Sponsored

2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
My wife and I did DI last spring for the first time. We were alone.
My advice is make sure you have good quality self recovery equipment if going alone. IMO you should really have something if you aren't alone.
Oh and BFG KO aren't good in that mud. Mud tires would have been alot better.

Wife and I got damn good and efficient at winching on that south trail...
Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Added myself to the waiting list. But while I was on the web site, I saw the Northwoods one by Mole Lake, WI, which is 20-30 min from my cabin; I’m going to sign my self and my 10y/o daughter up for that one.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Signed up for my first ever Jeep Jamboree for June of 2022 on Drummond Island! This is has been something I wanted to do for a while, but moved to Texas and sold my last Jeep before I got the chance. It's going to be a long drive up from Dallas, but I could not be more excited!

Any Drummond Island veterans, going to the jamboree or not, feel free to chime in with tips and advice. I know I don't have much of an idea of what to expect because most write ups and videos are of modified rigs, so I am sure others are curious too. Currently, I plan to attend in a bone stock Rubicon, but might throw some skid plates on if everyone thinks it would be worth it with no lift and 33's.

Anyways, who is going? Hoping to meet a couple forum members there!
That'll be a blast! I was up there in July of 2020. The lake was up, but we still got some shore driving in and it was just beautiful. I'd love to do it with a Jamboree!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In IMG_20200629_124159

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In VID_20200629_113623~4_exported_41931_1593894222173

guzie

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Looking forward to meeting you there!

I have steel bumpers as well and was thinking the same thing, but might hold off and get some traction boards and other recovery gear instead. With everyone else coming to this thing, I figure someone will be able to pull me out if I get stuck. I also don't love the idea of someone messing with my winch in downtown Dallas. I think I will wait until I can garage my Jeep.
Traction boards would be a good thing to have as well except your then putting them back in your Jeep with mud on them unless you rack them outside. I could put a rack up top on the hard top and then put the recovery boards on there. By time I did that though I might as well put on the winch I plan to add.
my ride: 2021 recon edition.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In 307596AC-D0D8-4DEE-995F-C93B88180527

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
If I was going to be in the area in 2022. I would just guide all of you. I do this often with friends and fellow jeepers. I even provide and cook the meals. What I do is I buy all the food and then just split the cost with how many others are going with me. I will lead 30 or 40 Jeeps at times on the trails in Michigan.

The only thing I charge for is the actual cost of the food. If we are camping, I also find us bomb spots to camp.

But I am leaving in two days for a 20,000 mile 11+ month Jeep wheeling, camping and hiking Adventure. Leaving Michigan, headed to Texas, couple wheeling days on the way to Texas, then we plan to wheel, hike and explore Texas and all the western states west of Texas from the Mexico border to Dead Horse Alaska and back to Michigan.

This will be my group. Three JLUR with campers that we pull down the trail and set up base camps.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In 1640870470348

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In 1640870425857

Either way, you will have a great time on Drummond Island. It is beautiful. On a side note, fill up with fuel before you get on the Island everything is a tad bit more expensive on the island.

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I have registered twice previously, and failed to make it each time. First time I was broke, second time my Jeep was.

Unfortunately, the second time was going to be a Father's Day trip with my dad.

This time I have a '22 JLR on order, so I grabbed a spot and I'm hoping it'll arrive by then. I haven't told dad yet, but hoping he can make the trip with me.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
If I was going to be in the area in 2022. I would just guide all of you. I do this often with friends and fellow jeepers. I even provide and cook the meals. What I do is I buy all the food and then just split the cost with how many others are going with me. I will lead 30 or 40 Jeeps at times on the trails in Michigan.

The only thing I charge for is the actual cost of the food. If we are camping, I also find us bomb spots to camp.

But I am leaving in two days for a 20,000 mile 11+ month Jeep wheeling, camping and hiking Adventure. Leaving Michigan, headed to Texas, couple wheeling days on the way to Texas, then we plan to wheel, hike and explore Texas and all the western states west of Texas from the Mexico border to Dead Horse Alaska and back to Michigan.

This will be my group. Three JLUR with campers that we pull down the trail and set up base camps.

