First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Grand Cherokee Limited X | 2024 JLUR 2.0T AT
Occupation
Headshot Photographer
Yeah your missing the fact that the Willys you're referring to for that price is the Willys Sport with manual windows and locks. The regular Willys with power window locks and LED headlights with Extreme Recon will be $45k
Oh! LOL. Yeah I thought that was too good to be true! I didn’t see anything mentioning sport but I may have only been seeing what I wanted to see. I’ll get more use out of creature comforts daily than add ons monthly:)
Sponsored

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
I’m getting confused with all the discussion.

I’m waiting to order a 2022. My preference is the WS JL (with premium soft top). What is the ER edition cost for the WS 2door?

Honestly for my use, 35’s a bit to big. I have 33’s on my 2door 2016 JK and have worked well. But like the factory lift. I have a 2” Rancho in mine.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I would be foolish for Jeep to offer this with an M186 front axle, the failure rate would be too high. This may well be a bargain for many buyers.

There was a thread, probably still active about offering a Willys with a rear locker and optional gear ratios. Many argued that doing so would cut into Rubicon sales, well look at this offering, it goes above and beyond that.

Looking at the Rubicon flares, with added lips, I'd have to assume that the axles are the wide Rubicon axles. I doubt it will have a 4.1 transfer case, front locker or sway bar disconnect. But it would not srprise me if a rear locker was offered.

I don't see Rubicon sales suffering too much, as there is a certain prestige to the package that many can't resist. Then there are the few who use them as designed.
That open diff axle should be able to handle 35's with no problems.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I’m getting confused with all the discussion.

I’m waiting to order a 2022. My preference is the WS JL (with premium soft top). What is the ER edition cost for the WS 2door?

Honestly for my use, 35’s a bit to big. I have 33’s on my 2door 2016 JK and have worked well. But like the factory lift. I have a 2” Rancho in mine.
if you are going for a 2 door you cant get the XR package. if you are going for a 4 door coming from a 2door 33s are not going to feel the same. if I had a 4 door i would get 35in tires, but thats just me.

a 2 door with 33s is really good. if you are happy with it, stick with 33s. if you are going to switch to a 4 door I would seriously consider 35s.

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
I really like this option I've had a rubicon , sport & a Gladiator loved them all but i have been pleased with just a LSD in the rear for what i do. so i now have the Willys Diesel comes with LSD, big brakes M210/M220 narrow axles & a 8HP transmission. 373 gears running 285/75/17 tires which is really close to those KO2 35/12.5/17's 2.5' lift. i am so happy with the power & looks

washed.jpg

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Thank you for acknowledging that your previous statement was skewed and then continuing to miss the point. Both vehicles back in the day were boxy SUVS where the roof came off. I give Jeep credit in that Ford certainly copied their latest roof system and actually tried to improve it by making the sections smaller. Headlights are both round (you got me there) but the front ends are different visually and mechanically, the door system is different, the flares are shaped different.... they both have a roll cage... for legal purposes so there is really so much you can do there. So lets throw out everything about the Bronco's heritage with the boxy SUV with a removable roof just because their old school competitor is still around and the vehicles which were similar back then will be similar today. Didn't Chevy do that with the Blazer? Look how far that got them.
Which other broncos came in a 4 door? Lockers? Sway bar disconnects? Low range transfer cases? Nope, not a JL knock off at all. Let's ignore the blatant numbers 1 upping. Beat the JL in tire size by a little, water fording by a little, approach, departure, breakover angle all just barely one upped. Of course the XR package flipped all those numbers back to jeep anyway as cpoying someone else with a dash of 1 upping is easy.

joelskirsch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I’ve been waiting to order 22 Willys but now that this is an option I am REALLY considering it. Question for those who may have experience with the different types of tires. Will the all terrains on the XR be better or worse ON road than the mud terrains it comes with non-XR? I appreciate any help, research is more important than ever now without being able to test drive much.

