hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Its gotta have rubi axles. Otherwise I believe the 35s would rub. So this very likely has front and rear wide d44.

jeep never advertised LSD sports having dana44 rear, or manual sports having dana44 rear. We found out from our build sheets back in 2018.
Also not advertising the Rubi flares or Rubi rear bumper to match flares as part of package 🤷‍♂️

edit - I would also bet the “starting at” price is not totally valid from pics we are seeing :)
Sponsored

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Anyone know who makes the wheels for the Extreme Recon? All I keep seeing is that they're 17x8 inch bead lock capable wheels.
They look like the same "jeep performance parts" beadlock capable wheels that are standard on the JLU 392 and can be ordered from MOPAR in the silver color through the parts catalogue.

Edit: The 292 wheels are a tad different, but similar. Looks like these are the Jeep Performance Parts wheels, but in a gunmetal silver color with black beadlock ring.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep JL Willys Extreme Recon Announced for $40,930; Orders Open in October Capture2.PNG

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Competition is great for everyone, but especially great for Jeep owners.
Ford Bronco has forced FCA to work harder to EARN our money and loyalty!

Thank the Ford for these many blessings! (Brave New World reference 😉)
I love it. Now I really wish Ford make the Bronco with bulletproof reliability and dealer service. Hopefully, that causes FCA to come down on their dealer and force improved customer service and maybe, just maybe, it forces FCA to clean up its paint process to prevent the wrangler from corroding even before the factory warranty is expired!

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Also not advertising the Rubi flares or Rubi rear bumper to match flares as part of package 🤷‍♂️

edit - I would also bet the “starting at” price is not totally valid from pics we are seeing :)
I saw the price as well. This is the current price for the Willys so if the XR package costs $4000 on the Rubi, I can't imagine it would cost less here. My guess is the total price jumps to about $45K.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I wonder if this competition will lead to Ford actually shipping Broncos.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I saw the price as well. This is the current price for the Willys so if the XR package costs $4000 on the Rubi, I can't imagine it would cost less here. My guess is the total price jumps to about $45K.
If it costs $4k on the Rubicon, and it includes upgraded axles (wide-track Rubicon axles) with lockers, front and rear, for the Willys, it's probably more $

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I believe will be 45+. If you add XR you will have to add additional items as well :)

Sponsored

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
I had 35s on my LSD JL. It had the perfect clearance and it was a beast offroad. Really surprised me how capable it was. This really is the perfect package if you get D44 axles and a rear locker.

I might trade my Willys JT and get back into a JL, but only if it was the D44 axles.

I really like this package...

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I had 35s on my LSD JL. It had the perfect clearance and it was a beast offroad. Really surprised me how capable it was. This really is the perfect package if you get D44 axles and a rear locker.

I might trade my Willys JT and get back into a JL, but only if it was the D44 axles.

I really like this package...
Did you wheel it a lot? Would you say the LSD worked strong with 35s? Clutch packs alright?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wouldn’t it be cool if things like axles and lockers were something you could upgrade on all trims?
As someone that ordered a Ford Bronco, my opinion is a strong "no".

The Jeep Rubicon is the base model Wrangler, supplied with axles and lockers. I ordered a Rubicon with almost no options. It's not much different than a Sport, except it has all the off road goodies. Jeeps way of packaging those off road goodies makes it a lot more accessible to the buyer.

Ford allows you to add all the off road goodies to every trim, via a Sasquatch "package". What that's done is create part constraints, because each trim level uses some of those package parts, so you have every trim available using some of the "package" parts and then there are part constraints (unavailable parts) across all trims. Ford shot themselves in the foot not following the Jeep model. They constrained each trim, and therefor each buyer. They were unable to deliver very many vehicles because they couldn't come up with buildable units, something is missing from so many of the builds because they offered too many variables. Believe me, as someone that watched this stuff daily/weekly/monthly trying to get a very basic two-door Badlands, it became ridiculous what parts were available on any given week, and which parts became constrained just a couple weeks later. If the top fiasco hadn't happened, we (people that ordered Broncos) would be just as frustrated because the tow receiver wasn't available, or the front locker was available but not the rear, or the auto trans but not the manual, or the 33" tires but not the 35". No joke, we all got emails saying, if you want your vehicle faster, choose this model and trim, so MANY people are ordering a vehicle they never really wanted. We were told, buy a four door, buy the larger engine, buy the auto trans, skip the Sasquatch package, no tow hitch, no hard top. They have a huge bin of of parts with none of the right parts at any given time to build a truck.

If you want axles/lockers on any given trim, it's called a Rubicon, and they are available, haha.
Sponsored