Sponsored

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Now, if Jeep offered this in a two door Willys Sport, with only the half doors and base uppers, base soft top, base radio, rubber/vinyl floor covering, 6 speed manual transmission, and the V6 they'd have my order.
Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
It's all perspective and opinion based. I know it's sacrilege because this is a Wrangler forum but I'm sure there are some Wrangler owners wondering these same things:

f it drives even better on road than the JL Wrangler because of the IFS then I'd consider it. If its a little more spacious then I'd consider it. If I like the tech a little more (12" screen, 360 degree cam) then I'll consider it.

If the Bronco is too wide and too large and not as nimble as the Wrangler then I won't consider it. If it feels too much like a typical SUV then I won't consider it. If there are more blind spots and I don't like the visibility (big one for me) then I won't consider it.

It all depends on the test drive whenever I can get a chance to see one and drive it. Another factor is pricing. If I can sell my used Rubicon for a higher amount and buy a brand new Bronco (or brand new Wrangler for that matter) then I might consider it.
I did see reviews on Youtube comparing the two. They did mention Bronco was much better on the road due to IFS. But Jeep felt more raw and like a Jeep on the trail. Plus they did mention the Bronco felt bulky and needed more attention to not knock off the side mirrors while the Jeep felt more nimble and easier to navigate into tighter trails.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I'm glad Ford more or less forced them into this position, but honestly at this point it feels like they're trying to tank 2-dr sales to the point they can justify discontinuing it entirely.
They will never discontinue the 2 door. It is an ICON and they can't mess with it. In terms of sales, it doesn't matter. Jeep sells way too many Unlimited vs. 2-door to matter for them.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I did see reviews on Youtube comparing the two. They did mention Bronco was much better on the road due to IFS. But Jeep felt more raw and like a Jeep on the trail. Plus they did mention the Bronco felt bulky and needed more attention to not knock off the side mirrors while the Jeep felt more nimble and easier to navigate into tighter trails.
Lots of reviews by now (I've watched plenty) but there is a big difference in peoples driving experience and their own value of certain items over others. Like anything in life, everyone online has an opinion when most A) haven't actually seen one in person or B) actually driven one. I'll wait to make any decisions until I get a chance to drive one.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I’m dying to see a build sheet, to know if it has the wide 44 axles, and bigger brakes. If that’s the case I might be looking to trade in my wife’s car for a snazzy berry if they still make that color.
The WILLYS already has the larger Rubicon brakes now.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
They will never discontinue the 2 door. It is an ICON and they can't mess with it. In terms of sales, it doesn't matter. Jeep sells way too many Unlimited vs. 2-door to matter for them.
I also hope they do not discontinue the 2-door. Part of me feels they just about are by not offering some of the options available on the 4-door. No diesel, V8, 4Xe, Xtreme Recon, and a lot of other options are not available for the 2-door. The 2-door might not be discontinued but it certainly has become the stepchild.

Last edited:

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Honestly this is not that good of a deal. A comparable base 4 door Bronco with Sasquatch is only a bit more expensive but comes with lockers, upgraded shocks, power windows and locks, and a bigger touch screen.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
The two-door may feel like the stepchild, but then again, they offer it exactly as it should be offered. It has the least complicated engine and the most robust mechanical configuration (3.6L Rubicon). It is the least complicated version of itself, and some might say, the least complicated version is the purest, or even the best, version of itself.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
A rear locker would be nice, but not a deal breaker. A winch and a Pull Pal will get you out of a lot of jams. I also like the Willys hood better than the fake vent Rubi hood.
A winch will get you through almost anything and it is practically way more capable than a locker. however you have to set up the winching, it is cumbersome, slow, and it is gonna hold people up behind you.

most people wheeling popular trails dont pull their winch unless necessary. Youd want to get through obstacles without winching.

But if you are just out and exploring and care mostly about the journey and destination a winch is way better piece of gear than lockers.

Lockers are for crawling, for trail riding.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
A bigger touch screen.
😂 😂 😂

By the way the willys comes with powerlocks and windows too. It is the willys sport that doesnt. Oh. And this comes with a solid front axle and real articulation.
Ohhh and it is a Jeep. Not a knockoff.

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
Would prefer the other way around. Bare bones with rear lockers - let me figure out the lift and tires.
I'd like to see that too, lockers and axles from rubicon in a sport. I do like the 4.56 and 4.88 gearing options though. Then if someone wanted the 4:1 tcase then they step up to a Rubicon.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
It's all perspective and opinion based. I know it's sacrilege because this is a Wrangler forum but I'm sure there are some Wrangler owners wondering these same things:

f it drives even better on road than the JL Wrangler because of the IFS then I'd consider it. If its a little more spacious then I'd consider it. If I like the tech a little more (12" screen, 360 degree cam) then I'll consider it.

If the Bronco is too wide and too large and not as nimble as the Wrangler then I won't consider it. If it feels too much like a typical SUV then I won't consider it. If there are more blind spots and I don't like the visibility (big one for me) then I won't consider it.

It all depends on the test drive whenever I can get a chance to see one and drive it. Another factor is pricing. If I can sell my used Rubicon for a higher amount and buy a brand new Bronco (or brand new Wrangler for that matter) then I might consider it.
Speaking to being nimble: Did you know the Ford Bronco has a turning radius of nearly 36’, apparently both 2 and 4 door models. The Wrangler’s turning radius is just over 17’ on the two door and just over 20’ on the four door. That is a HUGE difference.

SFA for the win.

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
Are the JTs having the corrosion issues too? Or not? I haven't heard anything about it on them. Although I wasn't really looking too either. Do they run off a different assembly plant?
I don't know. I haven't seen any issues on the Gladiator forum and my 21' with a March 21' build date hasn't begun corroding yet.

I saw a JLU Sahara a few days ago. It was peeling from the grille (another issue I had) and the corrosion was about 5 inches all around every hinge around every door. By far the worst case of corrosion I've seen. I know another guy with a 19' Willys JLU and his corrosion is rapidly spreading on all of the doors.

I hope that Stellantis and Jeep really focus on quality and these new packages. They have great and fun products. Hopefully not overshadowed by shoddy reliability and major paint / corrosion problems.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Speaking to being nimble: Did you know the Ford Bronco has a turning radius of nearly 36’, apparently both 2 and 4 door models. The Wrangler’s turning radius is just over 17’ on the two door and just over 20’ on the four door. That is a HUGE difference.

SFA for the win.
Don't forget about trail turn assist on the Bronco. That tightens that margin up quite a bit despite it being only needed in extreme situations.
Sponsored