2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Only two months until check-in! Any newcomers?

I know my Jeep is ready to go! The only thing that would be nice to have is a winch, but my current setup is completely removable so nothing can be stolen or vandalized on the exterior during my daily commute in Dallas.

My Jeep was also delivered earlier than I initially expected so I got to break her in and find out what the factory Rubicon setup is all about!
Did you ever make it out there with your setup? I have a factory JLUR and was thinking about doing the jeep the mac drive and heading to DI. Seeing the Grand Cherokee do it makes me think I can as well...but it would be nice to know if another stock JLUR did it fairly easily.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Did you ever make it out there with your setup? I have a factory JLUR and was thinking about doing the jeep the mac drive and heading to DI. Seeing the Grand Cherokee do it makes me think I can as well...but it would be nice to know if another stock JLUR did it fairly easily.
I made it! Didn’t need any recover gear. I was the only Jeep in my group with smaller than 35’s, and by far the most stock. All depends on how muddy it is, though as there could be some very tricky areas.

Really wasn’t bad when I was there, but you are going to want to leave your doors on if there’s a lot of rain. I had water above the door sills more than once.

Also, I have a two door so the short wheelbase did help with break over angle on the rocks.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I made it! Didn’t need any recover gear. I was the only Jeep in my group with smaller than 35’s, and by far the most stock. All depends on how muddy it is, though as there could be some very tricky areas.

Really wasn’t bad when I was there, but you are going to want to leave your doors on if there’s a lot of rain. I had water above the door sills more than once.

Also, I have a two door so the short wheelbase did help with break over angle on the rocks.
Thanks! I don't know anybody yet going to jeep the mac, but I'm guessing there's groups of people that go? I need to research it more.

Did you do the Marblehead trail and then around and through the tank traps?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Thanks! I don't know anybody yet going to jeep the mac, but I'm guessing there's groups of people that go? I need to research it more.

The tank traps are on the badge trail. Three south loop to Marblehead. Most claim the badge and skip the trail.

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

My group did not go through the tank traps, so technically we did not complete south marble head loop. The badge trail includes the tank traps, not just the steps at Marblehead. Had I been aware, I honestly would have asked to be in a group that heads through them.

I think you will be able to make it, so long as it’s dry enough and you pick your lines well. I was given the option to be in whatever group I wanted with my stock rig, but chose to hang in the middle (I think group 3 of 6 with 1 being the most modified/experienced, and 6 being the least) because it was going to be my girlfriend's first time offroad in a jeep and she wanted to drive a bit as well. Had no idea our group wouldn't do the full south loop.

If you plan on going that route, make sure you have good recovery gear and a buddy. A winch wouldn’t hurt either.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Are you guys camping on Drummond Island?

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

I’m looking at going this year if I can pull it off without getting divorced (its our anniversary the 12th). If I can go and you wanna group up, Id be up for it.

Are you guys camping on Drummond Island?
Planning on it this year at least twice. Not sure where yet though.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I’m looking at going this year if I can pull it off without getting divorced (its our anniversary the 12th). If I can go and you wanna group up, Id be up for it.

do you want some pin drops?

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Don't get divorced, do your anniversary. :)

I'm going to skip this year and pencil it in next year. It's coming up quick and I want to get some stuff done to the Jeep before I go. Right now I just don't have the time, but I'm going to start planning for next year!

Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Don't get divorced, do your anniversary. :)

I'm going to skip this year and pencil it in next year. It's coming up quick and I want to get some stuff done to the Jeep before I go. Right now I just don't have the time, but I'm going to start planning for next year!
Theres a couple other events going on up there this year as well. The Jamboree is June 15-17th and the Off-Road adventure is Aug 17-19th. Neither of which aim going to make.

Im planning on going on a non-event weekend at some point. Was going to see if some folks from here want to put something together. Probably in July or August.

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Theres a couple other events going on up there this year as well. The Jamboree is June 15-17th and the Off-Road adventure is Aug 17-19th. Neither of which aim going to make.

Im planning on going on a non-event weekend at some point. Was going to see if some folks from here want to put something together. Probably in July or August.
I would definitely interested!
Sponsored