Sponsored

2022 Color Wish List

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I’d like to see the Diamond Crystal Black currently offered on the Grand Cherokee offered on the Wrangler.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
As I’m keeping my 2019 Bikini for life I’m ok if the color doesn’t make a comeback - I love having the most distinctive vehicle in the parking lot / on the trail.

That said I do agree that the black, greys (including silver) and white vehicles are a bit (apologies to owners of these colors....but...) bland. Happy to see Gecko return, it would be nice to see a burnt orange like the Mango Tango Metallic found on the early KL’s, a metallic/pearl red (in the same range as Firecracker) and the pearl yellow on the 500X would be nice to see roaming around too.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Color Wish List 97290142-DB44-48EF-B67F-B373822B441C

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
#1 Hypergreen
#2 Mojito
Now, offer it in two tone like the jeepster concept, but w/ matte black upper to match soft top/half door uppers.

Optionally...... Factory pre-cut (pre installed?) vinyl wrap pieces in vibrant colors for sides/doors/hood/tailgate that would look good against our neutrals.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
For marketability to everyone, I always thought Jeep should make sure there’s always colors available from these groups...

Standard Colors
Black, Silver, Red, White
These are best sellers, so available every year all the time, no change.

Military Color
Sahara Tan, Sarge Green, Battleship Gray, OD Green, etc...
Every modal year, there’s a different military color available.

Bold Color
Dozer, Gecko, Hydro Blue, Hella Yellow, Punkn, etc...
One or two bold colors each year.

Metallic Color
Copperhead, Granite Crystal, etc
One of these available each year.

A plan like this would ensure there’s always something for everyone. Some years it seems they go too far into bold colors and many years there’s no military like colors.

Just my 0.02

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
For marketability to everyone, I always thought Jeep should make sure there’s always colors available from these groups... [SNIP]

This is PERFECT. Seriously. @Jeep are you listening?

I mean - I might delete Granite Crystal from your 'metallic' list and put a Gray up in the Standard color list - but this is exactly what we need!

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
For marketability to everyone, I always thought Jeep should make sure there’s always colors available from these groups...

Standard Colors
Black, Silver, Red, White
These are best sellers, so available every year all the time, no change.

Military Color
Sahara Tan, Sarge Green, Battleship Gray, OD Green, etc...
Every modal year, there’s a different military color available.

Bold Color
Dozer, Gecko, Hydro Blue, Hella Yellow, Punkn, etc...
One or two bold colors each year.

Metallic Color
Copperhead, Granite Crystal, etc
One of these available each year.

A plan like this would ensure there’s always something for everyone. Some years it seems they go too far into bold colors and many years there’s no military like colors.

Just my 0.02
I wish they would do this. But is seems like some years have great colors and other years don't. This year there are 4 gray/silvers, 2 blues, 2 yellows, 2 reds. I'd like to see them mix it up a little. bright colors are fun, but it would be nice if you 2 of the 3 bright colors weren't the same base (eg. blue). With my JK I was ready to buy and ended up waiting a couple years until they had a color I wanted. I'm a military or bright/fun color guy.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
A matte option for every color. Hell shouldn't that save them quite a bit of money, not to spray a clear coat.

Kristian

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon/Recon
Probably expensive, but a pro looking camo, as opposed to DYI would appeal to me.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I’d honestly be bummed to buy now.

Mojito was such a beautiful green, Bikini pearl was the coolest blue, andno orange can touch Punk’N.

Metallics and especially pearls are needed in punchy colors. A pearlescent purple and green would be great. That yellow needs a ton of metallic to make it sparkle.

I personally hope they don’t bring back Punk’N since it was a short run of a color they’ve never used before in any car. That means mine, especially in a one touch manual, is a unicorn.

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Always get compliments on my Ocean Blue, guess it's not a common color around here. Would love to see something similar to GoMango or Plum Crazy from the Charger line up.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Always get compliments on my Ocean Blue, guess it's not a common color around here. Would love to see something similar to GoMango or Plum Crazy from the Charger line up.
OBM will always be the best, hands down. It was only available for a short time, way better than Mojito, and hasn’t showed up on the Gladiator. I love it.
Sponsored