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
A base rubicon but with the 2.72 t-case? Everyone wants something different, but a la cart, piece meal just isn't profitable which is why nobody does it. Everyone seems to think jeep would offer these Rubiconesque sports at sport prices. Even if they offered it, it would cost the same as the base rubicon, minus maybe $1,000, $1,500 if they drop the sway bar disco too. Why not just buy the base rubicon, and sell the tcase for $1,000 plus the other guys case if you don't want the 4-1? You'd have the build you want, without waiting for Jeep to maybe one day offer it, for the same money?
People in the rocks will appreciate the 4:1. When i was in AZ with the rig in my profile pic i couldn't get more enough gearing. I would've loved having twin tcase like some Toyota rigs will do.

But then i moved to the swamps of Louisiana where we need a little more wheel speed for the trails, unlike a rock crawler. A 2.72 with lockers and perhaps a lower r&p would be great option. My Rubicon 4:1 with my 5:13 gearing was too low, believe it or not.

I'm learning there are lots of different wheeling styles and setups to consider. besides mega crawl ratios.

Honestly though i don't expect jeep to offer what I'm suggesting, at a reasonable price anyway.

Sponsored

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
if you are going for a 2 door you cant get the XR package. if you are going for a 4 door coming from a 2door 33s are not going to feel the same. if I had a 4 door i would get 35in tires, but thats just me.

a 2 door with 33s is really good. if you are happy with it, stick with 33s. if you are going to switch to a 4 door I would seriously consider 35s.
Really? Damn? I like the idea of a factory lift. And yea, I’d only go 2door.

And the reason I like the idea of a factory lift, is my 2016 has had 3 significant engine issues (V6). Fortunately I’ve been able to talk them into covering. But I want to get back into warranty.

I know 4door probably out sell 2door 3/5-1. But really no reason not to offer similar packages.

Edit, double never mind. Playing around with the configuration on the 4door Rubicon, it looks like the EC is only available with automatic.

4door and auto is a deal killer.

If I can get the WS w/premium soft top, ill do that and consider the 2”Mopar lift.

Last edited:

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I really like this option I've had a rubicon , sport & a Gladiator loved them all but i have been pleased with just a LSD in the rear for what i do. so i now have the Willys Diesel comes with LSD, big brakes M210/M220 narrow axles & a 8HP transmission. 373 gears running 285/75/17 tires which is really close to those KO2 35/12.5/17's 2.5' lift. i am so happy with the power & looks

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep JL Willys Extreme Recon Announced for $40,930; Orders Open in October washed
This pic might have convinced me to buy a green jeep.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
A rear locker would be nice, but not a deal breaker. A winch and a Pull Pal will get you out of a lot of jams. I also like the Willys hood better than the fake vent Rubi hood.
I agree. I am a novice off-roader, but in the classes we took at a Pennsylvania off road park, he would not let us use our lockers. Only 4-lo. He wanted to teach us to rely on lockers only if all else failed. We did some pretty crazy intermediate stuff and nobody got stuck.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I’ve been waiting to order 22 Willys but now that this is an option I am REALLY considering it. Question for those who may have experience with the different types of tires. Will the all terrains on the XR be better or worse ON road than the mud terrains it comes with non-XR? I appreciate any help, research is more important than ever now without being able to test drive much.
The one thing about the WILLYS I personally do not like are the MTs that come on it.

The K02 ATs are a great tire and will be better on-road than the MTs. Much quieter and smoother driving. A LOT better in winter and wet also.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
We should ask ourselves how they’re arriving at this price. The $40,930 price (including destination) will be for the stripper Willys Sport model, not the upgraded Willys.

The Willys Sport currently starts at $36,125, including destination. The XR adds $3,995, which would bring it to $40,120. Currently, an eTorque V6 with an automatic would add $3,250 to the price. That would be $43,370. So Jeep’s $40,930 must be for the not-yet-available manual.

Thus, the cheapest XR you’ll be able to order in October will cost $43,370 (barring pricing changes). And remember: that’s for the stipper Willys Sport.
Exactly. As best I can tell, to spec a Willys (non-sport, since the one they’re showing off has the 8.4” radio, cold weather group, LED tails, etc.) similarly equipped at today’s price is already nearly $57,000.

Assuming the package does cost around $4,000, that’s at least a $60,000 Jeep they’re showing off.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep JL Willys Extreme Recon Announced for $40,930; Orders Open in October 6FC39401-5D27-4F8F-B43A-ACA3771951A2
Sponsored