Either way, you will have a great time on Drummond Island. It is beautiful. On a side note, fill up with fuel before you get on the Island everything is a tad bit more expensive on the island.
Sounds great for 2023!!! Lol!

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Only two months until check-in! Any newcomers?

I know my Jeep is ready to go! The only thing that would be nice to have is a winch, but my current setup is completely removable so nothing can be stolen or vandalized on the exterior during my daily commute in Dallas.

My Jeep was also delivered earlier than I initially expected so I got to break her in and find out what the factory Rubicon setup is all about!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In B9B60FF0-72B8-4989-8621-3B816136AADA

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In 1650125732679

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I registered to attend with my new JL, but life got in the way so I canceled. Hope everyone has a fantastic and safe time.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Only two months until check-in! Any newcomers?

I know my Jeep is ready to go! The only thing that would be nice to have is a winch, but my current setup is completely removable so nothing can be stolen or vandalized on the exterior during my daily commute in Dallas.

My Jeep was also delivered earlier than I initially expected so I got to break her in and find out what the factory Rubicon setup is all about!

If you plan to run the badge trail on Drummond island; the south loop to Marblehead, you will want a winch or Jeeps with a winch in front of you or in back of you. The mud holes are deep. Like even with 35s you will probably have to winch several times. 37s MT type tires and pic a bad line, you will be winching. Just so you know. I have been on the trail many times and if you watch YouTube about the badge trail, just about every YouTube channel does not show you the actual badge trail. Why because they take the north loop to Marblehead and skip the actual badge trail because it is a mess all the time.

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

If you plan to run the badge trail on Drummond island; the south loop to Marblehead, you will want a winch or Jeeps with a winch in front of you or in back of you. The mud holes are deep. Like even with 35s you will probably have to winch several times. 37s MT type tires and pic a bad line, you will be winching. Just so you know. I have been on the trail many times and if you watch YouTube about the badge trail, just about every YouTube channel does not show you the actual badge trail. Why because they take the north loop to Marblehead and skip the actual badge trail because it is a mess all the time.
I know it's probably the best piece of equipment for Drummond Island, but it's just not in the cards for me right now. I have WAY too many people looking at and messing with my Jeep on a daily basis and I don't have a garage.

I had my Tacoma (traded for Jeep) in Dallas maybe a month before someone sliced the bed cover in broad daylight while I was at work. I just don't trust people around here not to unspool the line and cut it, or hook it to another car just to be chaotic.

For now, all the other recovery gear I have collected throughout the years will have to do. And if not, and I get put in a group that doesn't go that route, then I guess it gives me an excuse to come back with a winch!

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Went last year in June and did not do the Tank Trap area. Talked to some people is SXS and they were stuck in there for hours. F that. The lower section of the Turtle Creek OR park was also very wet, buddy’s TJ Rubicon got stuck on a stump that took us a bit to get over. Other than that, it was very dry everywhere else, and a great couple days.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I know it's probably the best piece of equipment for Drummond Island, but it's just not in the cards for me right now. I have WAY too many people looking at and messing with my Jeep on a daily basis and I don't have a garage.

I had my Tacoma (traded for Jeep) in Dallas maybe a month before someone sliced the bed cover in broad daylight while I was at work. I just don't trust people around here not to unspool the line and cut it, or hook it to another car just to be chaotic.

For now, all the other recovery gear I have collected throughout the years will have to do. And if not, and I get put in a group that doesn't go that route, then I guess it gives me an excuse to come back with a winch!

Not to worry. The trail guides are excellent and will take good care of you.

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Happy Memorial Day!

Only a couple more weeks until check in! I am absolutely fired up, and have been busy with mods!

Put the Jeep through its paces at Hot Springs a few weeks ago and it inspired me to finally pull the trigger on a winch and 35’s. Currently they’re sitting in a storage unit waiting for a lift and install when. I know they should fit with minor rubbing, but I figured it was better to save the gas and run 33’s there and back and enjoy the full up travel of the stock suspension.

Hasn’t let me down yet!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In 1653920930448

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Drummond Island Jamboree Check-In 1653921180700
Sponsored