Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
😂 😂 😂

By the way the willys comes with powerlocks and windows too. It is the willys sport that doesnt. Oh. And this comes with a solid front axle and real articulation.
Ohhh and it is a Jeep. Not a knockoff.
Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Yes the Bronco is similar to the Wrangler, yes the two will have some cross shopping between the general public, yes SFA will reign supreme when it comes to articulation... but to call it a "Knockoff" is historically wrong. Both vehicles have a long history that are actually tied together.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Yes the Bronco is similar to the Wrangler, yes the two will have some cross shopping between the general public, yes SFA will reign supreme when it comes to articulation... but to call it a "Knockoff" is historically wrong. Both vehicles have a long history that are actually tied together.
Lets not get started with this... sure if you want to go almost a century back lol.... As of today, the 2021 or 2100 Bronco (not sure what year the bronco is anymore) is a jeep JL knockoff. It was built to compete with the JL. They made it too similar and they compared it too much to the JL.

Go to the bronco6g forums and theyre always talking about the JL. It is Fords fault honestly, instead of building their own brand they went after Jeep too much. then Jeep said theres only one jeep. It makes the Bronco look like a knockoff, trying to be a Jeep.

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Seeing this in Sarge makes me happy. I will be upgrading next year.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Lets not get started with this... sure if you want to go almost a century back lol....
Thank you for acknowledging that your previous statement was skewed and then continuing to miss the point. Both vehicles back in the day were boxy SUVS where the roof came off. I give Jeep credit in that Ford certainly copied their latest roof system and actually tried to improve it by making the sections smaller. Headlights are both round (you got me there) but the front ends are different visually and mechanically, the door system is different, the flares are shaped different.... they both have a roll cage... for legal purposes so there is really so much you can do there. So lets throw out everything about the Bronco's heritage with the boxy SUV with a removable roof just because their old school competitor is still around and the vehicles which were similar back then will be similar today. Didn't Chevy do that with the Blazer? Look how far that got them.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
LOL!!!

For real. I have never seen anything quite like this.
Not a Bronco fan but seriously have you ever seen a car manufacturer release a brand new model at the same time a once in a century pandemic hits?

I think Ford coming out with the Bronco brought some good hard competition to Jeeps door step and lit a fire under there ass!! And now we are reaping the benefits with the 392 and Extreme Recon and other goodies coming.

Last edited:
OP
OP

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Not a Bronco fan but seriously have you seen a car manufacturer release a brand new model at the same time a once in a century pandemic hits?
Welp, Jeep managed to release an all-new Commander, updated Compass, Wrangler 4Xe, XR package, and new Grand Cherokee L during the pandemic. But sure, Ford gets a pass.

Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Even if it keeps the M186/Advantek front axle, it might be more durable than the Bronco IFS.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Not a Bronco fan but seriously have you seen a car manufacturer release a brand new model at the same time a once in a century pandemic hits?
I can't comment. I wasn't around for the last century's pandemic.

I think Ford coming out with the Bronco brought some good hard competition to Jeeps door step and lit a fire under there ass!! And now we are reaping the benefits with the 392 and Extreme Recon and other goodies coming.
We can agree on this.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Thank you FORD!

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Even if it keeps the M186/Advantek front axle, it might be more durable than the Bronco IFS.
The Bronco is likely to be a good fit for those who need a daily driver that can be used for light to medium trails on weekends.

So far, the Bronco's IFS appears to be good on highways. It is likely to be a good solution for those who complain about the way that Jeeps steer on the highway.

We will have to see how the hard core off road enthusiasts take to it.

OP
OP

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
The Bronco is likely to be a good fit for those who need a daily driver that can be used for light to medium trails on weekends.

So far, the Bronco's IFS appears to be good on highways. It is likely to be a good solution for those who complain about the way that Jeeps steer on the highway.
So is a 4Runner. So were the Xterra and FJ. Aside from the removable top, there’s nothing new about the Bronco. Just another typical Jeep “competitor” with IFS and a solid rear.
Sponsored