Sponsored

2022 Color Wish List

Rubicon1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dslkjfl'aj
Going with a '21 Rubicon in Nacho, but would really like to see it side by side with the yellow. The closest Nacho I found is over 200 miles from me in Indy. The yellow is much oranger in real life, so I'm afraid the Nacho might be too orange for my liking. Tough call.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It looks like Nacho or pretty much the old Dozer.

Matte finishes would look cool new. But anything that rubs against that finish leaves shiny marks in the matte clear coat. I wanted my Command Green JK to be matte, but getting A clear matte wrap was about $3k.

Some late model YJs had a matter green that looked really good, but the sun was very hard on that color. You never see one today. Even when they were just a few years old the paint would be all sun burned with surface rust.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My Fiat Spider has a matte black section —see below. It looks great, but it is a b*tch to upkeep.

I find the best thing to do is after I wash the car, dry the whole car with a chamois, including the black stripe and then leave the stripe alone.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Color Wish List A61721A2-1A3D-4DAD-B4FC-F2F0CE743BD2

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Color Wish List 7282F7B4-54BD-492C-9B40-0F6E5999586F

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Inca Gold
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Color Wish List 7282F7B4-54BD-492C-9B40-0F6E5999586F
I wonder what auto show that was. I lived in Chicago for a couple years and attended the Chicago Auto Show in '04 and '05. Got to see a pre-production LJ which I loved.

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Really hoping for a burnt orange like Copperhead or the Sinamon Stick color that's on the Charger and Challenger.
ChallengerSin.jpg

Patriot Blue is a great color as well, there is one in my neighborhood that always catches my eye.
Anvil and Rhino are also really nice.
I'm leaning firecracker red at the moment given current choices and desire to avoid the grays but would prefer any of the above.

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Lots of these options are great- Gobi, Copperhead, etc. I'd even love to see Mojito come back. There's been lots of great colors over the years, but the bland/drab & boring '50 shades of Jeep Gray' is not helpful at all.

I've been inside automotive factories before, so what I'm about to say is *really* hard - I get it. But there's a few industries out there that will let you 'print' your own design on a product. Wouldn't it be cool if we could literally just pick a custom color off a selector & have the Jeep show up in that color?

I never, ever impulse buy a new vehicle. When I'm spending that much money, it needs to be *exactly* what I want it to be, so I always order. If I'm buying used, then yeah, there are compromises. But for what the new ones cost, it should dang well be perfect.
Sponsored