Sponsored

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon (replaced 2018 JLU Sport S)
My salesman just got back with me to let me know the cheapest Willy's XR he was able to mock order in the system still came in at $48k. He's just as confused as we are as to why they would have launched this edition with a $40k price if the dealers couldn't come close to getting us to that price..
My current Wrangler lease ends in Dec. it’s a 4-dr Sport S manual with Rubi take off rims/KO2s. I need to figure this out… I’m already scrambling trying to figure out a potential 2 month+ gap after turn-in (or extension, or buyout). Agghhhh.
Sponsored

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
My current Wrangler lease ends in Dec. it’s a 4-dr Sport S manual with Rubi take off rims/KO2s. I need to figure this out… I’m already scrambling trying to figure out a potential 2 month+ gap after turn-in (or extension, or buyout). Agghhhh.
Might want to see what they'd be willing to give you to buy out your lease right now? Could put a nice wad of cash in your pocket. I got a $12K check for turning in my Corvette lease early! Crazy times...

95YJ

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, 2017 Cherokee TH, 2020 JGC Overland
This is my tentative build. Just waiting on new color announcements in the next few months.
B314E9DA-8067-443C-9172-95F4BFD77A5C.jpeg
That's nearly identical to the one I was looking to build out! Looks like you are getting a deal on those 4 gallons of gas, LOL. Prices around here are $3/gallon now! ;-)

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might want to see what they'd be willing to give you to buy out your lease right now? Could put a nice wad of cash in your pocket. I got a $12K check for turning in my Corvette lease early! Crazy times...
Right... but I still need a car and there's not a manual in sight. I had CarMax give me an estimate & it's about 4k over what I owe—not bad considering I'm pretty over on the mileage. Thanks for the heads up, though!

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
That's nearly identical to the one I was looking to build out! Looks like you are getting a deal on those 4 gallons of gas, LOL. Prices around here are $3/gallon now! ;-)
I actually forgot Selec-Trac in my build. And I'm leaning towards not going with the tow package. I'll just add a receiver and wiring harness later. Pretty sure I'm going to place my order soon. I was going to wait to see what new colors come out later in the year. But now I'm leaning towards Hydro Blue.

Kind of disappointed you still can't get the keyless entry without the half door package.

Sponsored

89speedy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Willys
Just how are you guys doing these Willys builds, through the dealer? When i go to the build sheet online i only see 2021 options.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Just how are you guys doing these Willys builds, through the dealer? When i go to the build sheet online i only see 2021 options.
You will need to go to the dealer for them to create you one.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spec one out using the order guide. Then contact your dealer with what you want.

The build and price is only a guide.

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spec one out using the order guide. Then contact your dealer with what you want.

The build and price is only a guide.
Was at the dealer today. He told me they don’t have any ability to place a 2022 order, as they haven’t gotten any official Wrangler info yet—said they had expected it the 9th, but he knows as much as I do. He’s going to call me when the info drops. Also “he’s been doing this for 30 years”. Ugh.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was at the dealer today. He told me they don’t have any ability to place a 2022 order, as they haven’t gotten any official Wrangler info yet—said they had expected it the 9th, but he knows as much as I do. He’s going to call me when the info drops. Also “he’s been doing this for 30 years”. Ugh.
Lol every other dealer has the 2022 info. They are probably playing dumb since they would rather you buy a 2021. I ordered one yesterday and many other people have ordered too.

Sponsored

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol every other dealer has the 2022 info. They are probably playing dumb since they would rather you buy a 2021. I ordered one yesterday and many other people have ordered too.
I hear you... but I played dumb too. I can't do much until I can see it online myself. Otherwise, I've got to trust that whatever he says is accurate & that's a hard no. The good news is that I'm already driving a Wrangler—so I can buy it out and wait if needed.

Trust me—I believe the things you all are saying. But when the salesman plays dumb, you either play along for a while so you can "win the war", or you act out & become "that guy". It'll be ok. I'll start the process at another dealer or two & eventually it'll work out.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you... but I played dumb too. I can't do much until I can see it online myself. Otherwise, I've got to trust that whatever he says is accurate & that's a hard no. The good news is that I'm already driving a Wrangler—so I can buy it out and wait if needed.

Trust me—I believe the things you all are saying. But when the salesman plays dumb, you either play along for a while so you can "win the war", or you act out & become "that guy". It'll be ok. I'll start the process at another dealer or two & eventually it'll work out.
This is what every dealer should have at their fingertips.

2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) 4-Door Order Guide FIRST Look!

You can't really rely on the online build and price. They take forever to update it. By the time they update new limited colors on it they are already no longer available to order. The Gladiator build and price is still showing Nacho. Ordering for it ended at the end of February. LOL

And I get it. You have to choose your battles.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Does anyone know if willys xtreme will come in body colored fender flares like shown in the video? I looked in the order guide didnt get any clarification.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if willys xtreme will come in body colored fender flares like shown in the video? I looked in the order guide didnt get any clarification.
Five up from the bottom. MIC, which are black, Rubicon Highline Fender Flares.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep JL Willys Extreme Recon Announced for $40,930; Orders Open in October Screenshot (5)

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Five up from the bottom. MIC, which are black, Rubicon Highline Fender Flares.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep JL Willys Extreme Recon Announced for $40,930; Orders Open in October Screenshot (5)
Thank you. I had a feeling it would be black. However, in the introduction video they showed body colored flares.

Sponsored