Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Did you wheel it a lot? Would you say the LSD worked strong with 35s? Clutch packs alright?
ive had 35s on my lsd Sport for a couple of years now. Ive wheeled it quite a bit. I just hit 20k miles. Recently i did a gear swap. We checked out the lsd and it seems fine. Its never given me any issues (knocks on wood/head).
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I know that no one important at Jeep reads posts here, but build a 2 door
This is good, Jeep responding to the Bronco. I wonder what the answer will be to the Raptor.
Hmmm. A 392 Mojave XR. That should do.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. We care so much about the environment, we really want to make a statement!: 4xe
A month later. 392.

Ford is not even hitting the paper though.
Don't forget these:

We've got one with factory 35s with ugly butt fenders!

We've got a pink one!

We've got a red one!

I personally can't wait for the Fuschia one.

In all seriousness, some have hit the mark. My target analogy is more an observation of all these ridiculous iterations. It's like they took every idea in a brainstorming session and raided their parts bin trying to rush new and "exciting" things out. It's more marketing right now than anything else.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Lots of people buy the Rubicon for the sticker. But you are right, this is not gonna be just a Rubicon without sway bar disconnect lol. The article says "without the offroad goodies" which I assume are lockers and sway bar disco. It could just be a willys on open d44 axles with an upgraded rear LSD or the basic rear LSD.

The reality is. When people see this thing with huge tires on the lot for a similar price as a standard rubi, they are gonna go for the Willys and the rubi will get cannibalized.

Unless Jeep decides to put the XR package on all rubicons.
The Rubicons should now come standard with the XR package.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Don't forget these:

We've got one with factory 35s with ugly butt fenders!

We've got a pink one!

We've got a red one!

I personally can't wait for the Fuschia one.

In all seriousness, some have hit the mark. My target analogy is more an observation of all these ridiculous iterations. It's like they took every idea in a brainstorming session and raided their parts bin trying to rush new and "exciting" things out. It's more marketing right now than anything else.
Correct, marketing is always #1 (unfortunately)

Sponsored

Derf123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu
The Rubicons should now come standard with the XR package.
I don’t think fca will make the xr standard on rubicon’s. Do you mean, make it standard and raise the price by 4k? That would turn a lot of future buyers away because rubicon’s are already expensive. Plus A lot of jeepers like to modify their rubis. Xr packages are meant for people who don’t want to deal with headaches if any of modding their suspensions. Just my two cents. If they make it standard on rubis, they’ll have to pass on that 4k to the consumer somehow.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
But let's see more pics of the Tuscadero 4xe in the background!!

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Anyone who buys one of these can thank Ford for it existing.
Umm, anyone who buys a Bronco can thank Jeep for it existing.

Gen 1 Bronco: International Scout Rip Off.

Gen 2-5 Bronco: Chevy Blazer Rip Off.

Gen 6 Bronco: Jeep Wrangler JL Rip Off.

Ford has pretty much brought nothing to table…. Oh, except for their gimmicky GOAT modes, which aren’t even functional with manual transmissions.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
Wish the 2.0L and a rear locker was an option. Still, it’s a step in the right direction.

Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/09/23/2022-jeep-wrangler-willys-xtreme-recon/

A cheaper Xtreme Recon offering helps Jeep fend off the 2021 Ford Bronco and its Sasquatch package, which offers similar goodies but is currently limited to automatic models and, like every Bronco variant, is virtually impossible to find in showrooms.
This is the part that got me, pointing out that the Sasquatch package is currently limited to automatic models. I've read that the XR package on the Rubicon is supposed to be available with a 6spd manual and 4.88s. But that's not available online, and you can't order it at a dealer either. So currently all iterations of the Jeep XR package are also limited to automatic models.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I would say it worked very well. Never got stuck or felt like I needed lockers. I used it on sand, some steep climbs with a lot of articulation.

I can't say my fenders held up. lol

I don't know about the clutch packs. I didn't take it apart. I traded in my JL due to rapidly spreading corrosion and I was unhappy with the manual trans. (+recalls). I was starting to have some oil leaks from one of the engine sensors. No help from dealerships for the corrosion.

If I have the same issues with my JT. It will be my last FCA / Stellantis product.

I gave Jeep another chance buying a brand new JT. Since I was happy with the LSD. I was ok with a Willys / LSD JT.
Are the JTs having the corrosion issues too? Or not? I haven't heard anything about it on them. Although I wasn't really looking too either. Do they run off a different assembly plant?

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think fca will make the xr standard on rubicon’s. Do you mean, make it standard and raise the price by 4k? That would turn a lot of future buyers away because rubicon’s are already expensive. Plus A lot of jeepers like to modify their rubis. Xr packages are meant for people who don’t want to deal with headaches if any of modding their suspensions. Just my two cents. If they make it standard on rubis, they’ll have to pass on that 4k to the consumer somehow.
I don't think they will either. It would be nice though. Wishing is all.. Lol..

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Are the JTs having the corrosion issues too? Or not? I haven't heard anything about it on them. Although I wasn't really looking too either. Do they run off a different assembly plant?

The service bulletin for corrosion also includes the JT.
Sponsored