First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
This doesn't seem like a worthwhile package. My 2D Rubicon was $41k and comes with the off road goodies. This looks like all-show, no-go.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
This doesn't seem like a worthwhile package. My 2D Rubicon was $41k and comes with the off road goodies. This looks like all-show, no-go.
Not if it comes with 4.56 gears and dana 44 front axle. if thats the case it is a hell of a deal. Sway bar disconnect is a $150 mod. Lockers is 3k. i would actually be very surprised if it comes with rear LSD instead of a rear locker because of the heavy 35in tires.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Maybe I am alone in this, but this package is in no way even close to being equivalent to the sasquatch.

Jeep really needs to start including lockers, at least rear, into other trims or at minimum into the XR package. Front and rear lockers (M210 and M220) should be part of XR, sans swaybar disconnect. Just like the sasquatch package.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Not if it comes with 4.56 gears and dana 44 front axle. if thats the case it is a hell of a deal. Sway bar disconnect is a $150 mod. Lockers is 3k. i would actually be very surprised if it comes with rear LSD instead of a rear locker because of the heavy 35in tires.
But the press material doesn't say it includes any of that...well, gearing, but without the axles/lockers the torque isn't likely applied to the ground anyway. The listed specs are not much of an advantage off road.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Maybe I am alone in this, but this package is in no way even close to being equivalent to the sasquatch.

Jeep really needs to start including lockers, at least rear, into other trims or at minimum into the XR package. Front and rear lockers (M210 and M220) should be part of XR, sans swaybar disconnect. Just like the sasquatch package.
id take this over a bronco sas all day long with proper articulation and adding lockers aftermarket comes to about 3k
But the press material doesn't say it includes any of that...well, gearing, but without the axles/lockers the torque isn't likely applied to the ground anyway. The listed specs are not much of an advantage off road.
Yeap. If the front axle is a dana 30 then I agree. If the front axle is a dana44 I would buy this over a standard rubi.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
If the Dana M210 front axle isn't used, I would be curious what they did to the M186 front axle. I would think that it would be cheaper to ise the M210 rather than spec'ing a modded M186. The M210 is already used in the tow pkg Gladiator, the diesel and the 4Xe.

Using the currently available LSD also would not make much sense. It is far more likely to fail in this application, The driveline warranty is 5 years/100k miles.

OP
OP

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
If the Dana M210 front axle isn't used, I would be curious what they did to the M186 front axle. I would think that it would be cheaper to ise the M210 rather than spec'ing a modded M186. The M210 is already used in the tow pkg Gladiator, the diesel and the 4Xe.

Using the currently available LSD also would not make much sense. It is far more likely to fail in this application, The driveline warranty is 5 years/100k miles.
I agree with you, but we probably wonā€™t know until we see some build sheets.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Yeap. the clutch packs would get destroyed and I doubt Jeep would use the d30 with the 35s on 4.56 gears. As you said they put it on the diesel and 4xe because of the extra weight. They tend to be very cautious about this stuff.

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
With the right axles this would pull me back into a JL.

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Itā€™s going to be a really good deal and package for sure I will buy this and save money over the Rubicon since I donā€™t do any hardcore rock crawling either. I am surprised in their list they didnā€™t include the upgraded axles also, there is no way they donā€˜t give you the Dana 44 axles with this package and I bet the rear also must have a locker instead of the limited slip now what they may do is charge you for the rear locker possibly On top of the package is my guess!!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Itā€™s going to be a really good deal and package for sure I will buy this and save money over the Rubicon since I donā€™t do any hardcore rock crawling either. I am surprised in their list they didnā€™t include the upgraded axles also, there is no way they donā€˜t give you the Dana 44 axles with this package and I bet the rear also must have a locker instead of the limited slip now what they may do is charge you for the rear locker possibly On top of the package is my guess!!
Its gotta have rubi axles. Otherwise I believe the 35s would rub. So this very likely has front and rear wide d44.

jeep never advertised LSD sports having dana44 rear, or manual sports having dana44 rear. We found out from our build sheets back in 2018.

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Anyone know who makes the wheels for the Extreme Recon? All I keep seeing is that they're 17x8 inch bead lock capable wheels.