from 77.4 to 1 (4lo rubicon with 4.10’s) all the way up to 11 to 1 in 4lo 8th gear. In 4 hi you’ve got everything from 19.7 to 1 in first gear up to 2.7 to 1 in 8th. There’s significant overlap now between hi and lo range thanks to this amazing transmission. Our 1st gear is so low I rarely use 4lo unless I am in the big rocks. 4lo 8th gear 11 to 1 is half way between 4hi 2nd gear 12.9 to 1 and 3rd gear 8.6 to 1. There are enough options with the auto that the 4-1 transfer case gears are virtually never the hindrance they used to be. It’s the same reason we can get away with stock 4.10’s and 37’s, still have plenty of gearing for the street, and plenty of crawl ratio in the rocks. 16 gears to choose from across a massive range.
Very good points. I think I'm sold on purchasing a JL with the 8spd automatic. My 04 TJ Rubicon was 5spd manual and i loved it, but your points about the 8spd auto and it's broad range have me sold on the 8spd. My 99 TJ was 3spd auto and it didn't come close to the gear selections of the newer 8spd. 👍

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I liked the idea of a factory loft with this new package cause then when something goes wrong like your window won’t go up or your radio won’t turn on they can’t say, is thier a lift on it? Oh you have to go back to the lift installer.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Very good points. I think I'm sold on purchasing a JL with the 8spd automatic. My 04 TJ Rubicon was 5spd manual and i loved it, but your points about the 8spd auto and it's broad range have me sold on the 8spd. My 99 TJ was 3spd auto and it didn't come close to the gear selections of the newer 8spd. 👍
The old 3 speed auto made the manual the way to go. The new 8 speed, combined with the clutch issues of the current manual, make the auto the better choice in my opinion. The 2.0t and it's ability to pull even the steepest grades at elevation like none of our previous Jeeps is just icing on the cake. If I were in the market now, I'd likely go 4xe. The 8 speed auto plus the low rpm torque of an electric motor and the 2.0t would be nearly perfect for out use. The fact that the wife daily drives the jeep <30 miles per day make it all the more attractive. If she charged it at work, a tank of gas would last her a month. Right now our 2019 is too good and we have it dialed in for our use too well to deal with swapping.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Really? Damn? I like the idea of a factory lift. And yea, I’d only go 2door.

And the reason I like the idea of a factory lift, is my 2016 has had 3 significant engine issues (V6). Fortunately I’ve been able to talk them into covering. But I want to get back into warranty.

I know 4door probably out sell 2door 3/5-1. But really no reason not to offer similar packages.

Edit, double never mind. Playing around with the configuration on the 4door Rubicon, it looks like the EC is only available with automatic.

4door and auto is a deal killer.

If I can get the WS w/premium soft top, ill do that and consider the 2”Mopar lift.
if you are gonna run 33s I wouldnt lift the jeep. the JLs are a little taller than the JKs. if I were you id get Rubicon springs which will give you a really nice stance with 33s. or you can get a set of small spacers.

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
The one thing about the WILLYS I personally do not like are the MTs that come on it.

The K02 ATs are a great tire and will be better on-road than the MTs. Much quieter and smoother driving. A LOT better in winter and wet also.
I never was a Firestone fan either, especially after that Ford Exporer debacle. But....after putting 20k+ plus miles on these MT's on my '20 Willy's I have ZERO complaints! They have performed flawlessly in mud, rain, snow and ice!

I previously ran BFG AT's and Goodyear MTR and Durantrac's on my TJ all with good results too!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Firestone tires are very good and often overlooked. Their Destination AT and XT tires are worth a look to those who don’t want MTs

I thought that I would be done with the MTs quickly. But I really like them and the traction off road os outstanding. I like them better than the KMs on my JK. I’ve never had KM2 or KM3s, so I have no comparison to those.

I have 317/70/17 KO2s on my truck and they are hard to beat. I had many sets of KOs before that and found them very difficult to balance.

All tires are much better today than 20 years ago.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Just drive smarter, you should not have any issues.
I drive like an old man, and turn 50 this year. I have lived my whole life in Canadian provinces that have snow 7 months out of the year (sometimes more). I drive mostly highway, despising city life; but often working in one. I put on 80,000 km a year. I have the maximum number of merits a licensee can have. I haven’t been in an accident (apart from collisions with wildlife) since I was 16, and that was from a jerk who ran into me.

It ain’t about driving smarter. It is Mud Terrain tires: They are not made for snow. Their broad, deep treads pack full of snow and turn to ice, and then you have no grip whatsoever on the road. This is well documented. Mud Terrains are not all weather tires. Full stop.

https://knowhow.napaonline.com/winter-wheeling-can-you-use-mud-tires-in-snow/

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I drive like an old man, and turn 50 this year. I have lived my whole life in Canadian provinces that have snow 7 months out of the year (sometimes more). I drive mostly highway, despising city life; but often working in one. I put on 80,000 km a year. I have the maximum number of merits a licensee can have. I haven’t been in an accident (apart from collisions with wildlife) since I was 16, and that was from a jerk who ran into me.

It ain’t about driving smarter. It is Mud Terrain tires: They are not made for snow. Their broad, deep treads pack full of snow and turn to ice, and then you have no grip whatsoever on the road. This is well documented. Mud Terrains are not all weather tires. Full stop.

https://knowhow.napaonline.com/winter-wheeling-can-you-use-mud-tires-in-snow/truck.
Well, when I'm driving in DEEP snow, I want Mud Terrains NOT whatever NAPA tells me. AT's are swell, even sweller if you are following that plow truck.
Sponsored